And so it begins - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: And so it begins

Member #
    Liked
    2427 times
    Was it a dark and stormy night too? I don't know where you're at, but around here things are relatively normal. We had a great shopping trip yesterday, we laid in about 3 weeks of supplies. Some stuff was gone, but not muck. Liquor agent (independent) heard a rumor about liquor stores might have to close, so he gave me a significant break on a case of bourbon. Worked the gun store, which was a madhouse, and did a booming business. We sold several dozen cases of 9mm and 556, selling out. (I don't care, I have a bunch.) Restaurants and bars are now closed, so we're cooking and getting in a lot of exercise. Two 45 minute walks a day, at least. It's all good.
    Czechbikr and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake3501 View Post
    So sorry for the folks needing Everclear to make their own super strength hand sanitizer. I always considered Kentucky Bourbon a very necessary addition to my Medical Supplies, particularly if aged for 12 years.
    When I was a kid my dad made our family's cough suppressant. Jack Daniels whiskey, bottle of honey, and melted peppermint sticks into the mixture over low heat. Had to stand there and continuously stir until the peppermint sticks were fully melted. He would bottle this into an old bottle with a cork stopper in the top. Taste? Well to a kid it burned like hell going down and tasted terrible. I can't begin to recall how I buried my face in a pillow to muffle sounds of cough to avoid having to be dosed. A few times I almost asphyxiated myself to keep that cough on the downlow. Nowadays, a nice 3 fingers of Maker's Mark or a single malt scotch gets the job done.

Why they would choose the alcoholic stores specifically to close makes little practical nor medical sense.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    2041 times
    S' funny - MY doc says a lot of medications don't play nice with alcohol. If you're on those meds, you have to make a choice.
    Almost 54 years since my last drink, but still . . .

Event hough alcohol might be in short supply, I'll bet that about December of 2020, the birth rate will begin to BOOM , thus bringing a brand new generation of consumers into being. "Quarantine" has that effect. Remember the blackouts in NYC a decade or so ago? Maternity facilities were SWAMPED!
    MadKaw and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you pretend to be.
    ....................Kurt Vonnegut, in "Mother Night"

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. . . . . . . . . . . . .. — Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post
    S' funny - MY doc says a lot of medications don't play nice with alcohol. If you're on those meds, you have to make a choice.

Event hough alcohol might be in short supply, I'll bet that about December of 2020, the birth rate will begin to BOOM , thus bringing a brand new generation of consumers into being. "Quarantine" has that effect. Remember the blackouts in NYC a decade or so ago? Maternity facilities were SWAMPED!
    Otter say nuh-unh.
    Flash60601 likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    4413 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    When I was a kid my dad made our family's cough suppressant. Jack Daniels whiskey, bottle of honey, and melted peppermint sticks into the mixture over low heat. Had to stand there and continuously stir until the peppermint sticks were fully melted. He would bottle this into an old bottle with a cork stopper in the top. Taste? Well to a kid it burned like hell going down and tasted terrible. I can't begin to recall how I buried my face in a pillow to muffle sounds of cough to avoid having to be dosed. A few times I almost asphyxiated myself to keep that cough on the downlow. Nowadays, a nice 3 fingers of Maker's Mark or a single malt scotch gets the job done.

Why they would choose the alcoholic stores specifically to close makes little practical nor medical sense.
    My grandfather used to make a cough syrup that he kept under the kitchen sink in an old glass milk bottle. It was an old native (Cherokee) recipe that was handed down to him by his grandmother. He was a chef, a somewhat famous one way back when, and he was not the type to share his recipes or even allow people in the kitchen when he was cooking. Which is a damn shame mind you, because when he went, so did his recipes and I can't even begin to describe humanities loss there. While I don't know everything that went into that syrup or exactly how it was made, I do know it was mostly boiled down onions mixed with honey. I can still remember the taste. Not something you'd ever want a spoonful of just because, but it wasn't unpleasant either. It did the trick though, stuff was like magic honestly. Truly wish I could go back and learn from the man.
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    4413 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash60601 View Post

Yeah we'll be calling the next generation "Coronials".
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

Member #
    Liked
    35171 times
    I stopped at the local Agway this morning to pick up some black oil sunflower seed for the critters I feed at work. Normally I'm the only one there that early but today, the place was packed. I was just picking up one 50# bag, usually lasts me 2-3 weeks. Everyone else was there for the same thing but they were all hoarding it, getting 6-10 bags each.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Peolpe are panicking, let's be calm as much possible and help one another. Be kind to each other.
    Zen Ape, 230JHP and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3791 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    Agatha tells me this morning that she heard on the news that "they" (whoever that is?) is recommending those 70 yo and above to prepare to stay home for next 4 months!

I looked over the news on my puter both local and national- I did not find such statement.

Anyone else hear anything like this???..............

I'm beginning to think she may have got that from FaceBook?

I haven't heard 4 months but I hope that's not true. I don't know if I've got enough basic supplies to stay in my Bomb shelter home for that long.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links