College Campus Concealed Carry Bill Filed: Texas
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33433 times

College Campus Concealed Carry Bill Filed: Texas

Looks like the legislature is going to give this another try.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/politic...on-campus-bill

Good idea?
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31573 times

Re: College Campus Concealed Carry Bill Filed: Texas

Durn right it's a good idea. I sent my representative a letter last year telling him I hope he gets behind it, and he replied that he was a cosponsor ! I'm sure he'll support this one too.

When my son goes to college, and turns 21, I want him to be able to protect himself in a very vulnerable setting like that.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    465 times

Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy
    Durn right it's a good idea. I sent my representative a letter last year telling him I hope he gets behind it, and he replied that he was a cosponsor ! I'm sure he'll support this one too.

When my son goes to college, and turns 21, I want him to be able to protect himself in a very vulnerable setting like that.
    +1
    "You can't handle the truth!" - Jack Nicholson

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33433 times

I had a guy tell me the other day, that he didn't want all those "damned " kids running around campus with guns.

I told him, that to conceal carry, only 21 year olds and older would be able to legally. Of the 21 year olds, not all would even have the interest to carry. Which is ok. I said, there probably wouldn't be as many guns present as he thought.

He thought a minute, and said really? I never looked at it that way.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    35208 times

I'm all for it. 1966 UT campus it was civilian suppressing fire which helped hold the gunman pinned down while law enforcement was able to get up the tower to him!
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31573 times

I'm convinced that if a handful of students at VA. Tech had been able to carry a gun that day, it would have ended with a substantially lower body count.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

I agree Tex...Be it teacher or student carrying it could have ended different
    Don't take life so seriously no one gets out alive

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I hope the legislature gets behind this. The community college I go to had a armed robbery on 11/30 at about 9:30 pm at one of the bus stops. Just the thought of a "victum" carring my of stopped the crime
    PT145 owner
    24/7 .45acp
    85ul

Member #
    Liked
    1803 times

Go to it! Representative Joe Driver of Garland has been the major supporter of this since it started out. If I lived up there I'd vote for this guy.

Since age retired me, I rely on teaching part-time at local community colleges. I am 100 percent for it. Our local college PD is very professional and very alert, but they can't be everywhere at once.

IMHO, the campus shooters in the past few years did what they did in part because they knew they'd have little or no resistance. Would fewer students have been killed at the Univ of Va? I don't know that, but I suspect that a few armed students and faculty would have fought back and perhaps saved some lives. In the first 7 months of 2010, the DOJ reports 35 rapes per 1000 female students nationwide.

Maybe if Texas can set a precedent, the rest of the country will follow along.

Moderator Emeritus

Member #
    Liked
    956 times

Yep, we are trying to get it started in KY, ridiculous, that even I have to be unprotected on college campus!! Or K to 12 for that matter.

ROBBY
    Board Of Directors KC3 http://www.kc3.com/index.html
    NRA Member, GOA Member, NAGR member

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links