Some gun store observations this weekend - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Some gun store observations this weekend

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    I've seen gun prices raise online in the last week. There are a couple of firearms I've been watching on Bud's Guns, and so I've become aware of their category's prices and availability. Like I've been watching Taurus 66 stainless 4", so I'm aware of their prices on Taurus 357's. In the last week, the low prices have raised a bit, maybe 5% depending on model, and many have sold out or moved to Team Buds members only due to low numbers.

I've noticed that a couple of the online ammo sites have also raised their prices 5-10%. People don't seem to mind as everyone's saying they have longer shipping times right now.

The weekend from last I went by Sportsman's Warehouse and there were a lot of people milling about the store, but nobody really buying anything. This weekend I was going to go to Sportsman's, but their lot was full. Never saw it like that before, not even holiday shopping. I can only imagine what people were stocking up on. Maybe all the looky-loo's from last weekend finally got scared enough to pull the trigger.

Regardless, I'm okay and I hope you all are too. If anything, I take this as another example of what we can expect during a larger national emergency like a widespread disaster.
    pegasus likes this.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Member #
    Liked
    28099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DWARREN123 View Post
    Can not protect yourself with TP but hard to wipe with ammo.
    Not IF you shoot mans calibers it ain't!
    its those that use them puny lil 380, 9 MM that have problems with that!
    Just put a new box of 12 gauge and 45 acp in the guest bathroom this morning!
    Divebum likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    67 times
    Now I don't feel so silly about all those bricks of 22 I grabbed here and there.
    gyro_cfi and pegasus like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    560 times

Every parking spot at my local gun store was taken.

Crowds in the store. Pistol display cases prit near empty and defensive long guns down to a few shotguns. I guess all these anti-gunners had a change of heart, huh? Oh, and I'm guessing a sizable number of these new owners have never pulled a trigger before. As Sargent Phil Esterhaus reminded us, "Let's be careful out there."

Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    A buddy has offered me his reloading stuff. All I have to do is drive to Albuquerque and pick it up. 500 miles 13 miles per gallon. So my bro is driving by my buddies house and picking up all but the powder and sending it to me for free! I almost told my buddy no, it would cost too much.
    Czechbikr and loudviking like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3269 times
    I have about 8 months of TP I bought 4 months ago. 20ga ammo other than plain bird shot is where I'm low. Lots of SPAM and Hormel Corn Beef Hash.

Maloy
    pegasus likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    I stocked up on ammo about three months ago, Thanks Wal-Mart..
    Picked up a few extra guns so everyone who lives here has at least one that they can use, That's why I bought the Taurus revolver a few weeks ago, My wife can easily work it where my Glocks & M&P Shield require too much strength to operate the slide..
    I know that the little snubby would be like her shooting a cannon but that's what we have for now.. Really need to score a set of rubber grips for the M85 before I let her shoot it..

Today I went by my favorite gun store & they had a sign on the door that said only five people allowed at a time, There where at least twenty people in there & five people standing in line to pay & two PCs giving 4473s & the rest wondering if they should jump on what was left in stock or wait?? Which wasn't much.. The ole lonely Llamma 9mm was there for $369 WHAT? They had two Glocks 20 & 21..
    All the AR-15s where gone only 12 gauge shotguns & very little to no ammo.. They also had one AK pistol left.. A couple overpriced Colt revolvers & that was about it.. Of course they had hundreds of holsters..

Be careful out there.. Today I noticed everyone on edge, folk behind me honking their horns etc., It seamed to me like everyone wanted some.. GET SOME!!

Member #
    Liked
    3973 times
    All the people buying guns and ammo simply for the reason of Coronavirus and thinking they will actually need to shoot someone because of it are going to feel foolish when all of this blows over in a month without any violence as a result. At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway. Not confident enough to be willing to bet any money on it at this point.

Member #
    Liked
    28099 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    All the people buying guns and ammo simply for the reason of Coronavirus and thinking they will actually need to shoot someone because of it are going to feel foolish when all of this blows over in a month without any violence as a result. At least that's what I'm hoping for anyway. Not confident enough to be willing to bet any money on it at this point.

I am loading up to protect my Toilet Paper!!!
    emptied out one of my safes of guns and made it into a Toilet Paper safe!
    Me and the attack dawg are ready for them!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.

Member #
    Liked
    28099 times
    MY biggest concern is just how long is it going to take the Gang Bangers/ evil doers to relaioze not many out and about easy targets to car jack, rob from and start thinking about more home invasions!
    they aren't going to go without for very long I am sure!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links