Texas Campus Carry Bill - - - - a Negative Update
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1803 times

Texas Campus Carry Bill - - - - a Negative Update

Couple of months ago, it looked like this was a slam dunk. For anyone who was counting on this, it looks like it has slowed down to a crawl. This following link is a few days old, and not very positive.

After reading it, I'm sure glad these guys weren't around back in 1836, or we'd still be paying taxes to Mexico.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/04...yed-again.html

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Texas Campus Carry Bill - - - - a Negative Update

Yup, the media of course didn't help. The claim has been "Your going to be having 17-18 year old drunk kids running around on campus with guns. How is that supposed to make a campus safer?" And of course, none of that has ANYTHING to do with the issue. Liberals set up phone banks to call all over the state espousing this, then asking them to call their reps and tell them to vote against it. Open Carry legislation stands even less chance this time around.
    śολών λαβέ!

Lifetime NRA Member
    CHL Holder
    Instructor of Basic Firearm, and home and personal self defense.
    Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm
    Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm
    Taurus 24/7 Compact 9mm
    Taurus 709
    Ruger LCP
    Sig Mosquito
    Sig 232 SL
    Kel Tec PLR-22
    FEG PA63

Member #
    Liked
    759 times

Of course. Another example of looking in the mirror thinking there is someone on the other side.

They just don't get it. They think keeping a ban on CCW on campus will prevent ALL guns from being in the class.

So many have tried with so many ways and you cannot prevent the BG's from bring weapons (there are more ways to kill than with a gun) into a classroom with ill will intentions. Zero.

CCW is not a cure but a prevention.

It amases me how our "higher learning" environment is sooo stupid.
    When the P(Edit)HTF, don't be in front of the fan.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by jbtty
    Of course. Another example of looking in the mirror thinking there is someone on the other side.

They just don't get it. They think keeping a ban on CCW on campus will prevent ALL guns from being in the class.

So many have tried with so many ways and you cannot prevent the BG's from bring weapons (there are more ways to kill than with a gun) into a classroom with ill will intentions. Zero.

CCW is not a cure but a prevention.

It amases me how our "higher learning" environment is sooo stupid.
    Yeah, they interviewed a local girl student at ACU who said she was against it... "Just call security, that's why they're there..." Umm, yeah......
    śολών λαβέ!

Lifetime NRA Member
    CHL Holder
    Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm
    Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm
    Taurus 24/7 Compact 9mm
    Taurus 709
    Ruger LCP
    Sig Mosquito
    Sig 232 SL
    Kel Tec PLR-22
    FEG PA63

Member #
    Liked
    759 times

Quote Originally Posted by evernblujeans
    Yeah, they interviewed a local girl student at ACU who said she was against it... "Just call security, that's why they're there..." Umm, yeah......
    I'd love to know what her major is. Just remember one thing, these college graduates are what we have to keep this country going. I"m F#$King scared.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33433 times

Given a choice between the two, open carry and campus carry, I would prefer to see campus carry pass.
    Those who oppose this would be surprised at the number of guns already carried in the classrooms illegally.
    They would also be surprised at the actual number that would carry legally if passed. First off they have to be 21, not all students are. Then there's the background check. Not all 21 year olds can pass it to aquire a license. And not all 21 year olds that are eligible, even have an interest in carrying.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon™
    Given a choice between the two, open carry and campus carry, I would prefer to see campus carry pass.
    Those who oppose this would be surprised at the number of guns already carried in the classrooms illegally.
    They would also be surprised at the actual number that would carry legally if passed. First off they have to be 21, not all students are. Then there's the background check. Not all 21 year olds can pass it to aquire a license. And not all 21 year olds that are eligible, even have an interest in carrying.
    Ditto, plus the money involved. I think most that would be carrying would be the adult commuting students who already have a CHL... it would mean they wouldn't have to DISarm when going to class...esp at night, parking off campus and less than desireable areas.
    śολών λαβέ!

Lifetime NRA Member
    CHL Holder
    Taurus 24/7 Pro 9mm
    Taurus 24/7 OSS 9mm
    Taurus 24/7 Compact 9mm
    Taurus 709
    Ruger LCP
    Sig Mosquito
    Sig 232 SL
    Kel Tec PLR-22
    FEG PA63

Member #
    Liked
    759 times

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon™

Amen to everything you said

Member #
    Liked
    14 times

*sigh*

This is SO frustrating. I go to UH now, and will be turning 21 next semester. There have been several gunpoint robberies on campus since I got here, and frankly, I'm pissed that I'm forced to walk about with nothing more than a pocketknife to defend myself, and even that is likely to be confiscated by the overzealous campus PD who confuse a perfectly legal and safe spring-assist for a "deadly baby-killing illegal switchblade." My roommate got arrested for carrying a perfectly legal spring assist earlier this year. It's like they want us to be a shooting gallery, I swear.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Some people think Utah is backwards, but I think we at least have it right on this one! The public universities have been trying to enact legislation to prevent CC on campuses (U of U especially). But the law says that any public place cannot ban CC. Only way they can stop it is to go private, and then they lose tons of funding. Doesn't stop their security from harassing people, but so far they've had no success at stopping valid CC permit holders from carrying on campus. Interestingly enough, this is true for schools here as well. As long as we have our CC permit, we can carry in any public venue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links