Seeking heavy duty pants for EDC, preferably sold by Amazon. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Seeking heavy duty pants for EDC, preferably sold by Amazon.

Member #
    Liked
    9386 times
    I am a 5.11 guy but I like the looks of those Duluth products.

May give them a try soon.
    Tuco_Ramírez and william like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2417 times
    UPDATE:

My pants just arrived in the mail and here are my first impressions. The fabric feels very durable and thick, (less like typical cotton canvas and more like denim) these pants are honestly thicker and more durable feeling than a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor hi-tops, which says something considering that Chuck Taylors were designed as basketball shoes and therefore are quite durable. Upon trying them on for size I'm happy to report that they fit quite well, or at least as well as any pants fit my odd build. The legs are longer than I need them to be, but such is par for the course with me as I'm oddly shaped with a broad waist yet rather short legs. I stand 6ft tall and weight 200lbs, but my legs are disproportionately stubby. So although the waist fit is perfect for IWB carry at size 40x30, the legs are a bit too long so I have to cuff them a bit.
    Comfort-wise, they're acceptable, but feel a bit rough in texture as well as stiff, but considering that I'm trying them on right out of the box without washing them first, such isn't unexpected and I'm sure that they'll become more comfortable as well as flexible after I've worn them in and given them a proper wash.

I plan to wear them throughout tomorrow while I'm out and about, so hopefully they'll have loosened up a bit after a typical day's worth of walking, stretching, bending, crouching, etc, but they may just be so starched from the factory that they'll need washing before they loosen up.

I like how deep the pockets are, as one of the main reasons why I wanted cargo pants was so that I could more easily carry everything in my ever-growing EDC rotation.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    5.11 are good to go. I also like the tactical operators and atlas pants from LAPG. Someone suggested a gun belt. I would definitely do that as well. Hanks belts are decent.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    29929 times
    Duluth makes some rugged work clothes, but at $30 per T-shirt can get pricey quick.

Shop around; the deals are out there. As has been said Amazon has some good deals.
    william likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    2417 times
    So far my 5.11 Pants have held up extremely well and still look the same as the day I bought them. They're heavy yet comfortable, regardless of weather it's warm or cold. I really like all the pockets because they make it easy for me to carry everything without issue.

My current EDC includes the following:

• Wallet
    • Keys
    • LG Rebel Phone
    • Ruger LCP
    • Spare LCP Magazine
    • Cold Steel TI-Lite
    • Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE (Belt)

Yet I still have room to spare, even on days when I carry more for specific tasks. So I'm very satisfied with them and will likely be buying more in the future, including their Tac-Lite pants and shorts for Summer.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    5609 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    What you need is a good quality gun belt rather than heavy duty pants. A good double layer leather gun belt such as sold by Crossbreed Holsters.
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belts/gun-belts.html
    I have been using one for at least 6 years now and it is still going great.
    +1 on that. IMHO a good gun belt is more important than the pants. I wear regular cargo/tactical pant from 5.11 and some from TruSpec and LA Police Gear. The belt I wear (actually I have 2) is a Kore Essentials Tac belt, ratcheting type. Best belt I've ever worn. Chefs tend to beat up pants pretty well and need to carry a bunch of junk and the above work best for my situ. But the belt is most important. I will check out Duluth Pants - I do like their commercials!
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31793 times
    I've tried several tactical pants including Levis and LA Police Gear and these are the best I've found. They're not expensive either like the Levis and they're a little more plain stated with less garbage on 'em like the carabiner strap on the Levis which just gets in the way. They are strong/durable and blood won't stain 'em easily. I blood soaked mine a few times and soaking in oxyclean worked well. I need to order another pair or two. I only have one pair, but I usually wear wrangler cargoes with the zip cargo pockets. They're lighter and less durable, but I like the zip pockets for riding motorcycles.

https://www.amazon.com/CQ-TLP104-CYT...ords=cqr+pants
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    31793 times
    As for belts, I really like the web belts like posted here. These are stiff, really work well for CCW, and do not mold themselves to your shape. And, they're very durable. They're a little tough to put through belt loops, but not bad if you remove the buckle (easily done),

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=tactical+...ref=nb_sb_noss
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    I have four or five pairs of "tactical" pants that I wear on a regular basis. I like the 5.11 pair i have but detest the "carabiner" strap that goes across the opening of the right rear pocket! I keep telling myself to just cut it off but have yet to do so. I also have a pair of Blackhawk (again "tactical") pants that I would wear more often but I'm waiting for my wife to hem up the legs a bit to keep them from dragging on the pavement. BTW, I put "tactical" in quotes because they are pretty much NEVER worn in a tactical situation! My "tactical" days are clearly over. I like the way they fit and look. They're durable and don't require special washing but I will say that they never go into the dryer! Another brand to consider is Guide Gear by Sportsman's Guide! They ARE available via Amazon.com. I have two pair of them and like them very much. They are designed for outdoor enthusiasts i.e. are a bit less "tactical' but still lend themselves to easily handle more than the average EDC load. Another favorite of mine is the Wrangler Authentic Issue cargo pant. These too are available on Amazon.com. They are a little less heavy duty and less "tactical" but still lend themselves nicely to those of us with EDC needs. In the case of the Duluth Trading Co., Carhart and 5.11, it's my feeling that the name alone accounts for a huge portion of the cost. The Guide Gear and Wrangler lines are considerably less expensive. I have to mention that the 5.11 pants were purchased at a church rummage sale ;-)! $2 IIRC!!
    Flex
    "A man has got to know his limitations." HC

Member #
    Liked
    9386 times
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought a pair of these a while back. They are less expensive than the 5.11 pants and I
    think I like the way they fit better.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads | My Threads | My Posts

Sponsored Links