Walmart's new (Policy) - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: Walmart's new (Policy)

Member #
    Liked
    36395 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MadKaw View Post
    Or if you were a bad guy, you'd wait for the armed guy to leave so you could harvest the sheep... wait 10 minutes or risk getting shot... hmm... decisions, decisions...
    Unless the guy was casing the place beforehand, I doubt a BG would notice someone OCing unless they were basically in his face and with their gun side facing him. In a robbery type scenario, they're attention is gonna' be divided and likely more directed to their target, the cash registers. For the most part, the BG has to at least have his gun brandished and threatening you in almost any scenario before you can legally draw yours so it basically comes down to the classic Gunsmoke street fight when you go for your gun. I'll bet if Marshal Dillon had been CCing, the series would've ended right there.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

Member #
    Liked
    911 times
    I carry just about everywhere but secure the weapon so that it isn’t obvious here in Texas. I do obey the 30.06 and 30.07 signs.

Member #
    Liked
    44 times
    Just wear an overshirt. There are many weak minded and fragile people out there today. Most companies most always cater to them. PC has taken over our country.
    pegasus and Flash60601 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Actually, the policy for Walmart is: "We prefer that you do not Open Carry."

There is no policy (yet) that forbids open carry, and their view (no pun intended) is: "If we can't see it, you ain't got it."

I open carry, and carry a concealed Ruger LCP .380, into Walmart, Target, Red Lobster, etc and nobody has asked me to put them away.

I am not law enforcement, but do have my CCL.

Member #
    Liked
    220 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lurpdog View Post
    Actually, the policy for Walmart is: "We prefer that you do not Open Carry."

There is no policy (yet) that forbids open carry, and their view (no pun intended) is: "If we can't see it, you ain't got it."

I open carry, and carry a concealed Ruger LCP .380, into Walmart, Target, Red Lobster, etc and nobody has asked me to put them away.

I am not law enforcement, but do have my CCL.
    Somewhat surprised that it wasn't until the fifth page of replies that the actual situation was presented 😳. To me, it's just not unusual of a request. If your ego is so fragile that it upsets you, then don't shop there, you're unlikely to be missed. Open Carry has been legal in Wisconsin for a long time. We were very late to the Concealed Carry party (Nov 2011) but now have a minimally restrictive law to allow CC. Even with the long standing Open Carry policy, I rarely, if ever, see individuals carry that way in the semi-rural area where I live. Local governments aren't allowed to enact legislation more restrictive than State Law but individuals have the right to prohibit OC and CC on their premises by following the rules of the law. (Specific signage RE: size and location is required and has the force of law).
    I definitely agree with those that believe that Open Carry, while in many places is legal, allowed and/or a "right", just isn't in the best interests of public safety or community harmony 🙂. Just sayin'.
    Flash60601 likes this.
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    24367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bullgunguy111 View Post
    Hoppe's I don't mean to jump your thread but this is similar.....what about on a college campus, either open or concealed? Public universities can't ban OC or CC on campus can they? I get that some colleges are private but what about the community college campuses or state ones?
    We have "campus carry" - must be concealed even tho Open carry is legal in the state - in Ga. with caveats. Our last son graduated a public state college 2 weeks ago and I did my usual pocket carry of my P365. When we got to the coliseum where graduation was being held, there were about 5 walk thru metal detectors set up. I asked a cop manning the entrance if carry permit holders were allowed to carry and he said "no". Only LE credentialed people can carry he told me. I asked him if they had a locker system to place firearms in (in our county courthouse there are lockers in the lobby where people entering can store firearms upon entry) but he said no - best to take it to your car. Which I did. Only cost me 10 minutes. The fact that I had it on campus was never questioned. I have, in fact, conceal carried on many occasions in WalMart since they published their "no OC policy".

Through it it all I never leave my house unarmed. My preference is OC but there is a reason why I own so many pocket sized guns. It has been over two years since I have worn my only IWB belt hook model holster - a Crossbreed Mini Tuck. All my larger model guns each have their own dedicated OWB holster.
    Flash60601 likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

"To own firearms is to affirm that freedom is not a gift from government...As the Founding Fathers knew well, a government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, taxpaying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust."

The possession of arms by the people is the ultimate warrant that government governs only with the consent of the governed.

Member #
    Liked
    28598 times
    MY question is now that the Sheriff of a certain Georgia County that was having a big old "Shop with the Sheriff" kids present buy for the poor children had a Negligent Discharge that injured a teen ager and one of his Captains, this was from his backup gun in his waist band, I am wondering if now the citizen can carry a weapon in Walmart but not law enforcement??
    Talk about a bad day at the office!!!!
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    1749 times
    I meant to update the original thread when I saw this, but I guess I'll put it in this thread.

The walmarts in Texas have updated their door signage as they promised/threatened in their press release after the El Paso shooting.

If you don't look carefully, you will miss it. Not a valid 30.07, just a "request".

I've not set foot in a walmart since their press release.

Name:  walmart_katy.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  222.9 KB

Image retrieved from texas3006.com.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Member #
    Liked
    4203 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bullgunguy111 View Post
    Hoppe's I don't mean to jump your thread but this is similar.....what about on a college campus, either open or concealed? Public universities can't ban OC or CC on campus can they? I get that some colleges are private but what about the community college campuses or state ones?
    They can (and have) in my state.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I've seen more OC in Wally since their policy change than I observed beforehand....and nobody much cares in my town.
    Play stupid games?
    Win stupid prizes.

I think that the signs are for lawyers and newsies.
    I myself went into our hometown Wally one time with an exposed pistol (wardrobe malfunction) and nobody paid me a second glance. I only discovered that my paddle holster was fully exposed when I went to get back in the truck.

My CCL allows me to blow past real 'Guns Prohibited' signs but generally speaking I do not, just out of courtesy.
    I never carry a weapon into someone's home uninvited, and pretty much treat private businesses with the same courtesy.

The only shopping changes I've made with Walmart is ammo purchasing.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links