Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Tremporary Moritorium on Carry Permits

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    So push for constitutional carry. I hear more panic than reason.
    Now, come on. You have to have training and a permit to carry a Bible, training and a permit to carry a newspaper, and training and a permit to prohibit unreasonable search of your home. Why wouldn't you need training and a permit to engage in another of the rights reserved to the people?

The Kansas Governor, yesterday or the day before, issued an executive order advising police to ignore driver licenses, state ID's and car tags that have expired, giving people 60 days after the order is lifted to get them up to date. Noticeably absent were concealed carry licenses. Noticed at least by me--certainly not by any of the reporting news media.

Member #
    Liked
    4109 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony View Post
    Montgomery county, Ohio has shut down their CCW office for the duration, as a non-essential government service. No new permits, no renewals. Under normal circumstances, you would have 30 days past expiration to renew a permit. The county says they’ll stick to that, and if the shutdown goes longer they, won’t prosecute carrying with an expired permit.
    The problem is who the "they" is. Is the city of Dayton going alone with that also? What if you're driving in another county and get pulled over? Or in Indiana or Kentucky? I know someone who lives in Montgomery county and makes deliveries to Richmond, Indiana, for example.

Member #
    Liked
    7119 times
    Just remember what she did when elections come around again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links