Anyone Pursuing Fitness During the Lockdown?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Anyone Pursuing Fitness During the Lockdown?

Member #
    Liked
    2419 times

Anyone Pursuing Fitness During the Lockdown?

I only work a couple of days a week, and my wife is fully retired. We have a lot of time on our hands with everything closed, so we are getting in better shape. Walking several miles a day, playing with dumb bells, and today spent 30 minutes on Pilates (ouch.) Anyone else? What are you doing?
    kruizer, jonrjen and kozmo2k4 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    146 times
    Nope. Too tired after working all day.
    DeltaBravoKS likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    511 times
    Fitness pizza down my gullet....I left the Military in 1991 I kept up running fitness about another 12 years I missed a day in May of 2003 and what a relief it was to finally let go of that eh killing me now but I aint missing it
    Doc Holliday and GhostHorse like this.
    Taurus is as any other if I maintain Taurus My Taurus will take care of me

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    23668 times
    I just lifted my glass of rum and coke to my lips...........twice.
    Should be about 6 more times and I'll have to get a refill.
    I have the strongest left arm in the block. Or maybe this room.
    At my age I consider putting my socks on as exercise.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

Member #
    Liked
    2041 times
    There is a treadmill in the basement, somewhere, but I haven't seen it since 2009. I won't bet that it works, but I o have a Wallyworld "stairtepper" next t the gu-safe which gets a god birt of my spare calories twice a week.
    brojohn likes this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3406 times
    The gym my wife goes to just closed yesterday for a month. To misquote My Cousin Vinny, apparently the whole gym has the flu!

I'm still doing what little fitness I normally do, but as Doc said above, I'm pretty tuckered out after work. There's not much going on here other than reading (and watching TA.net).
    Doc Holliday likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    Pushups in the AM and latter in the day or evening I do curls, military press, squats and toe lifts with 70 pounds of barbell weights about every other day but not on Sunday. It only takes about 20 minutes.

Member #
    Liked
    3785 times
    I go walking at the mall. Yes it's still open and actually safer now with the new rules. The only reason the mall is technically open is it is allowed to stay open if there are businesses that have outside entrances. All the inside entrances to stores are closed, so those smaller businesses are also closed. This means that almost no one is actually inside the central area of the mall, even though they are allowed in. The stores were the kids go to hang out are the smaller indoor ones and they're closed. Last night I was the only person on the inside walking. The night before there was one other person walking, and about 200 yards away at least. I never touch any surfaces while at the mall. It's a thousand times safer to walk at the mall than Walmart, for example. Still, I try to walk outside when weather permits, mainly because it's less boring and I don't have to drive anywhere.
    Steyr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2419 times
    The mall option sounds great. I overdid it a bit yesterday, so I'm taking it easy today. Tomorrow I work at the gun store, so I'll be walking all day. I'm told business is up 700 percent or so. I doubt there's much ammo left.
    Steyr likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    28355 times
    My idea of exercise today will be cutting and installing ceiling joists and rafters on an addition I'm building. A couple of years ago I could barely walk with a cane due to nerve damage in my legs so ladders are not my friends. Going up and down the ladder carrying 2 X 8s is where I'll get my workout.
    Jake3501 and pegasus like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links