Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Show 'em if ya got 'em

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23005 times

Show 'em if ya got 'em

A recent thread about a change in a state carry permit format prompted me to do a general query. What does your state gun license/carry permit/pistol permit/etc look like and do you like it?

I'll start. Here is Georgia's Weapon Carry License and what it used to be:
    Name:  592E4FE1-A8EA-440A-A976-46610F565C7F.jpeg
Views: 60
Size:  1.54 MB

I think our new format is better than our old paper card with a fingerprint.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1773 times
    My Pa. LTC permit is very similar to my drivers lic. I hated the paper licenses that I had to laminate myself. Would never fit in my wallet.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33103 times
    The first one has been seen on this site before, it's the new LTC format. I don't have one of these yet, I will after my birthday in 2022.

The second one is what I'm carrying now, with my own pic on it of course.

The third one was the first CHL license I ever had, from 2008.

-
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    daytonaredeye and Smokewagon like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    23005 times
    So, uh, Janice and Jane are . . what? Sisters? Cousins? Or something else?
    DeltaBravoKS and 357Funtime like this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Wow, your's are sophisticated compared to mine. Mine has my name and info. No pictures or color printing. Looks like it was printed from a computer program on to regular copy paper and then laminated.
    Taurus G2c 9mm (2)
    SW M&P Shield 9mm (EDC)
    SW SW9VE 9mm

Member #
    Liked
    35676 times
    PA's is pretty basic..................
    Name:  pennsylvania_concealed_carry_permit.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  14.9 KB
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    6751 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    So, uh, Janice and Jane are . . what? Sisters? Cousins? Or something else?

Well, one of them is 5' 4" tall and the other is 6' 2" tall. That is different...

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    6751 times
    The Florida CCW is very similar to all the other colorful laminated cards. I think the only difference from other States is that Florida does not put the holders address on the permit. Oh, and the Florida permit covers all weapons not just pistols.

Don
    bobbojama likes this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    1628 times
    Name:  Second+Amendment+with+Gun.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  61.1 KB
    I don't need one as we are constitutional carry but for reciprocating states carry I do. I had a Florida ccw when I moved back to MS. It became a non-resident Florida when I informed Florida I had moved. My non-resident FL was reciprocated by more States than a MS resident ccw! I have renewed my FL non res license and its what I use.
    kozmo2k4 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    218 times
    Since counties in Oregon are the ones who issue state CHL's, each county has its own design (although they do all show the same info). Here are some samples found by searching online. Over the years they've changed from feeling like a laminated card made like a student ID to being more like a driver's license. They come in the mail now, and my guess is someone somewhere is using old DMV equipment to make them now.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    PT22, 85 Poly, 865, 605, M44.... what's next?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links