Some gun store observations this weekend
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Some gun store observations this weekend

Member #
    Liked
    3270 times

Some gun store observations this weekend

I was at two Fin Feather Fur stores today and 1 Rural King. The gun counter at all three were two and at brief times 3 deep. Both Canton and Ashland have beat their total Christmas sales. Defensive ammo was in short supply, but hunting ammo was fine as well as .22LR and .22 Mag. 12 gauge slugs and buckshot was mostly depleted. 20 gauge was wiped out. Mostly I suspect because of a lower stocking numbers. Also, while there were fewer sale items, AR's and Shotguns, and defensive handguns were selling great. High Point carbines seemed to be selling as well.

At least Fin and RK were not gouging on prices. All I needed was a couple of boxes of 20 gauge #4 shot for some vermin eradication this week. There was plenty of that on hand.

While a friend was waiting to be waited on, I listened in on a lot of conversations. People were worried on everything from Martial Law, to looting, and an increase of thieving. My fellow rednecks and hilljacks were worried all the good turkey loads would be sold out as well as plinking ammo. They were assured when they found ample stock at the Fin, but found our local RK, SUCKED on inventory of hunting ammo.

I have to say, this is unusual for my area of Ohio. I can see this in areas of dangerous storms like along the coast and tornado alley, just not common around me. For us, a blizzard is a snow day and we've not had one in many years. The last one we had, I was out playing on a Honda XL 350. I've not owned one of them since the 90's.

Of course watching my 401k drop about $80,000 in value has me concerned. It's become a buyers market and no funds to spare!

In the best of times, people make money!

In the worst of times, people make money!

Maloy
    shaner, darbo, Divebum and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    19935 times
    Sad part is that we haven't reached the point of being a buyer market yet!! I don't think that we have seen the worst of it.

I can only think of one thing that could make it seriously more negative at this point, and truly pray that it doesn't come to be.

Member #
    Liked
    19935 times
    I had also heard that a few local stores were experiencing a run on ammunition today. I guess the hording has gone from TP to Ammo.
    shaner and olfarhors like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    327 times
    Can not protect yourself with TP but hard to wipe with ammo.
    Shut up and reload!

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    You guys have it all wrong....

You need to guns and ammo to protect the TP!
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23022 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
    Can not protect yourself with TP but hard to wipe with ammo.
    So, arrow fletching . .. never mind
    olfarhors likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    9430 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    I was at two Fin Feather Fur stores today and 1 Rural King. The gun counter at all three were two and at brief times 3 deep. Both Canton and Ashland have beat their total Christmas sales. Defensive ammo was in short supply, but hunting ammo was fine as well as .22LR and .22 Mag. 12 gauge slugs and buckshot was mostly depleted. 20 gauge was wiped out. Mostly I suspect because of a lower stocking numbers. Also, while there were fewer sale items, AR's and Shotguns, and defensive handguns were selling great. High Point carbines seemed to be selling as well.

At least Fin and RK were not gouging on prices. All I needed was a couple of boxes of 20 gauge #4 shot for some vermin eradication this week. There was plenty of that on hand.

While a friend was waiting to be waited on, I listened in on a lot of conversations. People were worried on everything from Martial Law, to looting, and an increase of thieving. My fellow rednecks and hilljacks were worried all the good turkey loads would be sold out as well as plinking ammo. They were assured when they found ample stock at the Fin, but found our local RK, SUCKED on inventory of hunting ammo.

I have to say, this is unusual for my area of Ohio. I can see this in areas of dangerous storms like along the coast and tornado alley, just not common around me. For us, a blizzard is a snow day and we've not had one in many years. The last one we had, I was out playing on a Honda XL 350. I've not owned one of them since the 90's.

Of course watching my 401k drop about $80,000 in value has me concerned. It's become a buyers market and no funds to spare!

In the best of times, people make money!

In the worst of times, people make money!

Maloy
    Stopped in at the Fin in Rossford a couple of days ago. Didn't really need much, but did buy a couple of boxes of 30-06. There are two places in my area I buy gun related stuff - Fin and a local place - Smoothbore Sporting Goods in Pemberville. Both do a fantastic job of supporting our 4-H program both locally and Fin on a state level. Fin supplies at cost two pallets of clays every year for the Sr. Shooting Ed camp at Canters Cave in Jackson. That almost 90,000 clay targets. They also supply some ammo and other targets. When you walk into the store, check the gun case area in the back. You'll see a 4-H logo on the wall. My local guy, Smoothbore, also supports my local program. And I believe in supporting those who support my kids. Bass Pro, on the other hand, in my area, does nothing.

Sorry to jack your post. But I do love the Fin and Smoothbore.
    oso and tobywan45 like this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

oso
    Member #
    Liked
    1826 times
    Fin Feather Fur is good, their pricing on powder, primers is very good, I can't buy online for the price they sell at. Their firearm prices are pretty good as well. I also like to support the LGS

Member #
    Liked
    3486 times
    I dropped into the Rural King while I was waiting for my Chinese takeout to get ready. I was going to snag a case of 9mm.....

......and wound up walking out with a Glock 22.

I'm not sure how that happened.

But, my Shrimp lo-mein was exellent.
    trooperc7 and TrucksNCoffee like this.
    If you're blue and you don't know where to go to, why don't you go where fashion sits......PUTIN ON A RITZ!!!

Member #
    Liked
    12161 times
    Updates from my local LGS. He has 3X customers today, buying guns and ammo. He is about out of ammo. he cked midsouth his biggest dist, and they are out of 9mm.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links