Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Pocket Holsters

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46015 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    I'm thinking about maybe retiring the Ruger LCP at some point and buying a Springfield Hellcat for pocket carry. Bigger caliber, more rounds, and about the same size gun. If I do that, I'll be interested in a rig like you have, that looks really good. Does the shape of the holster break up the printing enough to where it doesn't look like a gun you have?
    I've not carried it in the pocket yet and in a pair of bluejeans it would be tight in the front pocket of mine. In the back pocket the butt (of the gun, not mine..I don't wear my pants at my knees) sticks out of the pocket.

In a pair of Dockers or similar I imagine that the outline of the gun and holster would be more muted. I will most likely carry IWB or OWB and use the leather pocket holster in the cooler months in a jacket pocket.

I just looked at the size comparison and was surprised that they are so close in dimension.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/...-micro-compact
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33517 times
    Yes, the Hellcat is a modern wonder if you ask me. That much firepower, in such a small package, is something I would love to have, but not to replace my Shield or anything like that. If I can replace my LCP with a 9mm, roughly the same size, that's a win for me.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    30251 times
    Good looking guns and rigs; thanks for sharing!
    NULLI SECUNDUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I picked this up on clearance for $5 probably a couple years ago.
    Name:  Package.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  352.3 KB

I originally got it for my Springfield XDE, but my TH9C with the Crimson Trace laser sight fits into it pretty well, too.
    Name:  Left Side.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  392.7 KB

Name:  Right Side.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  426.2 KB

https://unclemikes.com/holsters/conc...-the-pocket-1/
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    219 times
    The pocket holster on the left. Ace Case Friction. Works very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Czechbikr and dogchild like this.
    Two Revolvers every day all day

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46015 times
    ^^ Very competitive to the Sticky Holster and way past the Remora.

https://acecase.com/Stick-it-Friction-Holsters/
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Have you given any thought to a rear pocket model? I've been using an Uncle Georges for my 738 and like it. I wanted something I could just slip in my pocket and go. Granted, not the best for quick access, but at least it's there - and it's not too bad to get out in a hurry.
    Czechbikr and dogchild like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46015 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1835 View Post
    Have you given any thought to a rear pocket model? I've been using an Uncle Georges for my 738 and like it. I wanted something I could just slip in my pocket and go. Granted, not the best for quick access, but at least it's there - and it's not too bad to get out in a hurry.
    I have a Sticky holster for my TCP and it works well in the back pocket. I've tried the Micro 9 in the back jeans pocket and it sticks out and says..."Pistol". With a long shirt or jacket I could get away with it however. The TCP hides well anywhere.

Member #
    Liked
    605 times
    Here is our LCP and its custom pocket holster:

Name:  Ruger LCP .380acp.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  838.9 KB
    Last edited by RogueTS1; 07-09-2020 at 08:02 AM.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links