Question in regards to an IWB and SOB holster for a right handed user - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    North Central Florida----no, it's not at all like Miami
    Liked
    4 times

Re: Question in regards to an IWB and SOB holster for a right handed user

Quote Originally Posted by harley_dave
    +1 with Greenwolf70 on the Supertuck. I ordered mine with a 15 degree forward cant and I can carry it 3:00, 4:30, and SOB by just adjusting the clips to alter the angle. However, I carry with the butt end up when in SOB so your mileage may vary. Seems more natural that way since your hand is already turned the right direction to grip the gun when you reach behind your back and the gun is already turned the right direction when it clears your back so no twisting and turning of gun or hand.
    Dave
    My SOB gun is a Ruger LCP, drawn w/ my right hand from a right-handed IWB holster.

I also carry IWB appendix (Taurus 617 revolver) or IWB 4:00 (Taurus PT1911) (no, not all at the same time)

As stated above, my right hand always reaches for the gun the same way every time. I am usually very aware of whether or not I have the 617 with me, but, believe it or not, I sometimes forget if the 1911 is with me.

With the LCP at SOB,I can just reach on around and find it w/o flipping my hand over if I fail to find the 1911.
    "A 9mm might expand, but a .45 sure as heck never shrinks"--unknown

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

For my two cents...
    if you carry SOB, you should do so in a holster that is made for your strong side. If you are right-handed and carry SOB in a left handed holster, then the draw brings the muzzle across your body or you have to adjust your draw a lot. If you use a right-handed holster your drawing actions are the same as carrying on your hip, you just have to reach further back.

Member #
    Liked
    10752 times

There's absolutely no need to use a left handed holster for right handed SOB. A properly fit SOB holster will keep the pistol off your spine. Most complaints about SOB are that you can seriously injure yourself if you fall flat on your back. That does not happen with a good design SOB holster.

As I said earlier, if you are going to carry IWB and SOB, you can not beat a CrossBreed Super or Mini Tuck style holster for comfort. Mine rides about 4-5 o'clock with enough cant for an easy draw, but not enough cant to cross my spine. And the holster rides high enough that the pistol barrel does not ride on your butt bone. It literally sits to the side of your spine in the curvature, or small of the back.
    Battle of Wanat: 10 years ago last 13 July, 1LT Brostram was killed in combat killing the last enemy combatant in the outpost. The LT went to the point of decision and made the difference that turned the tide of the battle. The original investigation found the Bde Cmdr, the Bn Cmdr and the Co Cmdr at fault for dereliction of duty. If you want to see what a sarcastic silver star citation reads like, pull up the company commander's silver star.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links