VersaCarry review
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: VersaCarry review

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times

Thumbs up VersaCarry review

As spring is upon on us Minnesotans, and we give up the big bulky jacket(s), I renewed my search for an IWB holster for my Bersa and my PT111. Pocket carry is fine for the winter, but for the spring/fall I prefer something a little more concealable and something that I can wear all day without feeling too uncomfortable.

So, I started reading reviews and looking at holsters (on the internet, where else?) I came across the Versacarry. It is not really a holster but more of a "concealment system", according to their website. After reading some rave reviews, I decided to get one and try it out for myself. I had a eBay coupon/bucks cert - so that knocked my price down a bit - and I ordered one through the official Versacarry eBay store/seller. Item was delivered quickly.

Packaging is quite simple; and instructions are easy to follow.
    Name:  DSCN2098 (Medium).JPG
Views: 830
Size:  85.2 KBName:  DSCN2099 (Medium).JPG
Views: 504
Size:  70.3 KBName:  DSCN2100 (Medium).JPG
Views: 534
Size:  106.5 KBPhone not included! (Picture shows the relative size).

Trigger-guard is optional and you can use the other supplied pieces if you don't want the trigger-guard.

For those of you not in the know, the way this works is that the kydex piece slips into the barrel. This can be a bit of a task at first, and it took some coaxing to get the plastic/retention piece into the barrel. Once this is done, you slip the whole thing inside the waistband, and the clip fits over the belt. One of those things that makes you go “Why did I not think of this!!?” . The kydex is really tough and does take a lot to clip it over the belt. Might help if your pants are size larger

Name:  DSCN2103 (Medium).JPG
Views: 532
Size:  74.2 KBName:  DSCN2102 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1399
Size:  108.2 KB
    That’s what it looks like installed.... (contd).
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times
    So, with this I carried around for the last couple days. Very comfortable. Took it along on our evening walk and it’s more comfy than my other IWB holster. Did the Wally Walk (again!) this afternoon. No problem. The pistol stayed in place all the time. Minnesota is an open carry state; so I am not too concealed about printing or showing - but was still not a problem. Another thing to keep in mind is that this was not designed to be re-holstered (easily) once you draw your firearm. Chances are if you draw your firearm to do some social work - re-holstering is going to be the last thing you worry about. If you do draw and have to re-holster, the entire retention system has to come out and then repeat the install of the gun on the Versacarry. Could be a drawback for some. Here's a few of me (the wife was kind enough to take a few pics!).

Name:  DSCN2104 (Medium).JPG
Views: 627
Size:  62.4 KBName:  DSCN2105 (Medium).JPG
Views: 598
Size:  58.8 KBName:  DSCN2106 (Medium).JPG
Views: 846
Size:  58.7 KB

I did practice my draw last night and this evening, and was pretty impressed!

Versacarry does not recommend carrying with one in the pipe or for guns without an external safety. However, with the Bersa’s external safety and DA trigger pull - I was not too concerned. Also, the trigger guard does help in that aspect.

Am in for another one for my PT111 (when it comes back from the factory).

Best part - these are made here in the USA! Get one - www.versacarry.com - you will love it! (Mods feel free to tear down the link if deemed a violation of TOS)

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Versacarry in anyway, shape or form.
    Last edited by shiftace; 03-07-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    aphdmansoc likes this.
    A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul - G.B. Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftace View Post
    So, with this I carried around for the last couple days. Very comfortable. Took it along on our evening walk and it’s more comfy than my other IWB holster. Did the Wally Walk (again!) this afternoon. No problem. The pistol stayed in place all the time. Minnesota is an open carry state; so I am not too concealed about printing or showing - but was still not a problem. Another thing to keep in mind is that this was not designed to be re-holstered (easily) once you draw your firearm. Chances are if you draw your firearm to do some social work - re-holstering is going to be the last thing you worry about. If you do draw and have to re-holster, the entire retention system has to come out and then repeat the install of the gun on the Versacarry. Could be a drawback for some. Here's a few of me (the wife was kind enough to take a few pics!).

Attachment 50225Attachment 50226Attachment 50227

I did practice my draw last night and this evening, and was pretty impressed!

Versacarry does not recommend carrying with one in the pipe or for guns without an external safety. However, with the Bersa’s external safety and DA trigger pull - I was not too concerned. Also, the trigger guard does help in that aspect.

Am in for another one for my PT111 (when it comes back from the factory).

Best part - these are made here in the USA! Get one - www.versacarry.com - you will love it! (Mods feel free to tear down the link if deemed a violation of TOS)

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Versacarry in anyway, shape or form.
    I couldn't get your attachments to open.
    Proud owner of a PT145 since 2008.
    And a PT145SS since 1/2013.

"Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, Flight 93, 9/11/2001.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times

Re: VersaCarry review

Too many attachments I guess!! Try hitting F5. That seemed to fix for me. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7

ice
    Member #
    Liked
    1211 times
    Yep, can't see the pics Shiftace

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    Too many attachments I guess!! Try hitting F5. That seemed to fix for me. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7
    No bien.

Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    I had high hopes for this "holster" when I got it. There are times when it is handy but I have two beefs. The first is that the clip for the belt is so stiff that when I remove it, I can barely get it off the belt. The second is that there is a "naked" feeling with a sharp edged gun pressing against my body. I still plan to keep it and use it, but I keep going back to my Remora with the reinforced top. Most versatile holster I own.

On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 6.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    7964 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mawguy View Post
    I had high hopes for this "holster" when I got it. There are times when it is handy but I have two beefs. The first is that the clip for the belt is so stiff that when I remove it, I can barely get it off the belt. The second is that there is a "naked" feeling with a sharp edged gun pressing against my body. I still plan to keep it and use it, but I keep going back to my Remora with the reinforced top. Most versatile holster I own.

On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 6.
    I thought that the gun pressing against the body, might cause some issues for me. I almost always have a t-shirt on, with a shirt/hoodie over. So, that did not make much of a difference for my winter/fall/spring carry. Summer carry - not sure what I am going to get as far as pistol goes- will definitely not get the VersaCarry and will more than likely be a pocket/IWB of some kind.

And to the pic guys: I deleted and uploaded the pics again. Hopefully, that fixes it.

Member #
    Liked
    3787 times
    I thought that the gun pressing against the body, might cause some issues for me. I almost always have a t-shirt on, with a shirt/hoodie over. So, that did not make much of a difference for my winter/fall/spring carry. Summer carry - not sure what I am going to get as far as pistol goes- will definitely not get the VersaCarry and will more than likely be a pocket/IWB of some kind.

And to the pic guys: I deleted and uploaded the pics again. Hopefully, that fixes it.
    All fixed!

Member #
    Liked
    4010 times
    Although I don't own the Versacarry I was impressed with the creativity of building a system based mainly on the diameter of the caliber of the handgun rather than on the profile of the gun. As they described it, this permits you to use the same "holster" with similar caliber weapons - that would save a few bucks!

There are some demos of the Versacarry on youtube by the manufacturer and by reviewers.
    You can get a lot with a smile but you can get a lot more with a smile and a gun...Al Capone

Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

On different calibers for self-defense: If you can hit what you aim at it doesn't matter...if you can't it doesn't matter. So, it doesn't matter...aphdmansoc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links