M650- Conceal Carry options. What do you prefer and why?
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

M650- Conceal Carry options. What do you prefer and why?

I just bought a M650. And I'm looking for a good holster to carry. An outside belt is not an option for me. I keep hearing about the pocket holsters but I just can imagine my 650 in my pocket because of size and weight. How do you carry, and what holster do you use?
    Moonie

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33293 times

Re: M650- Conceal Carry options. What do you prefer and why?

I have an 851 which is essentially the same as the 650 but in .38 special. I carry it in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and it conceals very well in a pair of cargo pants.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

I pocket carry my M650 either in a pants pocket (front or rear but grip will show in rear) or an outside jacket pocket. I usually use either an Uncle Mikes or a Blackhawk pocket holster but I have used a Nemesis with some jacket pockets.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So no problems with pocket carry? I'll have to think about that. Thanks. One more thing, Any of these holster brands fit the m650 better then others?
    Moonie

Member #
    Liked
    51 times

It depends on the pocket. I'm more app to use my Nemesis is a coat pocket but that due to the shape of the pockets (usually centerline). I think the Uncle Mikes fits a little better than the Blackhawk but they're close.

I picked up a nice leather one from another member here but it's a little large for most of my stuff.

Overall, most pocket holsters are cheap. Get a few and try them out. Remember that if a shop has a pocket holster in stock that you might like you can ask if they could pull out a similar gun from the case so you can try the fit. Yes, I've done this.

The most common complaint I've heard about pocket carry is that some don't like the weight of the gun. But that's something that you can try out at home. Try carrying the UNLOADED gun in your pocket some afternoon or evening and see how it goes. That all steel frame will shift around some.

Steelheart
    USCCA, NRA & GOA member http://www.appleseedinfo.org/ Basic Rifle Marksmanship with some neat history thrown in.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Is the 650 considered a small frame or a medium frame in holster sizes?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33293 times

It would be small frame.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart™
    Try carrying the UNLOADED gun in your pocket some afternoon or evening and see how it goes.
    Why unloaded? Thats not the way he would be carrying normally. If he or the holster cannot be trusted during the test, they sure as hell can't be trusted out in the world.
    Guns don't kill people, Dads with pretty daughters do.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKos
    Why unloaded? Thats not the way he would be carrying normally. If he or the holster cannot be trusted during the test, they sure as hell can't be trusted out in the world.
    I don't know if this is what steelheart meant, but I've been carrying my 605CHSS unloaded in my pants front pocket around the house to decide if it is a valid carry option for me before I invest in a pocket holster. Unloaded because it's not in a holster yet - just checking the weight of the gun in different pants etc.

For myself I've decided to go ahead and get the Nemisis because the weight is manageable with jeans and a heavier belt - which is my usual attire anyway.
    A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh?

I was living the dream! I was stripped to the waist, eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by oscarturner
    I don't know if this is what steelheart meant...
    Fair enough... I saw it as carrying in a holster because you won't learn anything buy having it flop around in your pocket without one.
    I also had a 605ss and it weighed a ton in my pocket. So for now i have an LCP that resides in my back pocket.
    Guns don't kill people, Dads with pretty daughters do.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links