Ladies, Motorcycles, and Guns - Can the combination be feminine?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Ladies, Motorcycles, and Guns - Can the combination be feminine?

Hello all,

I think all of my previous posts have been so generic that it is not clear I am female. Well, I have a question about concealed carry when riding a motorcycle and I don't know any women who carry weapons AND ride (drive) motorcycles, so I'm asking you guys what your wives/girlfriends/daughters do. Ladies, if you're out there and you have suggestions, please weigh in as well.

I am tall and slim and I do not wear oversized clothes, so I typically carry my .38 (Model 85UL w/2-inch barrel) in my purse. I sometimes use an IWB holster in the small of my back when I wear jeans and a jacket--but I only dress that way on the weekends when it is cold, which is not very often where I live. (It has been in the mid- to upper-80s in the days leading up to Thanksgiving.) Since carrying a purse is not an option on a motorcycle and I hope to avoid wearing a backpack, I need suggestions for concealed carry when I ride my motorcycle in warm weather. Of course, my primary concern is safety, but I want to still look feminine while doing things normally associated with guys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    NewGunOwner

Member #
    Liked
    7278 times

Re: Ladies, Motorcycles, and Guns - Can the combination be feminine?

You don't say what state you are in which may or may not be open carry. I know some ladies that carry IWB and OWB at the 4 O-clock and still wear non loose clothing but cover with a light jacket while riding but NC is an open carry state an if they print it's no big deal. You might also want to consider the ankle holster. Worn on the inside of the weak ankle it is a very discrete and effective carry for a small light gun. Hope this helps.
    NC DCJTSD Certified Concealed Carry Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Member #
    Liked
    13 times

My wife will soon be taking her CWP class, but she has no idea how she'll carry yet...She's mostly a jeans girl, so she's thinkin a blackhawk cqc serpa, but, we'll see..And I highly doubt I'll ever see me or her on a bike. I like 4 wheels and a windshield here in Florida...but if you come up with some solutions for carry, let me know, so I can pass em on to the wife
    Like a midget at a urinal, you have to stay on your toes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    11 times

There is a youtube video of a woman wearing a Crossbreed IWB holster:
    ( ).

In the video she is wearing jeans and a white tank-shirt. Until she lifts her shirt you would never know that she was carrying.

As for your question "can the combination of a woman, a motorcycle and a firearm be feminine", absolutely. Definite yes.

BK

Member #
    Liked
    33301 times

IWB Holsters can be a bit uncomfortable on some motorcycles depending on the style of bike, handlebars, and seat. My sister in law rides and carries and she has a small holster that she tucks into the top of her boot. I've also seen a couple of rigs that conceal on the bike instead of on your person.

There is nothing in life so bad or so awful that it cannot be made infinitely worse by a lawyer.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

The best solution I've found for motorcycle carry is the much-maligned fanny pack. Anything that is inside your clothes can become a danger if you have an "unplanned dismount." Imagine what an SOB carried gun could do to your back in a motorcyle crash, or what a shoulder holstered gun could do to your ribs. The fanny pack keeps the gun within easy (fast) access even with multiple layers of motorcycle gear, and it can hold keys, wallet, etc... which makes gas stops easier, too. Any method of carry that keeps the gun inside your clothes is going to be slow to access with motrcycle gloves and jacket on. With all of the other motorcycle gear on, the fanny pack is barely even noticable. As with any activity that requires specialized gear, a fanny pack doesn't look nearly as weird when on your bike as it does when you're walking through a grocery store.

Member Emeritus 1946-2018
    Member #
    Liked
    27596 times

You may want to consider the Taurus PT738 TCP and its handy-dandy Bulldog pouch which is worn on a belt or clipped over the waistband of jeans.

I wear mine on my belt everywhere I legally can. It is concealed carry in plain sight!

Millennium G2 PT111
    Millennium G2 PT140
    PT92 ----- TCP PT738

Proudly Served
    US Army / Army Reserve / Mississippi State Guard

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Well as a guy that works in a motorcycle shop, and since I pocket carry what about putting it inside your jacket? Even some of the vented ones like Joe rocket or Tourmaster have a big enough pocket that would be conceled. and the pockets are big enough to carry a 1911! Bikes, Guns and Female Nice!!
    PT145 owner
    24/7 .45acp
    85ul

Member #
    Liked
    2933 times

You could also look into a Galco Bellyband or one of the clones. A friend bought one to use when riding and liked it so much he uses it for EDC (Every Day Carry) now.
    This is the land of opportunity not entitlement

Member #
    Liked
    19 times

got ya a great lady there ,bikes and guns wooooo hooooo
    Don't take life so seriously no one gets out alive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links