question for the guys with a pt111 or similar - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: question for the guys with a pt111 or similar

Member #
    Liked
    2606 times
    I have the Supertuck, ordered it for my 111....and its just too big and bulky. I use it for my 845, and XD. I am 5' 9" and weigh about 175. The Supertuck is too much.
    For a cheap get by holster-get a Blackhawk #5. It fits the 111 and is IWB. Cost is $10-15 depending on where you get it. Get one of those, then you can take your time finding the right holster for you and your gun.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisfromky View Post
    yeah i realize this is a question of preference, i haven't had a chance to physically look at anything yet, just trying to get an idea what to look for
    thats been me too - fortunately i have a LGS thats good with this sort of thing - they had diff ones in stock and had good staff to help out.

Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    I use a theis for mine most everyday, but when I'm not going to be out and about for a long period of time, I have a simple nylon with steel clip holster that it rides in comfortably for those shorter outings. It's all personal preference, but in my humble opinion Theis holsters (or the like) are the way to go for comfort and security.
    OEF Veteran and Cornfed Iowa Boy
    PT1911ss
    Gen 4 Glock 17/19
    DPMS AP4

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11220 times
    Plus 1 on the CrossBreed holsters. I have the QuikClip for my PT-111 MilPro and it is the most comfortable holster I have ever purchased. I was so impressed, I started making my own holsters in the SuperTuck and MiniTuck styles and I just love the comfort, the concealability (it is a tuckable holster), and versatility of carry position.

If you carry with the holster against your skin (which most people in hot climates do), I would go for the horsehide. All of the Super and MiniTucks I make myself are with horsehide. It just handles the sweat and moisture much better than cowhide.

Get the J clips if you are worried about the clips showing. The J clips are fine for the lighter weight pistols but as the weight goes up the regular clips are better. They ride more on the belt and the better your belt the better those heavier pistols ride.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Between the Trinity and Brazos Rivers in the real Lonesome Dove.
    Liked
    9058 times
    I carry my PT-140 in an El Paso Saddlery Milt Sparks Summer Special knock-off with at DM Bullard (of Azle, TX) most of the time during the late spring, summer and early fall. Later fall, winter and early spring, I use an UnderTech Undercover belly band holster.
    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

"Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist." - Edmund Burke

Sand Lake 2014 TA Gathering
    Sand Lake 2016 TA Gathering
    Rapid City 2016 TA Gathering

Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    Don't know about the "best" but on the economy side...
    I use an Uncle Mikes size 16 IWB holster.
    It's made out of a light plyable material similar to wetsuits with a proprietary hook fastener.
    They run about $15 at Academy Sports and should be available on line from Uncle Mikes.
    I agree, I also use the Uncle Mikes #16 it will carry my PT145, PT111 and the XD9sc
    http://www.unclemikes.com/products/i..._holsters.html
    U.S.A.F. (76-80), Tx CHL, LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER NRA, LIFE MEMBER DAV

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    what about the strap? that more personal preference as well? http://www.shopunclemikes.com/detail/TCL+UM22+0+R

Member #
    Liked
    2079 times
    Quote Originally Posted by curtisfromky View Post
    what about the strap? that more personal preference as well? Inside-The-Pant w/Strap | Shop Uncle Mikes
    Dang missed that one!
    I just pick them up at Academy, never saw one with the strap -- I like that and might have to add one to the collection.. Thanks

One thing about Taurus Armed, never a day goes by you dont learn something!!
    U.S.A.F. (76-80), Tx CHL, LIFE ENDOWMENT MEMBER NRA, LIFE MEMBER DAV

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I've got a a 24/7 c and i use a remora iwb holster. I really like the remora because you can carry it in any position you want and position it however you want. For a first holster i've loved it because it has given me the chance to try different positions and I've found I like carrying in a way that I thought I wouldn't.

I would say that a super-tuck style holster is probably the best option out there, and I'd like to get one now. But I love my remora and just being able to slide it in and go.
    PT1911 Duo-tone
    PT 24/7 Pro C DS

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    16696 times
    This is my favorite for MOB carry, I'm right handed.

Name:  PT140 Non Railed.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  714.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links