• 3 Post By taurustoter
  • 1 Post By mawguy
  • 1 Post By dennisturner

Thread: Best pocket holster for a G2C?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Best pocket holster for a G2C?

I use a G2C for (pocket) concealed carry when I cant carry a belt holster but it tends to slip too deeply in my jeans pocket and get turned. Currently I use a DeSantis pocket holster and for obvious reasons that is not working, the only time I can get it to semi work is if I leave the grip out of my pocket and basically acting like a hook, but I would rather keep it fully inside as few of my shirts are that long (and finding any that are is difficult for me) any suggestions?
    777Driver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1245 times
    I usually use a Sticky holster (stickyholsters.com) when I carry in my cargo pants.
    I've seen a couple videos on YouTube on making a holster out of PVC pipe, heated and shaped.
    That way you can make a custom holster for your particular gun and pocket.

Member #
    Liked
    3596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 9245 View Post
    I use a G2C for (pocket) concealed carry when I cant carry a belt holster but it tends to slip too deeply in my jeans pocket and get turned. Currently I use a DeSantis pocket holster and for obvious reasons that is not working, the only time I can get it to semi work is if I leave the grip out of my pocket and basically acting like a hook, but I would rather keep it fully inside as few of my shirts are that long (and finding any that are is difficult for me) any suggestions?
    Man, I can't carry my G2C in the pocket...too big.
    slong115, Rotorflyr and olfarhors like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    It fits perfectly when I’m wearing shorts but my jeans pocket eats it, I could almost carry a 1911A1 in there.

Member #
    Liked
    3714 times
    What I had to do with my G2 was I took a regular OWB holster and attached a square piece of leather to the bottom of the holster. I got the piece of leather from a hobby shop. Not only does the holster not shift in position but also stays in place when the gun is drawn. On mine the square piece is on the side facing outward, so the outline of the pistol does not print through. I put the gun in the holster and then put gun and holster together in the pocket. I also made one for my lightweight compact .45 1911 type handgun. It's been a couple of years since I did mine, so maybe someone out there might be doing this commercially. I know they were doing this design for the 380 pistols, it's just a larger version.

Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    I carried my PT738 in my front right pocket for years in a Sticky Holster and liked it. I also used a DeSantis which was also good. I now carry my Ruger LCP II in a Vedder Pocket Holster. Here's a link

https://www.vedderholsters.com/pocket-carry/

This is Kydex and has a unique shape that actually fits a front pocket. It is very thin and very secure. Your G2C is a bigger gun, but I think this might be what you are looking for. They are a bit pricey. I considered getting one for my S&W Shield but for me it's too much weight in the pocket. It also eats up most of the space in the pocket too.

Best of luck on the search for the Holy Grail of holsters. [I have a box full]
    pegasus likes this.
    John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.
    [The Shootist-1976]

Member #
    Liked
    27394 times
    Quote Originally Posted by taurustoter View Post
    YEPPERS on that like 12 times!
    waaay to big to COME OUT of a front pocket on any clothing I wear!
    I am about maxed out with the Sig 238, Sig 365 (with standard mag) or the Springfield XDS.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    622 times
    You must have ENORMOUS pockets. I can and have pocket carried a similar sized gun (CZ Rami) in a DeSantis Nemesis with no issues other than that it barely fits into my jeans pocket.
    olfarhors likes this.

Sponsored Links