Doc's Office ... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Doc's Office ...

Quote Originally Posted by tman
    Michael,
    I didn't mean to imply that we should violate the law. I was merely commenting that we tend to worry too much about what the other person might think. What they think is ultimately not my problem but rather theirs and theirs alone.

In some respects it would be like wearing a fur coat and then worrying about what the PETA people think.

tman
    I didn't think you meant to encourage violation of law, and yes, I agree, if they don't like non-LEOs being armed, that is ultimately, their problem.
    That's a great analogy, using the fur and PETA comparison, except that the fur coat is not going to save any lives or protect any property, hidden or exposed. I don't want anyone knowing even that I carry, much less where.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you."

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

had a close one today. i had to do a routine drug test(pee in a cup), i was feeling to lazy to dig the lock box out from behind the seat, so i carried in. i was just covering w/ a lose jacket, and my shirt was tucked in w/ iwb outside it. they asked me to take off the jacket, the quick untucking of the shirt made it super apparent i had something to hide, so i then had to turn my pockets inside out etc. luckily after a breif stare down things continued on normally. i was doing my best to come up w/ a way to respectfully put the man at ease, but failed to find one. i wonder how the laws/rules apply to a situation like that.
    God loves you........... yep even on them days

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

If the office/clinic isn't posted (or your state laws proscribe medical facilities) it shouldn't have mattered. But if it was, the penalties vary by state. Here in Mn its only a misdemeaner.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

oh i understand all that, no postings that made it illegal, but concealed is concealed, and cuyahoga county is very anti gun, it would of all sorted itself out, but even unintentional brandishing (what we call an oop's) has been pretty rough on some people in that county, and in medical facilities especially in this area, they have all seen the wrong end of how guns get used.

a government or state run facility is no guns, but a private practice like this one needs to be posted to be no guns.
    God loves you........... yep even on them days

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

They must have thought you were going to try and screw with the test...

tman
    Proud, Service-Oriented, Rural LEO, or BADGED COWBOY

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

In Georgia, ANY GOVERNMENT BUILDING, any place with on premisses drinking, public meetings, political gatherings, the CCW is null and void. However, after over 25 years of having a CCW License, always going in for a fingerprint, pay my bucks and walk out with another 5 year license, the State has stopped renewals. Naturally, no one had been informed, so when I went in for a renewal, learned I had to go through the entire GBI Investigation, (and pay extra for that), BUT what is worse, with all of the "renewals" having to go thrugh the entire process, the GBI is overworked, and delays are from 4 to 6 months. Boy, talk about feeling naked! ! !

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well, since I am retired military, I am unable to carry onto a Military Post, let alone the Dr's office. To be honest, I would not carry during a medical appointment where clothes come off anyway.
    Change the way you look at things and the things you look at begin to change.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31461 times

I have pulled the gun, locked in the trunk of my Wing, and lifted my shirt there was an empty holster. He said nothing. He's from Columbia, so he's probably used to automatic weapons fire daily in the streets. ROFL!
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links