Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tremporary Moritorium on Carry Permits

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    10955 times

Tremporary Moritorium on Carry Permits

Another weapons-related victim to COVID-19- Florida Dept. of Agriculture has suspended all new and/or renewal carry permits due to lack of personnel during the virus stand down.

https://www.cedarkeynews.com/index.p...-19-am-4-33-pm

Scroll almost to the bottom. Sorry to reference the entire briefing but it was not editable.
    darbo likes this.
    "The large print giveth, the small print taketh away..." Tom Waits
    "If the Dawn Patrol's gotta tell you twice they're gonna do it with a shotgun..." Steely Dan
    "Actually that is a pistol in my pocket..... But I am glad to see you." coopercdrkey
    Nemo me impune lacessit ​ No one provokes me with impunity
    Florida Concealed Carry Permit

Member #
    Liked
    33520 times
    Hmm, I remember questions about why the new Gov appointed an anti-gun secretary of agriculture.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8469 times
    They're pushing everyone way to far! This is going to erupt!

I hope we as many gun owners are prepared, because everything we've worried about is happening at warp speed!

WOW!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4955 times
    The governor recommended offices be closed until April 19th. Here's a reference:

https://www.fdacs.gov/News-Events/Pr...uring-COVID-19

Note the automatic extension.
    230JHP likes this.
    Whatever adjective or verb comes to mind, I am...NotSo.

One of my goals in life is to shoot more people on purpose than I do by accident. So far, so good.

Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    ...they should also suspend any penalties for CCW without a license, then.

THIS is exactly why the Second Amendment should be the ONLY authority when it comes to your Gun Rights, not some 'special license' from the State.
    Yissnakk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Hmm, I remember questions about why the new Gov appointed an anti-gun secretary of agriculture.
    It's an elected position and the lib won. She is completely anti-gun.
    olfarhors likes this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22241 times
    Sounds like Fla gov't has started to turn blue
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    1304 times
    Big deal, if it expires and you sent it in by mail you're still good. Keep your money order receipt and you're golden. If you don't have one yet shame on you. It takes as long to get it than this virus will shut down the office. And shame on you twice for not carrying because your afraid of this ether way. Get some big boy pants that can conceal your gat and move on.
    I am lawful until the law has run amuck and then I'm American. I shall not be infringed by any state, county or city.
    Last edited by Ickthus; 03-22-2020 at 07:10 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    6566 times
    Can we all take a minute to examine the OP and do some research? If we did we would find it has nothing to do with red or blue, or an agricultural department leader who is anti gun, a conspiracy against pro gun people, or any other thing that might pop into your mind. The Florida Department of Agriculture is shut down until April 19th because of the Corona virus. That means all permitting that is done through Florida Department of Agriculture is put off until after April 19. That means that veterinarians, food inspectors, health inspectors, even plumbers and other people who depend on a permit to work or a license to work at their chosen occupation.

New CCW have nothing to fall back on but Florida allows a conceal weapons permit holder 6 months after their permit has expired to renew. Sounds a little bit like there are other people that need to prepare for bad times and just don't bother to do so.

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    7591 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post
    It's an elected position and the lib won. She is completely anti-gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Sounds like Fla gov't has started to turn blue
    3,000 votes 'disappeared' on recount, other ballots were 'found'.

The Broward and Palm Beach Supervisors of Elections were removed after yet another election marked by shenanigans and incompetence that marked MULTIPLE previous elections (remember 'hanging Chad'?)

Broward County.

Interested in how the 2020 election will go.
    darbo and jtg452 like this.
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links