I need a new carry method. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I need a new carry method.

Member #
    Liked
    6952 times
    A fanny pack might be something to look at also.

Member #
    Liked
    144 times
    Having similar issues, I think the belt pack is a good idea. At times, I carry my 605 in a shoulder holster. Works good in the cooler months. Here's an odd suggestion. Use a blanket or other cover and tuck it under your leg or something. I've done that in my vehicle when in problem areas.
    2nd Amendment Patriot.

Member #
    Liked
    170 times
    With my age close to yours I've found the OWB cross draw and inside pockets on vests and jackets work for me

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30155 times
    Lots of folks well known an unknown use "fanny packs" regularly...

Attached Images Attached Images     
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    20415 times
    When you say "belly bag" are you referring to a fanny pack?

I use a fanny pack on occasion and it works just fine. My only complaint with the cheapie I bought is all the zipper pull strings are the same color and same length. Something that could be changed easy enough but I haven't bothered with it yet. Perhaps the biggest plus is the pack can be placed anywhere around your waist that works for you.

Member #
    Liked
    5280 times
    BangBang, I like you am over 70, 72 in fact, and like you can only walk a few feet.
    So I also use mobility scooters to get around. I also have Rotator cuff damage in both shoulders, bad enough that I can't remove a handgun from a holster on my side, only cross draw.
    I carry my XD40 in a Serpa holster (OC or CC) at the 1:30 position (I'm left handed) tilted so the barrel is about 30 degrees from parallel to the belt.
    When I go deep CC I carry my S&W 642 in a $5 knockoff (25 year old) of an Uncle Mikes cheapie 4 way (IWB/OWB horizontal or vertical with retaining snap strap) ambidextrous holster.
    One nice thing about carrying the way I do is my hand is always just inches away from my gun.
    Pics of my 642 in the cheap holster. Sorry no pics of the Serpa holster.

Member #
    Liked
    5280 times
    I found a pic of me carrying XP40 in my serpa holster from 6 years ago.
    Since that pic I've added a little more tilt to it.
    BigBlue likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    460 times
    I have pretty much switched back to my old shoulder holsters for all out of pocket carry. Even broke down and bought a new one for my snubby revolver.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    22955 times
    Sounds like you have pulmonary hypertension. I would go with the chest pack noted earlier in this thread.
    Bruntson likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    8281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MOONDAWG View Post
    Lots of folks well known an unknown use "fanny packs" regularly...

And, in these parts, they still scream, "I HAVE A GUN!" unless they are being carried by obvious tourists (we get a few of them), folks in workout clothes near a gym or someone like the OP that's riding on one of the mobility scooters.

With a major military base nearby (I can see the landing pattern for Lawson Army Airfield on Ft Benning by looking out of the window at the home), we have a HUGE retired military population and LOTS of folks riding Hover Rounds and such. Pardon me for sounding harsh, but one more old guy on a scooter that's wearing a fanny pack isn't going to raise any eyebrows on even the most skeptical or paranoid person in town.

Last time I heard, the whole idea behind 'concealed carry' was to blend in with the sheeple. Drawing attention to one's self is kinda the opposite of 'blending in', ain't it?
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links