Walmart's new (Policy)
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Walmart's new (Policy)

Member #
    Liked
    15 times

Walmart's new (Policy)

In regard to Walmart's new policy about carrying a firearm in their stores, i have a friend that only open carries and i'm not sure why but, we were stopped by an employee the other night and he was told he cannot carry inside of their stores.

What comes into question is the legality side of it, from my understanding policy does not trump law, but seeing as it's a private business, are they able to actually "stop" you from carrying in their stores?

Another weird thing about it, they only seem to care if it's open carry and not concealed carry which is strange to me.

Thanks for the read, replies, and help.

Member #
    Liked
    1200 times
    Sheep dogging.
    As long as the sheep can't see it, they don't care. Same at other places like Whataburger. They don't want the sheep they are shearing to be scared and move off before they give up the wooly green backs. I carry a cover shirt so if i need to go near sheep when I'm open carrying i can put it on before the little snow flake melts a puddle in his pants. Firearm carry is just not that hard. Unless you make it so.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Well said, Brother.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32151 times
    Every state is different. In Texas, for example, you have to have certain signage to prevent open carry, and another signage to prevent concealed carry. If they have one sign but not the other, then technically you can carry whichever way they don't have the sign for. However, if you are approached by an employee and asked to leave, well it's time to leave because thats about the same thing as having the signage up. If you're asked to leave, and you don't, then they can call the police and tell them you refused to leave, which could get you a misdemeanor.

You need to read up on your state laws and be prepared for whatever happens. If you don't know what the law is where you are, then you have to depend on (oftentimes) ill-informed people to tell you what they think the law is.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    22257 times
    It's a private business and if an employee asks you to leave, the right thing to do is leave. It's just like going into someone's home. If they ask you to leave, then leave.
    PT1911 - 45ACP, Pietta 1873 SAA - 45LC, PT709SS slim, Heritage RR 6.5" 22LR/Mag dual cylinders
    1939 Tula 91/30 Nugget, Evil Copper and Black Rifle, Savage B-Mag in 17WSM
    Mossberg 535 12ga
    GPS Coordinates to lake where they all reside. Always wear your life vests kids. Boating accidents DO happen.

Member #
    Liked
    33031 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    You need to read up on your state laws and be prepared for whatever happens. If you don't know what the law is where you are, then you have to depend on (oftentimes) ill-informed people to tell you what they think the law is.
    Very very true.

Also true; properly concealed is never a bad choice.
    "It is wonderful, in the event of a street fight, how few bullets seem to hit the men they are aimed at." Ranch Life and the Hunting Trail, Theodore Roosevelt, 1888

Member #
    Liked
    34679 times
    I've banned walmart from all my guns.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    5681 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    Every state is different. In Texas, for example, you have to have certain signage to prevent open carry, and another signage to prevent concealed carry. If they have one sign but not the other, then technically you can carry whichever way they don't have the sign for. However, if you are approached by an employee and asked to leave, well it's time to leave because thats about the same thing as having the signage up. If you're asked to leave, and you don't, then they can call the police and tell them you refused to leave, which could get you a misdemeanor.

Yup. I've carried concealed in Walmart and various other places numerous times with no problem. If you are carrying concealed and are approached about your firearm then you ain't doing it right and need to reevaluate your methodology of how to conceal carry. I also never open carry - I don't like the eyes on me and feeling like I'm flashing a big red sign that says "I GOT A GUN." I prefer gray man stealth.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter U'cover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Rem 870 Exp 12g - Heritage RR .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phx HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Member #
    Liked
    6469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppe's No. 9 View Post
    In regard to Walmart's new policy about carrying a firearm in their stores, i have a friend that only open carries and i'm not sure why but, we were stopped by an employee the other night and he was told he cannot carry inside of their stores.

What comes into question is the legality side of it, from my understanding policy does not trump law, but seeing as it's a private business, are they able to actually "stop" you from carrying in their stores?

Another weird thing about it, they only seem to care if it's open carry and not concealed carry which is strange to me.

Thanks for the read, replies, and help.

It would help if you put down where you live so we know what state you are talking about.

Don
    JimmyA and CaptainMorgan like this.
    I see gun control as waiting in an ambulance at the bottom of a cliff when we should be building a fence at the top!

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27954 times
    In PA. there are no laws against open carry anywhere except Philadelphia, while hunting and while in a car, unless you have a carry permit. You cannot open or conceal carry in a school or courthouse. if you are asked to leave a store for any reason you must obey or you will be subject to arrest for violating trespassing laws. If you are doing concealed carry properly no one in a store is going to know you're carrying.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links