If you carry a BUG (back up gun) What do you carry, and whats it backing up? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Re: If you carry a BUG (back up gun) What do you carry, and whats it backing up?

Current primary: Charter 2000 Bulldog Pug .357 with 125-135 gr Speer GD or KelTec PF9 with Speer GD 124gr. Back up: KelTec P3AT(.380) with either Hydrashok 90gr or Speer GD 90gr. Also my always carry is one or two NAA .22mag mini-mouse.
    If our lawmakers have our best interest in mind, why do they keep trying to take away our personal protection? Pappy used to say "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    A pair of NAA .22mag minis, Charter Arms .357 Bulldog Pug, Kel-Tec P3AT & PF9, Mossberg 500 12ga.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: If you carry a BUG (back up gun) What do you carry, and whats it backing up?

Primary is a Springfield Micro Compact light weight 45 ACP and BUG is a Taurus 605 SSCH
    Taurus 605 SSCH
    Taurus PT 1911
    Taurus M85
    Bersa thinder 380
    Ruger New Single Six
    Colt Diamondback
    To Many Kimbers
    To Many Colts
    AK's & AR's
    to many 22's
    Some EBR's too !

Member #
    Liked
    2442 times

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite
    For me Its a 1911 as primary carry(which one depends on the weather) and a kel-tec p32 or a seecamp lws32 as a BUG for pocket carry.
    My Primary gun is a 2¼" SS Taurus® Mdl 617 357 Magnum. My BUG is a Taurus® Mdl 85 UltaLite™ 38 Special.
    David
    CW3, U.S. Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Vulnerata, Fortis, Dignus Veterani
    كافر. المسلحة. جاهزة
    Only two defining forces ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, & Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
    1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

I have begun (occasionally) to carry a BUG. When I do this, my primary is a H&K P7M8 on my belt. The BUG is my M85 in my pants or coat pocket.

As it is very cold here in MI right now, so the coats are heavy and well secured. The mode that I have found advantageous is to keep the BUG in the chest pocket (the opening of which faces the centerline of the coat) making drawing while seated in the car a breeze.
    "You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once." —Robert A. Heinlein

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Quick update here. I got my PT-111 back from Taurus and it is working great, so it has taken Primary carry duty along with the Charter depending if I want the revolver or the semi that day and PF-9 if I need smaller primary. Bugs remain the same as previous post.
    If our lawmakers have our best interest in mind, why do they keep trying to take away our personal protection? Pappy used to say "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."
    A pair of NAA .22mag minis, Charter Arms .357 Bulldog Pug, Kel-Tec P3AT & PF9, Mossberg 500 12ga.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

When my permit arrives my primary will be my PT140 or a S&W 40, with a Kel-Tec P11 as bug. At least until I get my 1911

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

24/7 in 45 iwb strong side, pt145 iwb weak side
    God loves you........... yep even on them days

Member #
    Liked
    198 times

Primarys 617 Taurus DAO, 605 Taurus, or SP101 Ruger DAO.
    Back Up Mdl.37 Bobbed S&W or Charter Undercover DAO
    Two Revolvers every day all day

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Primary-PT 145 Pro .... BUG-Kel-Tec PF9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links