Are you supportive or resistant to the racist and xenophobic claims about Covid-19?
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Are you supportive or resistant to the racist and xenophobic claims about Covid-19?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23389 times

Are you supportive or resistant to the racist and xenophobic claims about Covid-19?

I think the MSM has reached the peak of their stupidity of asking Trump why does he refer to the pathogen as China coronavirus. It is really getting old and distracting from the overall need to dissiminate lifesaving information to the citizenship. Trump's answer: because it came from China. No, that's not racist it's a fact.

1917-1918 The Spanish flu killed 50Million people worldwide. Anyone complain that the name was racist? Nope.

1985 The Taiwan Flu. Anyone claim the name was racist? Nope.

1990s. The Hong Kong flu. Anyone claim the name was racist or zenophobic? Nope.

2010 The Swine flu. Obama was in office so, was he the source of that virus? Nope.

The MEARS virus (Middle East Respiratory syncytial) virus. Originated in Iran/Iraq. Any racism or zenophobism claims? Nope.

So, why in the name of Zeus' butthole are journalists so damn hung up on making an identity politics entity out of this particular severe virus??
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    20534 times
    Because it's the only thing they do well!

Member #
    Liked
    36647 times
    Just to play devil's advocate... there was a time when Al Jolson in blackface didn't raise cries of racism... perceptions do change over time.

(That said, I do think the cries of racism are a bit ridiculous in this case, but it's all part of their divide-and-conquer strategy.)

There are reports of Americans of eastern origin buying guns because they are afraid of racial reprisals. And THAT is, I think, a straightforward result of the media pounding on the drums (is THAT racist? ) None of my gun-toting, pickup-driving, right-wing, deplorable friends are at all concerned with a racial signature on the Covid-19 virus.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34577 times
    Because to the hacks that pass for reporters these days, everything - EVERYTHING - is secondary to hatred of Donald Trump and those of us who are thrilled we elected him.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    4809 times
    In the minds of a great deal of the liberal media, and those watching it, Trump is refusing to call it by it's medical name because he needs to give a face to the enemy and is trying to take scrutiny off of his missteps and misstatements by giving angry and scared people something much more tangible of an enemy than something that is invisible to the eye. You can even see he's crossed out the name Corvid-19 in his written statements and written in China, because he needs to hammer that home every time he talks about it to keep that fresh in those angry and scared minds. So do I feel it's "racist". No, China is simply a country, and that country happens to be where the virus originated. But I have to weigh that with two things. One, that Trump has proven himself to be very xenophobic and bigoted, and two, he's using that particular branding as a tool for what he believes to be in his own benefit and best interests for the reasons I previously stated. Words are extraordinarily powerful and need to be wielded very carefully, especially when coming out of the mouth of someone as powerful as the President of the USA, and even more so when there is so much hate, ignorance, and simple minded people that will feed into that and allow it to shape not just their thoughts, but potentially even their actions, as we've seen with some attacks on Asians and racist incidents in these last weeks. The bottom line is, we've got an election coming up, and he can't allow for even a single one of his supporters to start walking out of sync with him or questioning how he's handled this, so he needs to give them something else to latch onto and blame because that's what we do best, what we absolutely need to do, when things go bad.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6f5b7c53d5c48

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Member #
    Liked
    7983 times
    IIRC, the term, 'China Virus' didn't originate with Trump, but the media has tried to fashion it into another prod. So Trump pointedly calling it the China Virus as an 'in your face' to the media isn't that surprising. Previous presidents might have backed down in the face of irrelevant media puling, I completely understand liberals being upset this one doesn't and it's not the time to let the media try to drive events with things that just don't matter.

And trying to remember the timeline -- did people in the administration start calling it the China Virus before, or after China started trying to blame the U.S. for it?
    Most stereotypes come from how you treated the last person who didn't know you.

"The greater part of mankind . . . walk blindfolded in this glorious theater." John Calvin

We will continue to make our republic the inspiration, the glory, and the envy of the rest of the world. As long as we are confident in our values, loyal to our citizens, and faithful to our God, there is no limit to what we can achieve. ​President Donald J. Trump, Feb 29, 2020.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29143 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    In the minds of a great deal of the liberal media, and those watching it, Trump is refusing to call it by it's medical name because he needs to give a face to the enemy and is trying to take scrutiny off of his missteps and misstatements by giving angry and scared people something much more tangible of an enemy than something that is invisible to the eye. You can even see he's crossed out the name Corvid-19 in his written statements and written in China, because he needs to hammer that home every time he talks about it to keep that fresh in those angry and scared minds. So do I feel it's "racist". No, China is simply a country, and that country happens to be where the virus originated. But I have to weigh that with two things. One, that Trump has proven himself to be very xenophobic and bigoted, and two, he's using that particular branding as a tool for what he believes to be in his own benefit and best interests for the reasons I previously stated. Words are extraordinarily powerful and need to be wielded very carefully, especially when coming out of the mouth of someone as powerful as the President of the USA, and even more so when there is so much hate, ignorance, and simple minded people that will feed into that and allow it to shape not just their thoughts, but potentially even their actions, as we've seen with some attacks on Asians and racist incidents in these last weeks. The bottom line is, we've got an election coming up, and he can't allow for even a single one of his supporters to start walking out of sync with him or questioning how he's handled this, so he needs to give them something else to latch onto and blame because that's what we do best, what we absolutely need to do, when things go bad.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b6f5b7c53d5c48

Trump hasn't proven that to me. Just because the left throws the race card at anything or anyone they don't like or can't understand, doesn't make it's so.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    34577 times
    Funny Zen, I don't hear one word about the Chinese spreading lies about US servicemen planting the virus. I don't hear you complaining about their hiding what they knew for a month at the beginning. I don't hear you complaining about their propaganda campaign against us. I guess them threatening to drown us in a sea of virus isn't worth bringing up, but calling something that came from China Chinese is racist. Sorry, doesn't hold water.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    4809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    Funny Zen, I don't hear one word about the Chinese spreading lies about US servicemen planting the virus. I don't hear you complaining about their hiding what they knew for a month at the beginning. I don't hear you complaining about their propaganda campaign against us. I guess them threatening to drown us in a sea of virus isn't worth bringing up, but calling something that came from China Chinese is racist. Sorry, doesn't hold water.
    I most certainly do take issue with China trying to brush their issue with this virus under the carpet and not give the world proper information on it until the genie was fully out of the bottle. As for them blaming the US, and threatening the US, hell no I don't like it, but if the timeline occurred like it might have with Trump starting his China finger pointing, I can certainly see them upping the stupid rhetoric. What we have is two kids on the corner calling one another names, not good for any of us right now. Trump could have his cake and eat it too here if he appeased the public by calling it Corvid, but then made a point to talk about how we need a multi national investigation on China in regards to the virus timeline and information release to find out what went wrong, and try to make sure nothing like this happens again. Imagine actually not displaying Xenophobic tendencies and yet still managing to paint China as the bad guy here?
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Member #
    Liked
    34577 times
    Trump could have his cake and eat it too here if he appeased the public by calling it Corvid,
    The TDS crowd would still find something to crow about.

Imagine actually not displaying Xenophobic tendencies and yet still managing to paint China as the bad guy here?
    I don't have to imagine. That's what our President is doing, but the MSM are too blinded by their Trumpophobic tendencies to see it.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links