Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Pocket Holsters

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times

Pocket Holsters

In my continuing mania to provide ways to carry the Kimber Micro 9, I have been considering all types. I got the Outbags OWB model a few days ago and have been breaking it in with a wax paper wrapped pistol. Almost there on that one.

I searched pocket holsters and found a seller on EBay from a seller named "Techlocook" ..his EBay handle. He's on FB as waszcustomholsters and works out of Inverness, FL. The holster pictured was 24.00 plus tax...25.50 net delivered. It's leather and suede lined and the workmanship is great. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer. Shipping is fast, the USPS not so much.

I also received my Sticky Holster for the pistol (said I was going crazy). It's a "Blem" and I cannot find out why it would have flunked QC. Don't be afraid to save yourself a few bucks if you go to buy a Sticky. Search "blem" on the website.

Name:  Kimber pocket holster.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  2.84 MB
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    8594 times
    I'm really interested in that gun! How does it handle and shoot. It looks like it would be a little snappy.

I currently have a PT-145 That I refuse to part with. Is it comparable in recoil?

I know 45 against 9mm but the 9 is much smaller.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    When I moved to the south I just didn't bring my things . By the grace of GOD he brought my soul!!"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

PT 1911,pt 24/7 45 C DS, M-85

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 45 Forever View Post
    I'm really interested in that gun! How does it handle and shoot. It looks like it would be a little snappy.

I currently have a PT-145 That I refuse to part with. Is it comparable in recoil?

I know 45 against 9mm but the 9 is much smaller.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I'm putting them in a 10" circle at 50' and the recoil isn't something that would lead one to limit practice. I've not had any issues wit too loose of a grip either. I have the TCP and the felt recoil is less than that and I wanted an upgrade from the .380 auto. Little blaster that fits in the palm of your hand. The eight round mags give a much improved grip over the 6 rounders which fit flush. I'll probably carry with the six +1 configuration for the ability to hide it and have two backup 8 round mags.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2060 times
    That looks like a nice set up I'm also looking for a smaller carry pistol but Kimber is a little out of my budget. I should have probably bought one instead of another full size 1911SS 45 ACP
    Someone in another post Shopping for a new gun is fun!
    357Funtime likes this.
    Taurus PT 840 /Williams Adj, Sites/ 70969
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by muddcatt54 View Post
    That looks like a nice set up I'm also looking for a smaller carry pistol but Kimber is a little out of my budget. I should have probably bought one instead of another full size 1911SS 45 ACP
    Someone in another post Shopping for a new gun is fun!
    The Springfield 911 9mm is a little less expensive and is a very close pistol to the Kimber.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...gfield-911-9mm

420.00 with two mags and tritium sights...plus shipping

https://www.smga.com/springfield-arm...9mm-black-5137

The Kimber can be had for 448.00 with one mag, three dot sights and free shipping.

https://familyfirearms.com/product/k...d-ss-shot-spec

Member #
    Liked
    34842 times
    Funny, my Kimber spent some time in it's pocket holster today.

Name:  Kimber 9 Pocket Holster 02.jpeg
Views: 45
Size:  614.4 KB

Nokomis is my motorcycle's name.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    3900 times
    Both of those are some nice pocket rigs! Lol, I just use the provided Ruger ones that came with my LCP's.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You may want to check out Alabama Holster. I got one for my tiny Seecamp .32 and I love it! Especially in hot weather. My Del Fatti in cooler weather.

https://www.alabamaholster.com/produ...ocket-holster/
    Czechbikr and dogchild like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46012 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebo View Post
    You may want to check out Alabama Holster. I got one for my tiny Seecamp .32 and I love it! Especially in hot weather. My Del Fatti in cooler weather.

https://www.alabamaholster.com/produ...ocket-holster/
    We had a discussion a few months back with the OP swearing that Kydex pocket holsters were the way to go for concealability. Others want a softer feel both against their leg and to protect the finish on the gun. I bought an "Elite Survival" off EBay for my Taurus 605 on the recommendation of a member here for coat pocket carry in the colder months. I like that one a lot and it was under 17 bucks.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois!

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33517 times
    I'm thinking about maybe retiring the Ruger LCP at some point and buying a Springfield Hellcat for pocket carry. Bigger caliber, more rounds, and about the same size gun. If I do that, I'll be interested in a rig like you have, that looks really good. Does the shape of the holster break up the printing enough to where it doesn't look like a gun you have?
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links