Will think for food.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Will think for food.....

Member #
    Liked
    35122 times

Will think for food.....

......or is that food for thought.......somethin' like that. Anyway, this happened just down the street in the next town.........
    Police: Franklin Man Threatens to Shoot Local Bar Patrons : exploreVenango.com

Honestly, I never thought disallowing legal, licensed CCers to carry in bars was ever a good idea and this is exactly why. I understand the misplaced fear of many that some drunk might pull his gun for some stupid reason but really, even a loud argument, let alone a minor brawl seems to be as unlikely in a bar as running over Nessie or Bigfoot on your way to the grocery store. However, like ALL no gun zones, it invites loonies like this jackwad to target the patrons within since he knows they're unarmed. Luckily, he didn't have a gun but he very well could've made good on his threats and it might've been a massacre. Pay particular attention to the last paragraph.

777Driver, Sekol and taurustoter like this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    19796 times
    Well, you can't fix Stupid, sober, inebriated, or under the influence.
    kschilk likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6813 times
    Never a good idea to mix bar drinks with when carrying a gun. It is only common sense not to carry if your going out drinking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    In North Carolina the new law has allowed citizens to carry in bars as long as they don't drink.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Member #
    Liked
    35122 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Never a good idea to mix bar drinks with when carrying a gun. It is only common sense not to carry if your going out drinking.
    Even in the old west, it seems very few gunfights erupted in saloons. Nowadays, especially with strict DUI laws, people are unlikely to get "drunk" in a bar and most are just socially drinking so I can't see it really being an issue. People are more likely to get inebriated at home and are either carrying or have guns handy in the house so......does this mean if you are going to drink at home you should get rid of your guns? Should all homes which have alcohol on hand be no gun zones?
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    3689 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    Your right, that's why I quit drinking years ago, because I am always carrying.
    kschilk and tobywan45 like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    442 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
    Even in the old west, it seems very few gunfights erupted in saloons. Nowadays, especially with strict DUI laws, people are unlikely to get "drunk" in a bar and most are just socially drinking so I can't see it really being an issue. People are more likely to get inebriated at home and are either carrying or have guns handy in the house so......does this mean if you are going to drink at home you should get rid of your guns? Should all homes which have alcohol on hand be no gun zones?
    If you are going to drink at home you should empty the guns and lock them away.
    kschilk likes this.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Do your drinking at home or be the DD when you go out. In Ohio it's legal to carry in a bar as long as you're not drinking.
    kschilk and taurustoter like this.

Member #
    Liked
    33499 times
    "Okay, okay, less filling, are you happy now?"
    kschilk likes this.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    27717 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt View Post
    In North Carolina the new law has allowed citizens to carry in bars as long as they don't drink.
    here in Georgy for some time now if licensed you are allowed to carry in any establishment that sales alcohol, the key is that if you are legally drunk (as per a DUI) then you can be arrested.
    of course now as usual I worry a lot more about the gang bangers that don't have a license, nor any training but still carry a gun anywhere they want.
    kschilk likes this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links