• 6 Post By GarySlider
  • 2 Post By Divebum
  • 1 Post By daytonaredeye

Thread: Handugnlaw.us. . . WV. . . All States. . . Grace Periods to Renew

Member #
    Liked
    575 times

Handugnlaw.us. . . WV. . . All States. . . Grace Periods to Renew

West Virginia - SB46 has been signed by the Governor. It has removed Pepper Spray from the state definition of Lethal Weapon. Those 16 years of age or older can carry it as a defensive tool. The only restriction is you can’t carry on the Capitol Grounds a container of more than 1 oz of pepper spray. This new law doesn’t go into effect until 5/11/20. http://www.wvlegislature.gov/Bill_Te...SUB1%20enr.pdf

All States – Seems like the virus has caused a lot of states to postpone their legislature to a later date with a few adjourning. This has caused a pause in all bills both pro and anti gun being considered in some states. Handgunlaw.us is wondering if the HUGE increase in Gun Sales will have any effect on those Legislatures who return after this disruption. Time will tell.

Some Sheriffs have suspended accepting permit applications. Not only can new applicants not get their permit but those with permits for years can’t renew. One major problem for those renewing is that some states give a grace period to renew and some are considering honoring permits that have expired since the virus outbreak to remain valid for a period of time. This is all well and good if the permit holder stays in the state the permit was issued in but don’t think the states that honor that permit will honor that grace period. Law Enforcement looks at a permit and if it is expired it is not valid in their eyes. They can’t know about every states grace periods etc etc. Use caution if you go out of state with a permit that is expired but your state has extended the validity of your permit/license.

I also noticed early this morning (3/21/2020) that www.handgunlaw.us is offline due to Over Bandwidth. I have informed Steve of this problem. Looks like people are stealing our bandwidth again. Last time this happened a computer was downloading several documents every 10 seconds 24 hours a day using up all our bandwidth . Doesn‘t take long to go over the amount of bandwidth we purchase when they do that. It takes time to track down the person doing this and blocking them. Hopefully this will not take long.
    Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySlider View Post
    I also noticed early this morning (3/21/2020) that www.handgunlaw.us is offline due to Over Bandwidth. I have informed Steve of this problem. Looks like people are stealing our bandwidth again. Last time this happened a computer was downloading several documents every 10 seconds 24 hours a day using up all our bandwidth . Doesn‘t take long to go over the amount of bandwidth we purchase when they do that. It takes time to track down the person doing this and blocking them. Hopefully this will not take long.
    Were they stealing bandwidth or content? Was the intent theft of content or DOS?
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    575 times
    I am not the computer expert. Steve is. But from what I understand someone will set a computer up to check a site for changes etc and they don't do it right and it downloads a page or pages over and over. Then some will have a hot link to our pages on their site and when someone clicks on that hot link it uses our bandwidth and not theirs. What is Hot linking: What is Hotlinking? Bandwidth Theft? Stop Hotlinking and test your Hotlink Protection with our Hotlink Checker from altlab.com. Thing is they have to download a lot of pages for viewing. If you would go and look at 30 different pages on the site that is no problem. We have plenty of bandwidth but then someone does it on purpose or doesn't know what they are doing and like I stated downloads a page or pages over and over and it just keeps it downloading it 24/7
    Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySlider View Post
    Some Sheriffs have suspended accepting permit applications. Not only can new applicants not get their permit but those with permits for years can’t renew.
    "Sorry, but we've turned off your Second Amendment Rights because there's an emergency"

I have a problem with that. What's next, they'll ignore your other Rights, too? You need your Rights during times of emergencies MOST OF ALL. I've said elsewhere, THIS is exactly why the 2A should be the ONLY authority on your Gun Rights, not some state-issued 'licensing' they can turn on and off at will.

Member #
    Liked
    9311 times
    Thanks for all you do, Gary. Yours is the best site on the web when it comes to handgun laws. Funny that there are those out there who are willing to sell you a book with all of the information you provide. Try updating a book as fast as the laws update.

Stay safe.
    GarySlider and daytonaredeye like this.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    I love my country, but I fear my government.
    "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.” Albert Einstein

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22219 times
    Another heartfelt thanks from the forum staff for your input and updates. They are always useful and a lot of us lean on your perspective more than you might think. Keep it up!

DRE
    GarySlider likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links