Walmart decision. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Walmart decision.

Member #
    Liked
    1103 times
    Smokewagon is right, Walmart says no "OPEN-carry" of firearms, which I think is understandable given recent events.
    Seeing someone walking around with a firearm on their belt when they are obviously not a LEO is a little unsettling.
    And it's darn near insighting a panic when someone walks around with an AR-15 straped to their back, like that idiot in, what was it, Missouri?
    I'm just glad they didn't post a "No-Guns Allowed" sign.

I am more concerned about their reduction in ammunition announcement.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    377 times
    The only sign in our Walmarts in Denton Co. is this.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    33271 times
    In Texas, that's liable to change to a 30.07 sign.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1700 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 777Driver View Post
    Seeing someone walking around with a firearm on their belt when they are obviously not a LEO is a little unsettling.
    I'm a female who is barely 5 feet tall. I open carry my handgun. I'm counting on making the criminals "unsettled" when they see me, and choose a different victim.

I'm still not sure why normal people (non-criminals) see this in front of them:

And translate it into being this:
    taurustoter and pegasus like this.
    PT140 | TCP738 | PT809 | M405 | PT840 | PT609 | PT845 | M65 | PT1911 |
    PT24/7 Pro C DS .45 | PT24/7 Pro OSS DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro DS .40 | PT24/7 Pro C DS .40
    Sand Lake 2015 | 2016 | 2017 [pending]

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    583 times
    Given that I have never purchased any ammunition or firearms from Walmart, their change in policy for ammunition and firearm sales will not have any affect on me.
    Here in Florida we do not have open carry yet (I wouldn't open carry even if we could legally do so) so I concealed carry wherever I go anyhow.
    If a given business decides they do not want to allow legal carry, they no longer get my business.
    Walmart lost my business a few years ago when I decided that there was nothing that I absolutely had to buy from them.
    All too often, when I went to Walmart to buy something, I ended up leaving without it because I could not find the item I wanted in stock.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31470 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dlr110 View Post
    The only sign in our Walmarts in Denton Co. is this.

In Texas, that means you carry as normal. Like Smoke said, if they put up 30.07, then you'll have to stick to concealed carry.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    16807 times
    Add Kroger to the list too. I've only open carried once since it became legal in Texas. I use IWB and pocket holsters exclusively. I don't like Krogers and I've avoided Walmart for quite a few years now, after an incident involving a wrongfully fired WallyWorld employee. Several of you other guys said you weren't going back either, but that was years ago so, c'est la vie. The last time I was in a Walmart parking lot was to sell a PDW stock to a guy through Texas Gun Trader. After recent events I can understand why they would want an open carry prohibition, but don't really like that they knuckled under to the madding crowd.
    taurustoter likes this.
    Children, pets, and slaves get taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

When Democracy turns to Tyranny

I still plan to vote.

Member #
    Liked
    106 times
    Well, my standard reply to concerns of this sort is...

Mr. Walmart’s house, Mr. Walmart’s rules. Y’all don’t sweat this. Not important in the Grand scheme of things. Not bein’ rude, just MHO.
    "Maybe some day men won't have to wear guns. The way things are now, they do." -- Marshal Dan Troop

m-w.com : clip > 2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also: a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

Member #
    Liked
    3261 times
    The thing about this that bothers me is that the .223 Remington is first and foremost a varmint/sporting round, and NOT a military round. If Walmart was really doing as they said, and that was not to sell "military" calibers, then I could see them not stocking 5.56 x 45mm, 7.62 x 51mm, or 7.62 x 39mm, certainly since the Walmart shooter shot the place up with a rifle chambered in the Russian round.

That also begs the question about the .308 Winchester, another hunting/sporting round. Besides, since that turd shot up that store with an AK pattern rifle, what is the deal with handgun ammo? You can tell some corporate wiener and a lawyer thought this one up, without even consulting anybody in the know on firearms.

It's all just more posturing to an American public that cannot think for itself anymore. It's all so typical for today's American...low hanging fruit, just waiting to be picked.
    Are we there yet?
    USMC 83'-87'
    Indiana CCW, Utah CCW
    NRA Member

Member #
    Liked
    5237 times
    OK, so you can't open carry in Walmart or Kroger. I conceal carry at all times anyway. But what if you conceal carry in a Walmart AND wear a shirt that openly says "I AM CARRYING A HANDGUN, YOU JUST CAN'T SEE IT." What are they gonna' do then? I mean, the fact that you're carrying a gun (and you better be) is pretty much advertised openly but it is not truly openly carried. Doesn't openly advertising that you are carrying a gun serve the same purpose as, well.. openly carrying that gun? Am I missing something here?

Heck, I might just start a business selling t-shirts with a screen printed Glock 43 on the front and "I am carrying a Glock 43" printed on the back. Hey, what about THIS t-shirt:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links