Walmart's new (Policy) - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Walmart's new (Policy)

Member #
    Liked
    118 times
    At times we can be our own worst enemy. The way I look at it, out of sight, out of mind.
    Last edited by 444nut; 12-12-2019 at 06:01 AM.
    Rickenbacher39 and slong115 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Hoppe's I don't mean to jump your thread but this is similar.....what about on a college campus, either open or concealed? Public universities can't ban OC or CC on campus can they? I get that some colleges are private but what about the community college campuses or state ones?
    daytonaredeye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    25 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 444nut View Post
    At times we can be our own worst enemy. The way I look at it, out of sight, out of mind.
    +1. Just because you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD. And as far as a felon being able to open carry, well, that's just not so - given that a felon can't even possess a firearm unless he wants to go back to the slammer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3057 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bullgunguy111 View Post
    Hoppe's I don't mean to jump your thread but this is similar.....what about on a college campus, either open or concealed? Public universities can't ban OC or CC on campus can they? I get that some colleges are private but what about the community college campuses or state ones?
    I'm guessing this varies from state to state.

Here in KS, governments are not allowed (by state law) to ban guns in government buildings (with very few exceptions) unless they take specific steps (armed guards, metal detectors) to keep all guns out. Basically, if you're going to prohibit citizens from protecting themselves, you'd better take appropriate steps to make sure the bad guys aren't coming in with guns.

Our state universities had a tizzie when this law was passed, and one of our university professors started wearing a bullet-proof vest to class. Apparently he thought he was safer with criminals who meant to do harm than he was with honest citizens. Of course, blood isn't running in the streets of our universities, but many predicted it would.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I don't understand why anyone would want to open carry. If I were a bad guy that person would be the first to take out, he wouldn't know what was coming while standing in the big bra section at Walmart. I mean, why show your hand? And as far as the sheep thing goes, I was Air Force K-9 45 years ago and if someone had a snarly dog I would and still will be somewhat intimidated. Why, because it's showing its hand as opposed to a well-trained dog that is capable but inconspicuous. In other words, our dogs didn't snarl unless there was a threat or were put to task. I'm not against open carry if that is permitted. Just not used to seeing it.
    Rickenbacher39 and slong115 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    27191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by allen723 View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would want to open carry. If I were a bad guy that person would be the first to take out, he wouldn't know what was coming while standing in the big bra section at Walmart. I mean, why show your hand? And as far as the sheep thing goes, I was Air Force K-9 45 years ago and if someone had a snarly dog I would and still will be somewhat intimidated. Why, because it's showing its hand as opposed to a well-trained dog that is capable but inconspicuous. In other words, our dogs didn't snarl unless there was a threat or were put to task. I'm not against open carry if that is permitted. Just not used to seeing it.
    Personal opinions!
    open carry generally is faster of draw, maybe more comfortable carry, many just want to prove they have rights, some want to show off their hardware or impress others?
    lots of reasons I am sure.
    Myself I care really very little on how people carry and are much more concerned with their proficiency, especially their safety habits.
    I carry concealed myself but to each their own.
    kschilk, BigBlue and Stroker like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    413 times
    Personally it's just a matter of comfort level. When I started carrying a gun I don't think there were any "Concealed Carry" permits. If someone carried a gun they did it however they wanted. Many was just a gun in the pocket but others wore a holster and usually a revolver. No one really paid any attention.

I prefer open carry or at times just semi-concealed and I've never found an IWB holster (and I have many Box of Shame holsters) so it's pretty much pocket, shoulder holster or OWB. Since temps down here for most of the year are jess plain hot it's been a decade or two since I've worn a coat; suit coat, sports coat or other kinda coat.

Even today I've never had any unpleasant experiences when carrying openly and quite a few interesting conversations about guns because I was seen carrying.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    34465 times
    Most police don't CC, neither do most soldiers so I'd assume there's some kind of advantage to OC. I do both but with the obvious assumption that while CCing, I've prob'ly cut my chances of survival by more than half. I can produce my weapon at least twice as fast when OCing, which seriously improves my odds of getting off a shot. It still may not be advantage enough but if I'm gonna' die, I'd rather do it with my hand on my gun, than stuffed in my pants. I prefer to OC when it's feasible for the occasion and/or if there's a high possibility of needing to defend myself but CC is certainly better than nothing.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27665 times
    Very rare I open carry and even when I do I also have a handgun in a pocket holster. I can keep my hand in my pocket and wrapped around the butt while the gun is still safely in the pocket holster with the trigger guard protected. It's my favorite way to cross a parking lot and I can present it a lot quicker than any other carry method. Usually it's my P365 or a S&W hammerless snubbie.
    olfarhors and pegasus like this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    36137 times
    Or if you were a bad guy, you'd wait for the armed guy to leave so you could harvest the sheep... wait 10 minutes or risk getting shot... hmm... decisions, decisions...
    kschilk likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links