Concealed Carry at Home - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry at Home

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    TX has basically no restrictions on your property, as far as HD shootings, unless you do something really over the top, it is really rare to see someone prosecuted for a shooting of an intruder. This holds true even in the most liberal counties (Dallas, Harris, Travis). Off the top of my head, I can only think of one homeowner prosecuted for a shooting recently, and was that guy in Houston who very much provoked the incident and shot a unarmed guy basically for playing his music too loud.

On another note, even for people who live in the so called "PR" states, I strongly encourage them to look into a FL or UT nonresident permit. It at least gives you that ability to carry if your travels take you to "free" states.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i gotta look into those nonresident permits

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Down state Illinois is good to CCW in your home and on your property. You can even carry on someone else's property if they say its ok. Open or concealed. Not upstate CHICAGO. they have a bunch of laws limiting your options. I carry 24/7 in my house and on my property.
    Taurus 445 .44spl, Ruger Single Six .22/.22 mag, Ruger MKII Stainless Target, Ruger LCR, Ruger GP100 .357, Ruger Blackhawk .357/9mm, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag, Remington R1 1911, Kahr CM40, Glock 22 .40 cal, Glock 21 SF RTF. 45, Kel Tec PF9, Bond Arms Snake Slayer IV, EAA SARARMS ST10 .9MM, Bushmaster AR-15 M4A3, Mossberg 535, Mossberg 500 Persuader, Ruger 1022, Remington Nylon 66 Stainless, Century Arms AKM 47 PAP M70, Springfield 1903 Sporter 30-06.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I do not "carry" around my house, but a gun is never more than a few feet away usually. They are kept in a safe place that is accessible for me, but not for my daughter to reach and grab it.

Member #
    Liked
    5146 times
    Im packing heat unless I am asleep in bed........then its on the night stand next to me.

Member #
    Liked
    131 times
    New Hampshire is one of the safest States, it was ranked #1 CQ press survey on state crime in 2009.
    Yet our state has some of the most relaxes Gun laws in the USA.
    There is no permit here or license to own Guns...Only exception buy handgun from private party as opposed to an FFL
    you need NH license to carry or be known to seller. open carry no registration here or permits.
    if you want cc for handgun cost is $10 for 4 yrs and one form to fill out. lots of talk going on..Stay Tuned
    Live Free or Die " New Hampshire State Motto "

New Hampshire was the first of the British North American colonies to break away from Great Britain in January 1776, and six months later was one of the original thirteen states that founded the United States of America.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Whapt View Post
    I do not "carry" around my house, but a gun is never more than a few feet away usually. They are kept in a safe place that is accessible for me, but not for my daughter to reach and grab it.
    That's the way I am too, I live in a building with gated access (RFID for residents, concierge for visitors and they call you when some arrives asking for me), my door is very sturdy and has 3 locks on it including a deadbolt and a chain which is ALWAYS locked when I'm home. I honestly think that anything short of a battering ram would take long enough to breach my door that even if asleep I would be able to arm myself first. I don't have any kids (that I know of) so I'm perfectly fine with leaving guns openly accessible, in fact my M&Pc is sitting in it's holster on my coffee table locked and loaded right now. Obviously, with kids around this would not be the case.

My primary HD gun is my M&P 40 with a light and night sights, which I keep literally 5 feet from bed and is loaded with a 20 round magazine with another spare. If I can't defend myself with 41 rounds of 40 in close quarters, then I deserve whatever happens!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is a sad state of affairs when so many including myself feel we must have a firearm present and handy even in our own home. Here in Springfield Mo. I never thought growing up this was close to a bad town. Now there are home invasions on the news often enough to cause me to keep a pistol handy. I can not imagine living in a war zone city like Detroit or Chicago.

Member #
    Liked
    258 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePip334 View Post
    In both WV and PA you can open carry with no questions asked except the places where firearms are prohibited. Once entered the car it is considered concealed and mag and gun must be seperated. both states are shall issue states. Wv makes you take a course that involves shooting the firearm and Pa jsut takes a 10 minute journey in the sheriffs dept. I open carry for now bc i dont have my WV CCW but then again its legal here.

Although i have heard that if someone sees you open carry and feels threatened they can call the LEOs, not sure what they would do just heard that people have that right!
    Depending on where you are in PA, people get kinda squirrelly if you open carry, even though it's legal. The further away from the city you are, the less problems you have. I just CC and not deal with other people's issues.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The National Guard: The ORIGINAL Department of Homeland Security since 1636.

Member #
    Liked
    7917 times
    I don't set out to carry around the house. I've got a few things 'handy' (that vary from .32ACP to 12 gauge with numerous stops in between- and that's just the stuff that goes BANG!), my house is about 50 yards off the road and I have 250 pounds of dogs- including about 100 pounds of very nosy American Bulldog and another one that will bark at rain drops or leaves falling from a tree because they are falling into his yard- out in the yard to tell me if someone's coming up. I feel that I'm safe enough inside my house because I figure that I will end up getting more than enough notice to cover the few feet to something that smokes or at least has a pointy tip if it becomes necessary.

The way I handle it is simple. When I leave the house- whether it's to go to the mailbox, cut grass, or to leave the property- I'm armed. When I come back into the house, it normally stays on me until I take a shower or go to bed. I can't tell you the number of times I've fell asleep on the couch watching TV with my Para P.13 or my Rossi 720 on me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Sponsored Links