Constitutional Concealed Carry in Kentucky
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Constitutional Concealed Carry in Kentucky

Currently, only Arizona, Alaska and Vermont allow CC without a permit but there is a move afoot to allow it in Kentucky, according to the handguns.us website.

I think our friend and moderator, Robby, is a board member of KC3 (which is the source of the info on handguns.us) and perhaps he will give us his perspective.

Here's the info from handguns.us:

Kentucky - [2/22/11] (From KC3) Constitutional Carry.

Rep. Mike Harmon has a bill that's now in the House Judiciary committee that would establish the same sort of concealed carry rules for Kentucky that are now in place in Arizona and Alaska. If you're legally allowed to own a firearm then no permit is required when you carry in Kentucky, and the present permit system will remain in place for those who wish to acquire a permit for travel and reciprocity outside of Kentucky. Please call the legislative message line at (800) 372-7181 and leave a message for all the members of the Judiciary committee, as well as your own representative and if you like, all the members of the house and tell them that you support House Bill 113 and want to see it brought to the floor for a vote. We're hopeful that this bill can be amended to add a provision that will make it clear that colleges do NOT have authority to regulate the possession of firearms that remain inside a vehicle while that vehicle is on their parking lots or property, and that this is legal just as it is on private lots, state lots and other school properties now. They need to hear from you so make those calls, do it every day and pass this information on to your friends and our allies!

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27595 times

Re: Constitutional Concealed Carry in Kentucky

I'll keep my fingers crossed for my Kentucky brethren that this measure will pass.

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Re: Constitutional Concealed Carry in Kentucky

If your from KY, and want to support this bill!!

Judiciary committee, 16 members. They all had addresses I was able to copy & paste into an email, except for the following, GREGORY, OWENS, CRENSHAW, LEE, NEMES, RUDY, which require you to fill out a form on the Legislature website and contact them in that manner:

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
    [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
    [email protected], [email protected]

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Sponsored Links