If Coronavirus Had Been Dubbed "Super Flu" Would The World Have Panicked? - Page 32
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Like Tree643Likes

Thread: If Coronavirus Had Been Dubbed "Super Flu" Would The World Have Panicked?

Member #
    Liked
    4995 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Orlando instituted a curfew from I think 11 PM to 5 AM. How exactly is a curfew going to slow the spread of this virus?
    Politicians under the best of circumstances have to appease their voters by at least looking like they're doing something. The people panic, look to their elected officials and scream "What are you going to do about it"? The multitude of answers to that question have given us all sorts of screwy non sensical laws (about half of gun laws for example).
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"My Administration is running like a well oiled machine." - The Donald

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge" - Stephen Hawking

Member #
    Liked
    36734 times
    TrucksNCoffee and kozmo2k4 like this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    29750 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishinkeylargo View Post
    Orlando instituted a curfew from I think 11 PM to 5 AM. How exactly is a curfew going to slow the spread of this virus?
    They only come out at night?
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36118 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHorse View Post
    I check Italy's mortality rate once or twice a day. Several days ago, it was at 6.8%. Just now, it's at 8.6%. Friends, that's not good. Germany's is still very low, and so is France. Spain is at 5%. We're at 1.3%. I hope the measures we're taking now keep us from climbing much higher.
    There's reason to be concerned. The worldwide death total from this virus is fast approaching that of the daily total from gang violence in Chicago.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    32782 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Anyone here watch the movie "War of the Worlds" (2006)? In the movie mankind was pretty much overwhelmed by the technology and number of alien invaders. Anyone remember the Achilles heel that eventually toppled the alien invaders so that mankind won in the end? I hate spoilers but if you haven't seen that movie yet - give it a look see.

germs! The aliens had no exposure to earth pathogens and were wiped out rather quickly by the germs.
    Read the novel by HG Wells, much better than the movie I saw made in the 50s where they tried dropping an A bomb on the aliens.
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Ape View Post
    Politicians under the best of circumstances have to appease their voters by at least looking like they're doing something. The people panic, look to their elected officials and scream "What are you going to do about it"? The multitude of answers to that question have given us all sorts of screwy non sensical laws (about half of gun laws for example).
    Good point. Look at how many people complain about a "do nothing Congress". We hear that people send representatives to Congress to "do something". In general, we'd be much better off if Congress actually did nothing.
    GhostHorse and Flash60601 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    277 times
    SICK SICK SICK

Stopped at Circle K for some coffee, asked the young girl behind the counter about getting some lottery tickets, she wiped her nose with her hand not once, but twice...I told her to forget the lottery tickets, I just paid by credit card at the machine and left. Disgusting.

THIS is what we are up against. You can close down America for months, but if people don't care, it can't be stopped. The 'slob' factor of humanity.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8623 times
    Wait till all the spring breakers come back, this could get really ugly.

I have to say Williamson county was where patient zero for Tennessee was we had about 11 people come down with it.

But as soon as they found out they closed the entire school system!
    Now Davidson county Nashville has over 100 and our first death.

Middle Tennessee has a lot of Colleges so we wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Member #
    Liked
    34948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    SICK SICK SICK

Stopped at Circle K for some coffee, asked the young girl behind the counter about getting some lottery tickets, she wiped her nose with her hand not once, but twice...I told her to forget the lottery tickets, I just paid by credit card at the machine and left. Disgusting.

THIS is what we are up against. You can close down America for months, but if people don't care, it can't be stopped. The 'slob' factor of humanity.
    Good lord almighty. Herd immunity will eventually protect even her and those around her, but my gosh, act like you're aware of the world around you!
    WoodyUSSLUCE likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    24007 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever View Post
    Hey just heard this on our local talk radio. They are catching teenagers are walking through grocery stores and caughing on produce and licking other products! They are filming themselves and posting it on social media!

I swear if I caught anyone doing this there would be a big call for a clean up in produce!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    You DO know that these will be the elected leaders of our country in another 30 -40 years, right? As you mentioned, I do frequently walk with a cane which can inflict quite a bit of pain if I were to "lose my footing".
    45 Forever and WoodyUSSLUCE like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links