Member #
    Liked
    18015 times
    Have you seen these?

Name:  Mossberg-Introduces-MC1sc-Two-Tone-Stainless.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  346.4 KB
    olfarhors likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1819 times
    Another vote for the Sig P-365. It has been my summer carry for a few years now. Compact with 12 rounds and easy shooting.
    olfarhors likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    This is an interesting quest as I am thinking the same...hammer fired pocket 9MM.

One issue a lot of people seemed to have over-looked in your quest for an "upgrade" is the hammer fired pocket handgun. I have never fired a Ruger LC9, however, I have fired the smaller 380 LCP, and it was not the least bit snappy for such a small gun in 380. I have an old Browning 380 BDA bought in '79, and it is snappy.

I would wager the Ruger LC9 is in the ballpark so-to-speak of what would satisfy your needs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Sp5 View Post
    This is an interesting quest as I am thinking the same...hammer fired pocket 9MM.

One issue a lot of people seemed to have over-looked in your quest for an "upgrade" is the hammer fired pocket handgun. I have never fired a Ruger LC9, however, I have fired the smaller 380 LCP, and it was not the least bit snappy for such a small gun in 380. I have an old Browning 380 BDA bought in '79, and it is snappy.

I would wager the Ruger LC9 is in the ballpark so-to-speak of what would satisfy your needs.
    Here's one similar to the gun I chose

https://familyfirearms.com/product/k...d-ss-shot-spec
    Old_Sp5 likes this.
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    199 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Czechbikr View Post
    Here's one similar to the gun I chose

https://familyfirearms.com/product/k...d-ss-shot-spec

I had the impression...may be wrong...that SA/DA was in his head.

I have considered carrying a 1911 appendix for awhile. Mostly I carry traditionally at the right hip. When I do carry in the front, it's with a CZ PCR.
    Czechbikr likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Sp5 View Post

Internal or external hammer? The Ruger Security 9 (Full Size and Compact) are both internal hammer fired. If you like the look of an external hammer you might want to look at the newer SA XD-E series.

Member #
    Liked
    5842 times
    I started carrying the 24/7 C in .40 instead of the 709. More capacity, harder hitting (let's NOT start a caliber war, PLEASE).

Thing is just too big so I went back to the 709 with an extra magazine.
    Czechbikr likes this.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual
    rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand

Member #
    Liked
    6948 times
    The Bullpup has an external hammer and you won't find a smaller semi auto...

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    2044 times
    A lot of information thanks for sharing. I also have been looking for a smaller pistol i normally carry a CZ85 Combat or my PT 840 but would like a smaller pistol easier to conceal. I've been looking at the TH 40 but have only seen pictures maybe i should be looking for something smaller. A hammer gun is all I will buy (just set in my old ways) I've also have been thinking about a 1911 officer. My BIL has a nice little SAR 9mm that I have shot and seems reliable and accurate enough at close range.As stated before it's fun shopping for a new gun.
    Thanks again for the information several mentioned that I haven't considered
    Taurus PT 840 /Williams Adj, Sites/ 70969
    Taurus PT 92/ AF
    U S Army 73-75 Spec. 4

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links