Walmart's new (Policy) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Walmart's new (Policy)

Member #
    Liked
    27195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppe's No. 9 View Post
    In regard to Walmart's new policy about carrying a firearm in their stores, i have a friend that only open carries and i'm not sure why but, we were stopped by an employee the other night and he was told he cannot carry inside of their stores.

What comes into question is the legality side of it, from my understanding policy does not trump law, but seeing as it's a private business, are they able to actually "stop" you from carrying in their stores?

Another weird thing about it, they only seem to care if it's open carry and not concealed carry which is strange to me.

Thanks for the read, replies, and help.
    Yep!!
    it a PRIVATELY OWNED Company, just like your house to rights to regulate what comes and goes there by YOU!
    public areas are regulate by law and some Government areas.
    the open carry restrictions I understand is to make the Sheep people more comfortable not knowing all you Savages are amongst them carrying those evil guns, if its concealed its out of sight out of mind.
    Nothing more to see, just move along folks.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    27195 times
    Quote Originally Posted by garyh View Post
    I don't open carry, don't want to advertise that I am carrying. Therefore Open carry is not a big concern. Just my opinion.
    I do really, really like seeing the 340 pound lady wearing those furry house shoes with 7 lil snotty nosed kids tagging along and her wearing her Ruger Blackhawk in a hip holster though!
    I am going to miss that when visiting Wally World myself!
    GerSan69 and Dan51 like this.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

Member #
    Liked
    977 times
    Walmart doesn't allow open carry because a lot of People are alarmed by it, concealed carry is fine.
    They wouldn't have said anything to Your friend if He wasn't open carrying, which by the way I think is Someone just trying to show off and making themselves a bigger target for bad Guys in the process.
    To the gun grabbers:
    What kind of malicious intent do You have towards Me that makes You fear the fact that I may have a firearm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    3671 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    I know i am talking to a yankee when they tell me i'm going to jail because none of my guns are registered.
    Although Ohio is technically a northern state, their gun laws are as permissive (or in some cases more permissive) than some southern states. There is no state or city registration here either, and if it's legal to possess under federal law, it's usually legal in Ohio. As far as Walmart's in Ohio, even though open carry is legal under state law, if they see you open carrying in their store they can ask you to leave and if you don't you could be charged with criminal trespass. All this started when some guy open carried an AR into a Walmart soon after the Walmart mass shooting in El Paso.

Last edited by pegasus; 12-09-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    kschilk and YOT like this.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jspdrcrmach5 View Post
    Walmart doesn't allow open carry because a lot of People are alarmed by it, concealed carry is fine.
    They wouldn't have said anything to Your friend if He wasn't open carrying, which by the way I think is Someone just trying to show off and making themselves a bigger target for bad Guys in the process.

Yeah, i can't get him to understand why it's a bad idea. Half the time he doesn't even keep them chambered.

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    If you walk into someone house smoking a cigarette, and they say sorry,no smoking allowed. They have every right to throw your ass out! It’s private property man. Show a little respect
    Dan51 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    34467 times
    I pretty much limit my shopping to local stores that allow dogs, it just avoids a lot of hassle. If they allow dogs, they have no problem with guns and there's a slim chance they'd be crooked. Dogs sense these things in people and they'll tip you off, crooks never allow dogs in their stores.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    123 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppe's No. 9 View Post

Another weird thing about it, they only seem to care if it's open carry and not concealed carry which is strange to me.

Thanks for the read, replies, and help.
    "open carry" anyone can carry, even a felon, "concealed carry" only people that have been backgrounded with clean records can obtain a permit. Out of the two; which do you think is safer in your store?

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctTape View Post
    "open carry" anyone can carry, even a felon, "concealed carry" only people that have been backgrounded with clean records can obtain a permit. Out of the two; which do you think is safer in your store?

We have constitutional carry in Kentucky, so if you can legally own a gun, you can concealed carry without a permit.
    I pretty much only conceal carry, i'd say objectively concealed carry is safer by far. Sure it's a deterrent before anything bad happens, but it also makes a priority if something is going to happen.

Member #
    Liked
    2333 times
    Oh, that's funny. Many years ago I fled San Francisco for Kentucky. I went to a small gun shop before they opened. Two Kentucky boys were sitting on the tailgate spitting dip and playing with guns. One appeared to be an Uzi. I guess I was staring, but they offered me a look and handle. It was great. When the store opened, I got a piece of free advice from one of them-"git them damn California plates off that car as soon as you can, boy."

I still live in Kentucky.
    bigC, YOT, GerSan69 and 3 others like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links