I was asked to leave today.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: I was asked to leave today....

Member #
    Liked
    7408 times
    Like MFF said. Someone probably saw the weapon and freaked out. For too many Americans weapons are only for the military, police, and criminals.

I bet you always check your cover from here on out.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36642 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    And here is an excellent example of the need for Constitutional Carry to be the norm or at least legal Open Carry. Even in Texas. Here in Washington it's totally legal for your firearm to show, holstered, even if it slips from concealment. And most folks, (but not all sadly) will not have a tantrum over it.
    Here in Michigan as well - although I know of one prosecutor who does not abide by state law and will charge you with brandishing. (The courts in Washtenaw County are so f... messed up that the cases are always reversed on appeal, but they still bring the charges.)
    In an ideal world concealed vs open carry would be purely a tactical decision.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Member #
    Liked
    4902 times
    I think you handled yourself correctly. When I go in to a restaurant, I like to sit in a booth with my carry facing into the booth to account for this scenario. If I can do it facing the door or exit, then perfect. If facing the door means my carry is facing out of the booth, I will usually slide in first, and let my wife sit next to my piece. Being polite is always the best option. Luckily, there isn't any Chili's where I live.
    Armd2DaTeeth and Villian2010 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

SVW
    Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    Let us all know of their reply to your letter , Chill's won't my business,, I will give them a Chilly shoulder !!

Member #
    Liked
    217 times
    the wife and i took the kids and our great dane to the grand opening of a new pet smart. packed with people and thier pets there was alot of bumping and rubbing on the way in the door. not sure if it was a person, or my giant dane, but my shirt was pushed back over the grips of my pt111. most of it was still concealed (IWB crossbreed supertuck) a very large gentleman approached me from behind and asked is i had a CC liscense. my hand went straight to my gun and i realized it was exposed. i quickly covered it, and replied yes i did. he asked to see it, and i complied. (not that it was any of his business, but i had messed up so why not defuse the situation) he mentioned that the store had a no guns rule but that thwey did not post it, and it was ok with him if i carried instore in the future as long as i made sure to cover up. so far thats my only oops.
    i AIM to please

Member #
    Liked
    427 times
    I'm not trying to make any excuses for Chili's corporate here, but the other thing that must be considered is whether or not this particular store is a franchise or not. If it is, sending a letter to corporate headquarters probably wouldn't make much of a dent. The franchise owner would be free to implement this (stupid and short-sighted) "no guns" policy on their own, so long as it does not violate their franchise agreement.

In short: If the place is NOT a corporate store, letters would be much more effective if addressed directly to the franchise owner and/or the store manager instead of to corporate headquarters.
    Armd2DaTeeth likes this.
    The Second Amendment: Protecting the Constitution and Freedom since 1791.

Member #
    Liked
    1149 times
    I have learned this lesson myself the hard way,that concealed means concealed.The OP got lucky ,just like I did.Had the manager been truly scared the only warning the OP would get is the local PD slapping cuffs on for a brandishing charge.Here in SD we have open carry for those of age and legal right to own a handgun and I still could have been jailed for brandishing if -here's the key-someone sees the gun and makes enough of a fuss.And there's the rub.No one on this site would think twice about eating next to someone with a gun on their hip,but delusional liberals are everywhere.If they're in South Dakota ,they're in your town too...and UN worshipping antigunners eat at Chillis too.Keep that hardware concealed folks,because even in free states there are plenty of anti-gun troopers who want we the people to be disarmed..and they're one cell phone call away from ruining your day.I know from experience.
    Here's a thought: what if Adam Lanzas mom had a CCW?

"He who goes unarmed in paradise had better be sure that that is where he is."-James Thurber
    “Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”: Who watches the watchmen?-Juvenal

"Get out on the range! You can't call the weather for a gun fight! First relay on line!"-Jeff Cooper

Member #
    Liked
    36642 times
    Silver, it's probably a good idea to always introduce statements about legal issues with "around here"... Brandishing is an issue that is locally defined. In Michigan, accidental exposure does not constitute brandishing. I have no idea what constitutes brandishing in South Dakota and would not presume to make a statement about it without a lot of research. Nor do I know a lot about Texas law, but just as a guess, I would bet against it - although I'd probably use either my call to an expert or just ask the audience before I actually answered.
    Freedom First likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    I wonder if the OP mentioned to the manager who asked him to leave that he in fact had a CHL and could legally carry in the restaurant since no 30.06 sign was posted at the doors. Not that the manager still couldn't ask him to leave (that's his perogative), but the OP was certainly not violating any law by CCing in the restaurant. Plus the fact that the handgun was not intentionally being displayed, and in Texas, it must be intentionally displayed to be a violation of the law.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calmb4thestorm View Post
    I wonder if the OP mentioned to the manager who asked him to leave that he in fact had a CHL and could legally carry in the restaurant since no 30.06 sign was posted at the doors. Not that the manager still couldn't ask him to leave (that's his perogative), but the OP was certainly not violating any law by CCing in the restaurant. Plus the fact that the handgun was not intentionally being displayed, and in Texas, it must be intentionally displayed to be a violation of the law.
    I did in fact let him know I was licensed to be armed and offered to show him my license. I will in the future be more aware of situations that could cause my weapon to be seen. While its no excuse, I'm still new to the CC world and this served as an incredible life lesson. The only reason why I sat with my gun away from the wall is because doing so would have put my back to the front door and thats something I never do, regardless if I carry or not. I appreciate everyone's feedback and thoughts on this. Please know that I take no offense to anyone statements as I'm always open to constructive criticism.
    A gun is like a woman it's all in how you hold her.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links