Feel SO stupid - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Feel SO stupid

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Thanks for sharing, it's a good heads up for all of us. Also, it's a good testament to your sidearm that it stayed in its condition and didn't fire. It reminded me of an incident that happened here locally not that long ago. Gun Owner Not Charged in Accidental Wentzville Church Shooting - Wentzville, MO Patch

What were you carrying if you don't mind that I ask?

Member #
    Liked
    36199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSkiff View Post
    I've never dropped one, thank goodness, but I have had a couple ride up in the holster. When that happened, those holsters went into the box and a better holster was purchased to avoid that happening again. I have had a shirttail ride up or get tucked in a bit to show the outline or part of the holster. That happened once at the grocery store and a woman asked me in a slightly loud voice "Is that a gun?" I replied "I'm sorry you saw that, it's my colostomy bag." That woman apologized half a dozen times as she took off down the aisle. I was just being a smart ass at the time, but after seeing the reaction I got from her I've used that line a couple of times since. It works every time. It seems that if you're wearing a gun, little goodie two shoes is going to tell everyone within earshot and try and make you look bad. But if you correct them and tell them it's a colostomy bag they become mortified at their own behavior. I find it amusing and effective.
    I too have used the line. Great minds...
    I even used it once when I was open carrying and some woman asked the question. I doubt she believed me, but the look of confusion on her face was priceless.
    btleslie likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Member #
    Liked
    1211 times
    I carry a Taurus PT809C

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    955 times
    Yep, went to take a dump at of-all-places WallyWorld had a loose holster and when I droped my drawers guess what fell to the floor. Good thing I was sitting down on the stool because otherwise my shorts would have been dirty. I left the store right away after that happened embarassed as all get out.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." ~~ George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Quote Originally Posted by btleslie View Post

And since I know one of you will go there. Yes I check for skid marks first.
    Rofl.....
    btleslie likes this.
    Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians

Devin

Member #
    Liked
    483 times
    When I was carrying my TCP on a daily basis right after getting my CCW, I used a cheap IWB holster. The plastic clip seemed to constantly need adjusting/pushing back onto my belt. I came VERY close to dropping it a couple times, and I remember that one of the times was when I was exiting a vehicle. Thankfully, both times I noticed that it felt different when the clip came completely free from my belt. I was fortunately able to push it back into place before anything embarrassing occurred, but it really made me rethink my holster selection. Now, my daily carry gun rides in a quality Theis IWB holster with great retention.

Thanks for sharing.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21160 times
    Oh hell yes! I've been totin a handgun for over 40 years now and there are a few times where I have had one drop on the ground and a couple of times even in public.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I only just started to carry since I got my CHL about 2 weeks ago, so fortunately I have never had this particular privilege. I have purchased two different holsters. The first was a Blackhawk Ambi IWB canvas, and the one I wear now is an Old Faithful. I tried an Uncle Mikes and didn't like it. I don't think I'll have that problem with my Old Faithful. Very good retention.
    2012 Ruger SR9c Bi-Tone
    2012 Taurus Poly Protector .357 Mag.
    2012 Custom CMMG AR-15

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links