Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Walmart decision.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    609 times

Walmart decision.

The decision by the Walmart Corporate management to no longer allow " Open Carry " in their stores has made Walmart a more dangerous place to shop.

They must not have given this decision much thought.
    brojohn and 777Driver like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2508 times
    Yep- they only thought of waving their "no gun" flag in hopes the community would see them as someone wanting to protect them from harm.

They never thought to stop and "think" about just how many of their customers are not stupid.

I'm about ready to cross walmart off my list anyway- because of other changes they have recently made with respect to older employees, self check out, and congestion in the aisles.
    taurustoter and Panda like this.
    a.k.a. Higgy Baby

Member #
    Liked
    6566 times
    Since they also stop selling ammo for hand guns and the ammo for AR's. I believe they will loose customers also, This is one person who will shop else where.
    gbusmech likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33541 times
    They’re not saying you can’t carry at all, just cover that openly carried pistola and walk right on in.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    783 times
    The decision seems to be based on the work of antigun activists from urban areas and NOT WALMART CUSTOMERS.

This is eyewash and nothing more,

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times
    Uh, gbusmech, can’t see your post.^^^^^^^^ #5 above.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33541 times
    Ditto.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    34105 times
    I sorta' doubt these walmart shooters were walking into the store for the first time and if on their previous visits, they'd observed even just a few people open carrying, they prob'ly woulda' picked a different venue.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Ammo will get you through times of no money, better than money will get you through times of no ammo.

I miss my 286.

#Neverwarren

Welfare...funding the illegal drug trade since 1935.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    20895 times
    As Walmart is owned out of Bentonville, Ark., it is ironic that Arkansas joined the Constitutional Carry list of states so recently.
    taurustoter likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member

The Declaration of Independence states that the sole purpose of government is to secure the inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. And, if it fails, the people are justified in getting rid of government, not the rights. - Judge Jeanine Pirro

The first lesson in economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson in politics is to forget the first lesson in economics. - Thomas Sowell

Member #
    Liked
    17679 times
    The article i read about walmart said that ammo sales amount to like 2% of the annual profit, so loosing that probably isn't a big deal to them, the no open carry but can still concealed carry i think is a very poor way of trying to please both groups, fact is, walmart has pushed many smaller businesses out of business, and are the only option for a good portion of the country, no matter what you might hate about the place, if its the only place to get your food without having to drive 2-3 hours, very few people are going to stand firm on saying they wont go there due to this. when faced with both higher prices, and a long drive to get essentials.

I could see them stopping the sale of ammo that was used against them in 2 places inside 1 week, but my understanding was both incidents were rifle related, not handgun so stopping the handgun ammo is kind of odd to me. Could be wrong and one could have been handgun. not sure. They also i noticed in the same article i first read about this move, said that they are going to sell off current stock, just not order more once it is out. So it isnt like they are actually taking a real stance that costs them money, they are selling inventory they dont want to carry anymore, then not carrying it. I think the stance would have meant more if they pulled that inventory and destroyed it. Instead of the, we dont like this, but please buy it at a non-discounted rate.
    "Let's get on our knees and pray. I don't know to whom. Is there a patron saint of ballistics?"-Adam Savage
    Its never wrong, it just hasn't been fixed right yet. -TSH

If Guns Kill People. I guess Pencils misspell words, Cars drive drunk & Spoons make people fat.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links