how many holsters? and longevity? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: how many holsters? and longevity?

Member #
    Liked
    1266 times
    I have both Leather holsters and Kydex holsters,if I can't use one I use the other with whatever i'm CC'ing.

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    A well made holster will last nearly a lifetime if not longer. This one here was made in 2000 and gets used on an almost daily basis. One can see it is well used but it still looks great and works as well, if not better, as the day it was made.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jtg452 likes this.
    Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    I found that collecting holsters was as much of an addiction as collecting firearms. So, in an attempt to save money from one to afford the other, I started working leather again a few years ago. Now I have holsters/sheaths/skins for whatever I can buy to put in them. When I don't have the right fit or application, I just custom make a pattern and build one out. Yes, it can be an expensive hobby, but still cheaper than buying custom holsters for all the toys.Name:  MA holsters.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  155.1 KB
    WE WILL NEVER FORGET 9 1 1 “The right of self-defense . . . is founded in the law of nature, and is not, nor can be, superseded by any law of society.”
    Sir Michael Foster, judge of the Court of King’s Bench, wrote in the 18th century.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3161 times
    For CCW, I use Kydex specifically for the model. Open carry with revolvers I usually use Uncle Mikes, or Bianchi pancake of the old Ranger series.

For open carry of most of my semi-auto is a Bianch UM84/M12 with a web belt. This rig is over 30 years old and works fine. Otherwise it is a Bianch pancake Ranger series.

My SAA's in a Kirkpatrick "Duke" rig.

Other than the Kydex, most of my holsters are 30 years or more in age. My oldest Kydex are 4-5 years old.

Maloy

Member #
    Liked
    30013 times
    Don't know any curmudgeons down my way that don't have several shoe boxes full of vintage leather holsters squirreled away.
    jtg452 likes this.
    NULLI SECUNDUS

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Well I only have a shoulder holster for my S&W 9mm but just ordered a leather belt clip holster for my M605 from Rohn Stearns in Niles, OH. I have seen several of the ones he makes and love their looks.

Member #
    Liked
    233 times
    When I worked plain clothes I carried my S&W M65 and later a Sig 239 in leather pancake holsters made by J.W. O'Rourke, out of Alabama I think. I met J.W. 20 years ago at a gun show in Tulsa and was impressed with his leather work. Never had a problem with any of this holsters. Very well made and durable. In the last year of so I bought an Azula IWB holster off of Amazon and very impressed with the quality of leather and workmanship. It carries by Taurus PT99. And yes like most, I have a box or two of holsters that didn't quite make the cut. I also have a Bianchi vertical shoulder holster for the large semi-autos or revolvers.
    My 2 cents.
    Most guns out shoot most people.
    Taurus PT 92 series.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    21757 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderRed View Post
    I found that collecting holsters was as much of an addiction as collecting firearms. So, in an attempt to save money from one to afford the other, I started working leather again a few years ago. Now I have holsters/sheaths/skins for whatever I can buy to put in them. When I don't have the right fit or application, I just custom make a pattern and build one out. Yes, it can be an expensive hobby, but still cheaper than buying custom holsters for all the toys.Name:  MA holsters.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  155.1 KB
    And that is a nice hobby and nice collection. Back when I could still walk normally I was a golf junkie. I built my own clubs, reshafted, regripped, etc to my own choosing. I even bought heads from different manufacturers and built the club to my preferences. The only thing I had to take to the shop to do was reworking lie angles as this required specialized equipment. I spent quite a bit ordering my clubheads (from used clubs) on eBay.

Fortunately, guns/ammo is a cheaper hobby and you don’t have to walk normal or keep a steady stance while swinging a club to participate. One’a these days I’m gonna get off my lazy duff and get into reloading. I bought a complete Dillon progressive reloading setup about 8 years ago and it remains boxed where I put it.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    3338 times
    I have a couple but not as backups but for different modes of carry. You know jogging pants/basketball shorts, pocket carry and pants with belts. They're all IWB but looking for appendix style or one of mine now.
    Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted!

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I got the holster I ordered for my M605 today and really do like it.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links