I need a new carry method.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I need a new carry method.

Member #
    Liked
    6492 times

Question I need a new carry method.

As I travel North of 70 years old I find things change medically more often than not and cause different changes in my behavior and routine. I am going through one of these new changes and it's no fun.

I have not had high blood pressure in the past so it was quite a surprise this week when I was diagnosted with pulmonary hypertension. This is a fairly rare form of high blood pressure that only takes place inside the lung. In my case it has happened in the upper left side of the lung. Basically it compresses the veins and arteries in the lung which restricts the amount of oxygen that goes to the body. I am told there is no cure but it can be controlled with an inhaler and medication. I cannot walk more than about 20 feet or do any exertion without completely losing my breath.

My problem is I am now dependent on an electric scooter to get around. Sitting on the scooter it is difficult to access my carry weapon in the way that I usually do it. I have been carrying in an OWB holster at about 4:00 but on the scooter with arm rests and the contoured seat I cannot draw without getting up.

My CCW of choice is a Bond Arms 9mm Bullpup. It is small, accurate, and I have no desire to change to something different.

I am thinking a belly bag worn on the front will solve my problem. 5.11 Tactical sells one that has caught my interest. Has anyone had experience with a belly bag? Any thoughts on an alternative way to carry that might address my problem?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas.

Don
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Member #
    Liked
    271 times
    I have used one for concealed carry at particular events during the summer months for concealed carry and it worked out very well. It seems to me that it would be an ideal solution for your situation. I would make one suggestion, however, that is that since most have a zipper closure system, so either find one with Velcro or just keep it unzipped for unhindered access.
    Best of luck to you.
    BangBang likes this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives, if they have made a difference. Marines don't have that problem".
    Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    1838 times
    https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../1/ProductID/6
    Chest pack. Holds you gun, flashlight, wallet, really all of your daily needs on your chest. No more trying to dig into you pockets while seated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gyro_cfi; 03-02-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest we become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. - Cicero 55 B.C.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    19750 times
    Just a thought, would an ankle holster possibly work? From a sitting position it would only be an arm length away.
    brojohn likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    36322 times
    How about a crossdraw? I use it when driving long distances as it is more accessible when seated.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21220 times
    Tote that pistola in your purse....
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31936 times
    Put a gun rack on it and put your AR in it like I do my ATV. Well, I guess you'd have a tough time splainin' it at the door of wally world unless you had a handicapped permit....

Being serious for half a second, look into cross draw holsters.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    8059 times
    Pintle mount between the handlebars.

Name:  lph-1280x800.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  27.8 KB

Seriously, the belly bag or fanny pack thing would work but I like the crossdraw idea better. Simple is better .
    Last edited by jtg452; 03-02-2020 at 03:13 PM.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    11744 times
    I carry IWB at about the 1 o'clock position. Gotta keep the barrel shorter than 4" however. It works very well when drawing from a sitting position.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I have the same medical problem as you and I started carrying cross draw right after becoming mobile again. I can use either hand to draw with sitting ot standing.
    I use either a belt holster or a shoulder holster.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    TrucksNCoffee and BigBlue like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links