Think I need an upgrade. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Think I need an upgrade.

Member #
    Liked
    1071 times
    Quote Originally Posted by maloy View Post
    CZ P-07 and get a Kadet kit as well. Probably a bit big. Or go old school with a CZ-83 or a 82'

Maloy
    Name:  SAM_1571.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  4.24 MB P-07 was my EDC for a long time (also have the Kadet Kit) , but I found the one and only Glock I have ever liked to replace ti....G43x.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    "She said her name was Emergency and asked to see my gun....said her telephone number was 911"

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    47651 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't like the G2. It's what I carry, and I think it's great.

I'm with Smokewagon; if you don't like the G2, and you don't want a manual safety, the Glock 19 is your best choice.
    I like having a manual safety on the gun I carry. Practice clicking it off while at the range, and soon it becomes second nature.
    I shot the G2 several times and I found it accurate, there was just something about the way it sat in my hand that I did not like. It did not feel or point natural to me. I may reevaluate it again next time I get the chance to shoot one.

I'm going to check out the SIG365, the Glock 19, and the H&K VP9 - VP9SK - P30 - P30SK. While I would prefer the higher capacity of the larger guns I also still want to be able to pocket carry them.

The Bobd Bull Pup is an option, have a co worker that has one, I need to shoot it a few more times to see what I think.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Member #
    Liked
    24813 times
    I have an FNH FNX-9mm I really like.
    Easy to carry and quite accurate.
    Comes with three 17 rd. magazines.
    Remember:
    Life is short.
    Make sure you spend as much time as possible
    on the internet arguing with strangers about politics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45437 times
    This is high on my list also, but for me too big for pocket carry..

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...ducts_id/97910
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    257 times

Cz-75d pcr

Worth every penny. Wearing VZ grips G10 frag pattern, and Mecgar 15 round mag.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by unclenunzie; 06-07-2020 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Add pic

Member #
    Liked
    558 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang View Post
    Well, first of all, the Diamondback is not the smallest 9 on the market. That honor goes to the Bond Bullpup which has the same footprint as the KelTec P32.

Paul, I understand what you are looking for. I would suggest two different guns: the Glock model 26 and the Bond Bullpup. The Glock is easily pocket carried, that is how I carried mine. There is an item called an X Grip adapter (about $10.00) which when put on a model 19 magazine allows you to use the 19 magazine seamlessly in the Glock 26 giving you a 15 +1 capacity.

The Bullpup is my go to carry gun. It can be pocket carried but I usually carry mine OWB with my shirt out. It is all metal, hammer fired with no external safety. It is surprisingly accurate, easy to rack, has three dot sights, and surprisingly low felt recoil. The one downside is the cost. Most folks can't afford or simply won't spend the cost of the gun. Street price is about $1000 + or - $50. Check out the on line reviews for the Bullpup to learn more.

Have fun shopping....

Don
    The only real drawback to the Bond BP (aside from price) is like it's forefather the Boberg, it's ammo finicky and should you have a problem at the wrong time it's apparently not an quick fix...

Member #
    Liked
    558 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post
    Very nice! Any other upgrades done to it? (CGW/CZC/Mcarbo?)

Member #
    Liked
    20036 times
    For conceal carry and the ability to pocket carry providing that you have big pockets, I would look at the GLOCK 27. The GLOCK 19 is, at least in my mind and pockets too large to be called a pocket weapon. The GLOCK 26 is a smaller overall size than the GLOCK 19, but this does mean a lower capacity magazine than the 19 offers standard.

I suggest the GLOCK 27 over that of the 26 due to the flexibility of the GLOCK 27 which is a SW40 caliber round, but the GLOCK 27 can be converted to fire both 9mm and 357Sig calibers with the swap of a conversion barrel. Conversion barrels will run $150 each or less. The SW40 and Sig357 also use the same magazine. If you are not happy with the standard magazine carry capacity your options for a greater capacity magazine are plenty. Currently I have a couple of 10 round, 13 round, and yes even a couple of 28 round magazines.

If changing to shoot 9mm from the GLOCK 27 you may find the need to purchase a few 9mm magazines and a lighter return spring. Some people can get away with using the magazines and spring from the .40 caliber standard issue, but others report magazine jams and stove pipe issues due to the heavier .40 spring.

And of course the GLOCK pistols probably have the widest offering of aftermarket adds that you could ever wish for.

As for what feels good in the hand as to any pistol, I throw that out the window when looking for a conceal carry choice. I look at a different set of parameters, those being size (can it be concealed and held firmly in my hand), accuracy (no explanation needed), dependable (again, no explanation required), capacity. While I will and do practice with my conceal carry choices, I don't consider them to be my range weapons of choice for pleasure shooting.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    45437 times
    Quote Originally Posted by unclenunzie View Post
    I was poking around to see if the CZ 75 Compact shared grip panels with the PCR since I customized the Pachmyr units on my Compact and found this comparison. (still didn't find about the grips)

https://aliengearholsters.com/blog/c...ompact-vs-pcr/
    “Historically, freedom is a rare and fragile thing . . . Freedom has cost the blood of millions in obscure places and in historic sites ranging from Gettysburg to the Gulag Archipelago . . .That something that cost so much in human lives should be surrendered piecemeal in exchange for visions and rhetoric seems grotesque. Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their ‘betters’.” Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    6948 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    The only real drawback to the Bond BP (aside from price) is like it's forefather the Boberg, it's ammo finicky and should you have a problem at the wrong time it's apparently not an quick fix...
    Do you own a Bullpup? Have you ever shot a Bullpup? Maybe your just parroting something you read or heard from someone else?

The way the Bullpup is designed requires ammunition to have a strong crimp. Most hollowpoints, defense ammo, and also range ammo have the required crimp. Bond provides a list of more than 40 different ammo manufacturers that have been extensively tested by Bond and have shown the required crimp necessary to dependably use in the Bullpup.

I have owned, shot, and depended on my Bullpup as my primary carry gun for going close to 3 years. I have even tried one of the ammunition brands (Blazer) that Bond warns not to use on purpose. The bullet did pull out of the brass 3 times in 4 magazines as reported by Bond. In the first 14 or 15 months I carried the gun I ran 1000 rounds through the gun with zero problems using ammunition on the approved list. At that point I stopped counting rounds.

I have also found that reloads run trouble free through the gun as long as they are crimped correctly. Because the gun is my primary carry I do not carry a regular diet of reloads but I did test 6 boxes (300 rounds) of them with no problems.

I find it is always best to at least shoot a gun personally before reporting something as fact. If you should need a list of manufacturers recommended by Bond let me know and I will gladly post it.

Don

Name:  20191115_064333.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  799.3 KB

Name:  20190712_223150.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  4.00 MB
    Last edited by BangBang; 06-09-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links