Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Holster Question - Belt Clip on IWB Holsters

Member #
    Liked
    13217 times

Post Holster Question - Belt Clip on IWB Holsters

Holster question:

I have several tuckable inside the waistband (IWB) holsters of various makes and models for a variety of handguns.

Some have one or two belt clips that go OVER the belt and hook back underneath the belt, with the belt clip visible over the belt. (My High Noon and Kholsters are of this variety).

Hook OVER the belt:

Name:  Reverse_J_Hook.jpg
Views: 2418
Size:  16.5 KB
    Name:  Reverse_J_Hook_Closed.jpg
Views: 1816
Size:  15.0 KB

I know that I can hide or camouflage this type of hook with keys or a cell phone case, but this is not what I am looking for:

Name:  Keys_On_J_Hook_2.jpg
Views: 12152
Size:  53.5 KB

Some, such as the DeSantis Tuck This II have a belt clip that goes behind the belt (over the pants waist), and has a small "J" hook that comes up under the bottom edge of the belt in order to fasten the holster. This conceals the belt clip, but has some stability issues.

DeSantis Tuck This II holster with "J" type clip over the pants waist and behind the belt:

Name:  opplanet-desantis-right-hand-black-tuck-this-ii-m24ba77z0.jpg
Views: 2760
Size:  5.4 KB

Common "J" Hook:

Name:  J_Hook.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  4.2 KB

What I am looking for is either a replacement belt clip or an entire tuckable IWB that has more of a "C" type belt clip that combines the best features of both types. I would like a belt clip that goes behind the belt and has the small "J" to catch under the bottom edge of the belt (like the DeSantis holsters) AND also has a similar "J" at the TOP edge of the belt, making the belt clip more of a "C" shape with the belt fitting between the top and bottom of the "C", with the body of the "C" behind the belt.

I wear 1.75" wide black leather belts, and am looking for something more stable than the DeSantis "J" belt clips, but more concealable from the other belt clips that go over the belt. Ideally, the "C" type belt clip should snugly fit a 1.75" wide belt.

Please let me know if you are aware of any replacement belt clips or entire IWB holsters that may have this "C" type belt clip.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Member #
    Liked
    29996 times
    Check out "Uncle Mike's" IWB holsters on line.

They have what you are looking for at a reasonable price.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    if you're worried about the clips you should consider the remora. Its a clipless IWB holster. its made of material that sticks to your clothing and it actually quite stable without a clip. I know you were looking for the specific clips, but just another option to consider.
    Blueridgerunner likes this.
    PT1911 Duo-tone
    PT 24/7 Pro C DS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    13217 times
    Thanks!

I found the Galco King Tuk has optional "C" hooks, but the "C" hooks only fit belts up to 1.25" wide, and I need a 1.75" "C" hook.

Name:  C-Clips-O-L.jpg
Views: 4117
Size:  6.3 KB

W ill check out the Uncle Mikes and the Remora.

Thank you for your assistance!

T.D.

Member #
    Liked
    13217 times
    I just purchased 2 of the REMORA clip-less holsters, one of which is for my Taurus 709. I bought one of the #4 holsters, and another #4P with the integral extra magazine pouch. I added the optional "FS (Full Sweat Shield)" to both, since I am on the Gulf coast with lots of heat, humidity, and perspiration. They are especially interesting in that they can also be used as a pocket holster, not requiring a separate pocket holster.

I watch some of the REMORA reviews on YouTube and they were very positive, as well as the published reviews. The reviews on AMAZON give it 4 1/2 stars.
    Remora Holster Reviews
    Average Joe's Handgun Reviews: Remora Holsters***Updated***

Remora Review on "The Truth About Guns" (one of my favorite firearms blogs!)
    Gear Review: Remora

They were very reasonably priced ($25 each), plus $10 for the optional Full Sweat Shield modification.

For any other law enforcement personnel on this forum, REMORA gives a substantial law enforcement discount; click on the "LAW ENFORCEMENT" link at the top of the page. I emailed REMORA my information, and they promptly gave me a username and password to access the law enforcement section of the website.

I will post here how the Remora clipless IWB work after I have had a chance to try them for a while.

REMORA CLIPLESS IWB HOLSTERS
    Remora Holsters Store

Remora Holster Fit Chart by Handgun Model:
    http://remoraholsters.com/uploads/Fi...Gun_Type-r.pdf

Sweat Shield Option:
    Remora Holsters Sweat Shield Modification

Detailed list of holster types and sizes:
    http://www.remoraholsters.com/upload...EFERENCE-r.pdf

I am still looking for some other "C" clip tuckable IWB holsters; the Galco King Tut, with the optional "C" clip does not fit any of the pistols that I carry tucked.

Texas Deputy
    hatchet19 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    I have one of the Uncle Mikes IWB holsters (non tuckable) and it is actually really nice, and I really like it a lot. It has a nice clip that can be used over or under the belt (i'm assuming?) and it is black to blend in with your belt. Here are a couple pictures of the clip. Its size 12 for you pt709 guys.

Last edited by LBarton; 12-18-2011 at 08:37 AM.
    Pt 709
    S&W M66 .357
    Jennings J22

Rem 788 .243

Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDeputy View Post
    I just purchased 2 of the REMORA clip-less holsters, one of which is for my Taurus 709. I bought one of the #4 holsters, and another #4P with the integral extra magazine pouch. I added the optional "FS (Full Sweat Shield)" to both, since I am on the Gulf coast with lots of heat, humidity, and perspiration. They are especially interesting in that they can also be used as a pocket holster, not requiring a separate pocket holster.

I watch some of the REMORA reviews on YouTube and they were very positive, as well as the published reviews. The reviews on AMAZON give it 4 1/2 stars.
    Remora Holster Reviews
    Average Joe's Handgun Reviews: Remora Holsters***Updated***

Remora Review on "The Truth About Guns" (one of my favorite firearms blogs!)
    Gear Review: Remora

They were very reasonably priced ($25 each), plus $10 for the optional Full Sweat Shield modification.

For any other law enforcement personnel on this forum, REMORA gives a substantial law enforcement discount; click on the "LAW ENFORCEMENT" link at the top of the page. I emailed REMORA my information, and they promptly gave me a username and password to access the law enforcement section of the website.

I will post here how the Remora clipless IWB work after I have had a chance to try them for a while.

REMORA CLIPLESS IWB HOLSTERS
    Remora Holsters Store

Remora Holster Fit Chart by Handgun Model:
    http://remoraholsters.com/uploads/Fi...Gun_Type-r.pdf

Sweat Shield Option:
    Remora Holsters Sweat Shield Modification

Detailed list of holster types and sizes:
    http://www.remoraholsters.com/upload...EFERENCE-r.pdf

I am still looking for some other "C" clip tuckable IWB holsters; the Galco King Tut, with the optional "C" clip does not fit any of the pistols that I carry tucked.

Texas Deputy
    Hey TD,

I've been looking at the Remora’s for a while now. I've read the reviews but just have to ask someone who actually owns one...Are they really as sticky as they claim??? Do they really stay in place as well as some of the reviews claim???

hatchet
    " I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    Toby Keith

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've been using a remora for a while now. They really do stay in place very well. They will move a little bit, but only as much as your clothing moves because that is what is holding it in place. They are extremely versatile too because you can use the same holster strong side, small of the back, or cross draw since there is no clip.
    PT1911 Duo-tone
    PT 24/7 Pro C DS

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    First, I have to say that I like the Remora holster very well, and most of the time they stay in place very well. However, I have had one upsetting experience. I was in Walmart, wearing a Remora in crossdraw appendix position. I leaned down to get something off the bottom shelf. When I stood up, I realized my jacket was sticking straight out; the Remora had ridden up out of my pants and was lying horizontally on top of my belt. Luckily, the gun had not fallen out and my jecket held everything in place. My wife and I happened to be alone in the aisle so I was able to fix things without being observed.

To the OP: Comp-Tac sells "C" clips in sizes from 1-1/4" thru 1-3/4".
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Member #
    Liked
    417 times
    Now that is a scary thing your gun about to fall out in Wally World!!!
    Be safe out there, no need to meet Jesus before the appointed time!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links