Think I need an upgrade. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Think I need an upgrade.

Member #
    Liked
    3319 times
    CZ P-07 and get a Kadet kit as well. Probably a bit big. Or go old school with a CZ-83 or a 82'

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    34664 times
    If there's an emphasis on capacity, my first recommendation is something you've already mentioned; the G2. The Sig 365 is nice, but being me I'd get it with the thumb safety. If capacity isn't as much of an issue, Kimber Micro of of course the 738's big brothers, the 709/740/whatever Taurus is calling them these days.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    1869 times
    Oh it's fun buying new guns:
    Apart from the new carry gun (Glock 43x, Glock19, Sig 365, m&p Shield 2.0 in 9mm);

Don't know the Florida laws but, I'd carry a Chinese or Turkish 870 clone or Maverick 88 in the trunk of the car. $150 .. $200 of "oh well it got stolen".

Other choices for car carry and additional firepower AK or AR pistol with brace; Shockwave or Tac 14; Ruger 10/22 with red dot; Kel Tec cmr-30 w red dot (very cool)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6948 times
    Well, first of all, the Diamondback is not the smallest 9 on the market. That honor goes to the Bond Bullpup which has the same footprint as the KelTec P32.

Paul, I understand what you are looking for. I would suggest two different guns: the Glock model 26 and the Bond Bullpup. The Glock is easily pocket carried, that is how I carried mine. There is an item called an X Grip adapter (about $10.00) which when put on a model 19 magazine allows you to use the 19 magazine seamlessly in the Glock 26 giving you a 15 +1 capacity.

The Bullpup is my go to carry gun. It can be pocket carried but I usually carry mine OWB with my shirt out. It is all metal, hammer fired with no external safety. It is surprisingly accurate, easy to rack, has three dot sights, and surprisingly low felt recoil. The one downside is the cost. Most folks can't afford or simply won't spend the cost of the gun. Street price is about $1000 + or - $50. Check out the on line reviews for the Bullpup to learn more.

Have fun shopping....

Don
    Last edited by BangBang; 06-06-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    1496 times
    I'm surprised you didn't like the G2. It's what I carry, and I think it's great.

I'm with Smokewagon; if you don't like the G2, and you don't want a manual safety, the Glock 19 is your best choice.
    I like having a manual safety on the gun I carry. Practice clicking it off while at the range, and soon it becomes second nature.
    Czechbikr and Fishinkeylargo like this.

Member #
    Liked
    23338 times
    Get another TCP and carry it crossdraw.... aka a "New York reload".
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33393 times
    While I own a Shield in 9mm, and am quite happy with it, I've been looking long and hard at the Springfield Hellcat. They have done an exceptional job in making a gun that is the same size as a Shield but is a double stack mag and holds 13 rounds or so. That sounds really good to me, especially in these days where it's totally conceivable that we may need the extra capacity.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21708 times
    A few years ago one of the major gun magazines did an all-out, shoot 'em till they glow 9mm semi auto handgun shootout. I forget the insanely high round count they mandated, but each gun was documented as to every failure - stove pipe, failure to load, failure to eject, failure to fire, etc. When they reached the end of the test, those guns still functioning were subjected to a "let's see how many more they'll shoot" test. The surprising winner was the lowly Taurus PT-709. I know, they don't make 'em anymore, and if something breaks, Taurus's repair record isn't exactly exemplary, but with a deserved reputation for reliability and a lesser cost (due to the fact it's going to be used, as opposed to new) it's something to bear in mind.
    Every man should own a fine firearm, a fine knife and a fine watch.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23403 times
    I'll toss out another vote for the Sig P365. Been pocket carrying one for 2 years now without issue. The lack of a thumb safety doesn't bother me as I carry a GLOCKs and other "non safetied" handguns. Very comfortable for all day carry in a pocket holster. I carry mine with the accessory 12 round mag. Not sure why the thumb safety is so touted. I carry a Ruger LCP, LCPII and occasionally TCP (all 380ACP) without issue. I don't recall any of Cooper's 4 basic rules of gun safety mentioning anything about thumb safeties, grip safeties or loaded chamber indicators and/or firing pin blocks, for that matter.
    Fishinkeylargo and brojohn like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    2829 times
    S&W M&P 2.0 9 mm compact 15 round mag. I really like mine.
    Hang together or Hang seperately

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links