Walmart's new (Policy) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Walmart's new (Policy)

Member #
    Liked
    4100 times
    I agree with Peacemakr -- if they ask you to leave then politely depart. Concealed carry seems to work best and as long as you have your force-multiplier tools with you, who cares if it's visible?

Of course, as Don said, your state would tell us more about the laws. In FL we don't have the open carry option unless hunting or fishing. And even if you carry a sidearm legally while fishing, it's going to be frowned upon. In fact, a number of local gun ranges in Central FL don't want you to be there with a holstered sidearm.
    bjrjar and allen723 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2335 times
    Everybody "knows" what their laws are. I recently had a customer tell me I couldn't be selling a certain knife cause it was "too big" because the blade was longer than the width of his hand. This is absolutely false in Lexington, KY. Many others have told me that "switchblades" are illegal. Once again, untrue in my state. We have a sign up now that says, "Yes, suppressors are LEGAL. Here's how to buy one."

But I only open carry in the field. It's far too easy to cover my weapon, to keep the ignorant ignorant.

Member #
    Liked
    3547 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickthus View Post
    Sheep dogging.
    As long as the sheep can't see it, they don't care. Same at other places like Whataburger. They don't want the sheep they are shearing to be scared and move off before they give up the wooly green backs. I carry a cover shirt so if i need to go near sheep when I'm open carrying i can put it on before the little snow flake melts a puddle in his pants. Firearm carry is just not that hard. Unless you make it so.
    This is a well worded post. It's only as difficult or obvious, if you make it so. I was in Walmart yesterday with the wife, and I was carrying a Taurus G2C, OWB, in an Alien Gear kydex rig...no problems with concealment, just gotta have the right wardrobe and belt/holster.
    BigBlue and chefduane like this.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1153 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post
    Everybody "knows" what their laws are. I recently had a customer tell me I couldn't be selling a certain knife cause it was "too big" because the blade was longer than the width of his hand. This is absolutely false in Lexington, KY. Many others have told me that "switchblades" are illegal. Once again, untrue in my state. We have a sign up now that says, "Yes, suppressors are LEGAL. Here's how to buy one."

But I only open carry in the field. It's far too easy to cover my weapon, to keep the ignorant ignorant.
    I know i am talking to a yankee when they tell me i'm going to jail because none of my guns are registered.
    DeltaBravoKS and GerSan69 like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    27716 times
    There are four states that I'm aware of that have gun registration, California, New York, Maryland and Hawaii. The District of Columbia also requires gun registration. Michigan, New Jersey and Washington are known to collect data on gun sales. You can bet that those are the places where confiscation will begin.
    kschilk likes this.
    NRA-Patriot Endowment Life Member-Benefactor Level
    GOA-Life Member
    SAF-Member
    Deplorable-Life Member
    DADDD Member-Dads Against Daughters Dating Democrats

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who didn't." -- Ben Franklin

“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act” — George Orwell

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredward View Post

We are also in Kentucky, doubt my friend will comply unless he (has) to, so unless he "legally" has to leave or stop open carrying in there, he won't. Do you know much about the situation with Walmart in our state?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppe's No. 9 View Post
    We are also in Kentucky, doubt my friend will comply unless he (has) to, so unless he "legally" has to leave or stop open carrying in there, he won't. Do you know much about the situation with Walmart in our state?
    You'd have to get a lawyer from KY to give you a competent readout of the laws in your state, but in general, a business owner has the right to deny service to anyone and if they refuse to leave they can be hauled off by the cops for breaching the peace, trespass, or a variety of other simple crimes. Of course, there could be all kinds of civil suits if you deny service to some kind of protected class of persons, but gun-toting isn't a protected class of which I am aware.

You can probably legally carry any where you have dominion. If it is someone else's property, you must (in general) abide by their rules. As far as I am concerned, the government has meddled in private affairs so much, business owners have very little control over their property, so you'd better be careful whom you exclude. But no one in government (or the general public) is going to be concerned if a private business throws out a gun-toter. It's the age in which we live...
    Gopher and Dan51 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    34508 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    There are four states that I'm aware of that have gun registration, California, New York, Maryland and Hawaii. The District of Columbia also requires gun registration. Michigan, New Jersey and Washington are known to collect data on gun sales. You can bet that those are the places where confiscation will begin.
    It all depends on what you consider "registration". Although there may not be an actual "gun registration" in a state, I consider any firearm purchase that can be tracked back to an individual as being a registered firearm. If you make a legal purchase where there is a background check and a record of sales, that weapon can be tracked back to you by serial# and date/location of purchase. If it can be tracked, it's essentially registered.
    allen723 likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Member #
    Liked
    6697 times
    I don't open carry, don't want to advertise that I am carrying. Therefore Open carry is not a big concern. Just my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    36148 times
    I would give that Walmart store manager a phone call and politely ask if this is store or corporate policy. I have not seen any corporate announcement about a change of policy (doesn't mean it hasn't happened). Could be the manager, could be a flunky punching above his weight. Our local stores still don't notice.
    YOT likes this.
    Keeper of The Pledge

GCS d? s+: a+++ C++ UL++++ P+ L++ E W++ N++ o+ K- w
    O M-- V-- PS+++ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t 5++ X- R+ tv+ b++++ DI++++ D+
    G-- e+++ h---- r+++ y+++ PL++++

∀xx ∃xy | xx∇xy > 0

If the Russians hacked Clinton's email then she is guilty of a felony for exposing classified information to a hostile government.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links