Small-of-back retention holster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Small-of-back retention holster

Member #
    Liked
    19217 times

Small-of-back retention holster

A couple of weeks ago, a good friend got up from his folding chair in a room at church, and his concealed pistol "unconcealed" itself from his small-of-back holster* and fell to the floor. He quickly picked it up and no one said anything, mostly because it's well known in our church that we have a Safety and Security Team mingled among the membership. He told me, this morning, that when we meet for breakfast tomorrow he'd like to talk about getting a small-of-back (I'd use the initials, but then I might have to ban myself) retention holster.

Any suggestions on what works or doesn't work for you?

(*We both already know the arguments against small-of-back carry. This thread is not about that.)

Member #
    Liked
    4731 times
    I've never tried one but when I've talked to others that have I haven't heard any comfortable versions other than Galco and Desantis leather versions.

Member #
    Liked
    19217 times
    My friend can work around the comfort thing, he's mostly concerned with retention.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5931 times
    I would think any left hand, if he is right handed, IWB holster would give him retention. If he wants a soft holster with a strap look at Uncle Mike's. Sticky or Remora might also be a good bet.

Don
    Trotline likes this.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit; there are footprints on the moon!.... Unknown

Member #
    Liked
    303 times
    While considering another holster where it is worn can have a big effect on both comfort and security. Too often I see folk wearing an S-O-B holster in the middle of their back. That is a recipe for getting hurt, discomfort and having the gun knocked out. Just moving the holster from the spinal area to the naturally softer padding over the kidney area often improves security, comfort and concealment.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    I'm on my 2nd Uncle Mike's, my first lasted for 15 years worn almost daily and my latest one I picked up at Walmart for under $20. It a comfortable holster has a pouch for extra mag and for me it's the most comfortable place to carry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    6324 times
    I prefer a pancake holster myself. I also have a shoulder holster that works well for church.

Member #
    Liked
    4336 times
    I'm a huge fan of custom leather, BUT in warm weather in the south I sweat, a lot. The rig papajim suggested is great. I carry a small Glock 45 acp in one in warm weather. Like having extra mag, gun is secure yet easy to get. Never had a problem. Small of back is my favorite carry position but doesnt work for everyone.
    papajim likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    Old Redneck I totally agree, I live in a swampy area on the Nature Coast of Florida and being covered in sweat is given that's why I like this setup not to mention it is very comfortable.

TheOldRedneck likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19217 times
    Quote Originally Posted by papajim View Post
    I'm on my 2nd Uncle Mike's, my first lasted for 15 years worn almost daily and my latest one I picked up at Walmart for under $20. It a comfortable holster has a pouch for extra mag and for me it's the most comfortable place to carry.

Do you have a model number on this Uncle Mike's holster, papajim?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links