Are you supportive or resistant to the racist and xenophobic claims about Covid-19? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Are you supportive or resistant to the racist and xenophobic claims about Covid-19?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23015 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    So what happened to the only guy in the room that seemed to know what the hell they were talking about?
    Umm, perhaps you logged out? You never answered my challenge to list all the examples of Trump displaying overt xenophobia and bigoted behavior . . ..

(post #26 in this thread)
    GhostHorse likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    4692 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Umm, perhaps you logged out? You never answered my challenge to list all the examples of Trump displaying overt xenophobia and bigoted behavior . . ..

(post #26 in this thread)
    Actually I was referring to Dr. Fauci, who just up and disappeared from these briefings (ironically enough, probably because he was pointing out and clearing up examples from the last challenge you gave me). Is anyone else a little concerned about that? My guess is for being too honest and undermining our dear leader. As for your "challenge", I'm tossing it in the same bin as the challenge you gave to me to recite when Trump hasn't been truthful in regards to this virus to the American public. I found it, well quite frankly ridiculous to even have to recite such things. You're either seeing it and realizing it, or not, and having me provide an itemized list to you isn't going to change that. I would provide links, quotes, examples, a bunch of people would come along and call it fake news, make fun of me for daring to post something that wasn't from a far right site, make excuses for him. It gets kinda tiring and right now I just don't have the stamina with everything else going on so I'll pass.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32450 times
    Let's cool down a mght, whacha say? It's gotten rather contentious. I'm real close to closing this thread.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 03-23-2020 at 08:53 PM.
    45 Forever and Car_Doc like this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    34181 times
    I found it, well quite frankly ridiculous to even have to recite such things. You're either seeing it and realizing it, or not
    ...it either fits your preconceptions, or it doesn't.

Trump says things intended to prevent panic, and the TDS crowd takes it far more literally than any rational person would, and ignores that he was making the point that, say, stopping flights from China was justified and beneficial.

Trump is neither xenophobic or bigoted, but the TDS crowd will never see the truth.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23015 times
    As to Dr Fauci, he is with the CDC, not a cabinet member and has his work cut out for him managing the administrative crisis of a clinical condition. And he is included in the ad that runs on TV which shows the various clinical folks who are working at various levels and jobs on the Covid-19 team. This includes VP Pence, Dr. Brix, Dr Fauci and the Surgeon General Dr Adams.

So, he hasn't gone anywhere except back to his job.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    6194 times
    Actually I was referring to Dr. Fauci, who just up and disappeared from these briefings (ironically enough, probably because he was pointing out and clearing up examples from the last challenge you gave me). Is anyone else a little concerned about that? My guess is for being too honest and undermining our dear leader. As for your "challenge", I'm tossing it in the same bin as the challenge you gave to me to recite when Trump hasn't been truthful in regards to this virus to the American public. I found it, well quite frankly ridiculous to even have to recite such things. You're either seeing it and realizing it, or not, and having me provide an itemized list to you isn't going to change that. I would provide links, quotes, examples, a bunch of people would come along and call it fake news, make fun of me for daring to post something that wasn't from a far right site, make excuses for him. It gets kinda tiring and right now I just don't have the stamina with everything else going on so I'll pass.
    "Proof is EVERYWHERE so I don't have to provide it!!"

Pretty weak, Ape.
    CaptainMorgan likes this.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    4692 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    "Proof is EVERYWHERE so I don't have to provide it!!"

Pretty weak, Ape.
    Right on que. And Native, no need to hit the panic button, cool as a cucumber here, just a little tired from cabin fever and watching the world go sideways.
    NativeTexan and Car_Doc like this.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32450 times
    Right on que. And Native, no need to hit the panic button, cool as a cucumber here, just a little tired from cabin fever and watching the world go sideways.
    Aren't we all? Well, I'm not really tired of being penned up, not here where they'd need a drone to see me on my property. I can go hunting, shooting, whatever just by stepping out the back door. And, our governor and Lt Governor aren't overly controlling, seem to appreciate liberty. My fatigue is caused by the cancer. It was really bad this afternoon. Trying to work on a truck, fell down twice exhausted, so I came inside an slept for 2 hours. Then I click on this thread.

Anyways, if only for MY health, you all can chill.
    Last edited by NativeTexan; 03-23-2020 at 09:55 PM.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    6194 times
    ... well?
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    3972 times
    In before the lockdown.

I don't think it's technically wrong to call it the Chinese coronavirus, because other viruses have been labeled by their origin. (ie West Nile virus, etc.)
    I don't however think it's helpful, would be better just to call it COVID-19 or shorten it to the coronavirus, rather than get people want to be politically correct riled up and sling charges of racism for no good reason.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links