Taurus Firearm Forum banner

605 IWB Holster Recommendations

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  HikerDude90 
#1 ·
I have been searching high & low for a good IWB holster for my Taurus 605 2" Stainless Steel. I think I've got it down to these three, and would love your thoughts / recommendations on them or if you've used them:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/wal...rossdraw-iwb-holster-revolvers-_8_7_1469.html - Leather. Biggest thing is it says it's for the 85 2" - Has anyone tried this with the 605?

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/shop-all/supertuck-iwb-holster.html - Leather / Kydex. Prefer Appendix carry, but if this is a solid choice I could live with 4 o'clock

https://www.craftholsters.com/kydex-iwb-holster-for-concealed-carry - Kydex. 1 o'clock carry. By far the most expensive, but if it really is "best" I don't mind paying a premium

Ideally the holster I choose would last for a long time. Where I live there isn't much humidity, but temps can range from below single digit temps in the winter to 90s over the summer so something that would be comfortable year round.

I'm really interested in the Galco one because of the speedloader sleeve but I'm concerned the 605 will be too wide for it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
Those that you show are not my first choices. I googled IWB 605 holsters and found numerous holsters because they are the same as 38 snub nose, the more popular gun. On Amazon alone, I found 20+ options. Some as low as $14.99 and other better ones at about $32.00. Those $25+ include free shipping.

Do some more research. I am looking for a good retention and ability to re-holster without difficulty. Let us know what you find.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. I carry mine in a pocket holster. I also have a leather OWB holster and only carry pistols IWB due to the width of the revolver and my own width. :D

As Newt points out, re-holstering is an issue due to the mouth of the leather collapsing. My IWB holsters are mostly Alien Gear Kydex. Let us know how your search goes!

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

#5 ·
First off: Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas.

Like most handgun owners,I have an assortment of different holsters that I've aquired over theyears. The holster that I like best is a Hybrid IWB holster fromFoxX holsters (www.foxxholsters.com). I wear it at the five o'clock position, but it can be worn at anywaist position you like.

I considered a Crossbreedholster, but thought they were too expensive.
I also considered AlienGear holsters, but after reading reviews of their poor customerservice and late deliveries, I decided against them (this was quite a whileago, and I think they have since fixed that problem).
I chose FoxX, and I amvery happy with their product. The basic IWB Hybrid cost just $39,including shipping! And it was at my door one week after I orderedit online.....ONE WEEK! You can also choose from an assortment ofupgrades if you like (horsehide leather, comfort-pad backing, etc). I use the FoxX IWB Hybrid 98 percent of the time when I carry. If I wear it all day long, on a hot summer day without an undershirt, the leather sometimes irritatesmy skin. If I had ponied up the extra $12.50for their velvet-like comfort pad, I probably wouldn't have thatproblem.
When I wear a suit, Isometimes use a PDA holster that looks like a cell phone holster fora big Galaxy Note cell phone, $39.95 (www.pdaholsters.com).
I also have a Clinger“Atomic” holster which I use when I want to appendix-carry in thefront. That's a good holster too, but they don't make the Atomicmodel anymore. Their “Stingray” model, which replaced theAtomic, is $39.95 (www.clingerholsters.com)
Another really goodholster is the Ace Dri-Matrix by Black Arch Holsters. It has aneoprene-like backing which is great against your bare-skin in hotweather, $69.95 (www.blackarchholsters.com).
I use a “Sticky”holster when I just want to carry the gun in the cargo pockets of myshorts.
No one holster will fillall your needs, and your personal preference may be different frommine. I use all of my holsters, but the FoxX gets used the most.
Other holsters you mightlook at are Urban Carry (www.urbancarryholsters.com),and Kangaroo Carry (www.kangaroocarry.com).
Let us know what you decide on.

#6 · (Edited)
First off: Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas.
Second: I carry a G2C

Like most handgun owners, I have an assortment of different holsters that I've aquired over the years. The holster that I like best is a Hybrid IWB holster from FoxX holsters (www.foxxholsters.com). I wear it at the five o'clock position, but it can be worn at any waist position you like.

I considered a Crossbreed holster, but thought they were too expensive.
I also considered Alien Gear holsters, but after reading reviews of their poor customer service and late deliveries, I decided against them (this was quite a while ago, and I think they have since fixed that problem).
I chose FoxX, and I am very happy with their product. The basic IWB Hybrid cost just $39, including shipping! And it was at my door one week after I ordered it online.....ONE WEEK! You can also choose from an assortment of upgrades if you like (horsehide leather, comfort-pad backing, etc). I use the FoxX IWB Hybrid 98 percent of the time when I carry. If I wear it all day long, on a hot summer day without an undershirt, the leather sometimes irritates my skin. If I had ponied up the extra $12.50 for their velvet-like comfort pad, I probably wouldn't have that problem.
When I wear a suit, I sometimes use a PDA holster that looks like a cell phone holster for a big Galaxy Note cell phone, $39.95 (www.pdaholsters.com).
I also have a Clinger “Atomic” holster which I use when I want to appendix-carry in the front. That's a good holster too, but they don't make the Atomic model anymore. Their “Stingray” model, which replaced the Atomic, is $39.95 (www.clingerholsters.com)
Another really good holster is the Ace Dri-Matrix by Black Arch Holsters. It has a neoprene-like backing which is great against your bare-skin in hot weather, $69.95 (www.blackarchholsters.com).
I use a “Sticky” holster when I just want to carry the gun in the cargo pockets of my shorts.
No one holster will fill all your needs, and your personal preference may be different from mine. I use all of my holsters, but the FoxX gets used the most.
Other holsters you might look at are Urban Carry (www.urbancarryholsters.com),and Kangaroo Carry (www.kangaroocarry.com).
Let us know what you decide on.

#11 ·
#13 ·
Hi all - Thanks for your replies and recommendations. I ended up getting two holsters.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

The first is the Galco Tuck-N-Go steerhide - https://www.galcogunleather.com/tuck-n-go-2-0-strongside-crossdraw-iwb-holster_8_1169_1320.html

Handgun holster Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory Everyday carry

It's got good retention, the leather is good quality, and the metal reinforced mouth help with easy re-holstering. My complaints would be the plastic clip feels flimsy like it might break if I put it on wrong, and that it doesn't quite fit my gun the way I would like it to. The barrel doesn't extend all the way to the end of the holster - there's probably another 1" that it can go. This is caused by the threads that push against the trigger guard preventing it from going in any further. This leaves the rear sights exposed slightly. I wish there was less material up front, and more material at the back. Maybe it was made that way on purpose to prevent the rear sights from hanging up when withdrawing? Anyway, overall it's a quality piece that will work especially well for deep concealment (i.e. when tucking in my shirt for church or having a fancy dinner with the wife).

The next holster is the stick holster - https://stickyholsters.com/md-5-medium-sticky-holster.html

Footwear Bicycle saddle Personal protective equipment Bicycle part Silver

I'll be honest - I was extremely skeptical buying this. I read lots of great reviews but I still wasn't sure. I figured for $30 I might as well give it a try and return it if I'm not happy. Well, I've got to say - This is the most comfortable AIWB holster that I've worn. No rough leather or hard kydex to jab me, I can position the gun however I want, and withdrawing isn't a problem at all. It stays in place all day and doesn't move around a lot. With that said, I understand the risk of sticky holsters. I would not recommend this for "heavy duty" use - i.e. running through the neighborhood chasing bad guys or doing . It's more of a light use, walking around the house, going to my car, maybe running a few errands. It conceals very very well, with no visible printing in even my tightest fitting shirts.

So both serve a purpose. I really like the Galco holster - more than the sticky - but the sticky is just so much more comfortable it's hard to skip grabbing it if I know I'm just going to be home or running a few errands.

Anyway, thanks for all the advice & feedback. I got the holsters during the President's Day sale so I was able to pick both up for $60. Not too shabby!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.