Pro CCW Establishment - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pro CCW Establishment

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Back in the 90s i was working on the road out in Texas doing land reclamation at a strip coal mine. A Six month job on federal controlled land. AKA no firearms. I was driving back to the job site from Sam's club. I had to get a few cases for oil, antifreeze and other maintenance supplies to do the oil and flush before we went home for X-mass week. Big pain doing that on federal job site. As i was driving on the two lane county road i came over the little raised bridge they put over creeks because of flash floods in the Brazos country. As i came off the dirt rise i saw a four point buck in the grass right where the HWY dept. stops cutting it. He was sitting and i expected he to jump and run. Hopefully not in front of me but he just laid his horns back and tried to hide in the grass. Yea, i knew what was up now and i didn't have anything in the work truck. As soon as i got back to the job site i shut down production and told my guys to bring the equipment in and shut it down for maintenance and the fuel truck was due in 15 minutes as well. It was 11 AM so i took a lunch order and headed out to the one and only place a round. The mom and pop BB-Q place was great.
    We had been eating there for months so i was not unknown at this point. When i walked in i announced "Who's got a gun ! " Every body got quiet . All seven of them lol. The owner, cook and counterman ask why. I said there is a deer broke down on the side of the rode and.... Everyone in the place pulled a piece of cold steel at the same time! The guy behind the counter had pulled a pump .22 rifle. I gave him the lunch order and he gave me his rifle. Two young men sitting at a table jumped up and asked to come. I wasn't sure if the deer had been hit by a car or shot by a hunter but was hurt and tried to hide in the grass and not run off. When we got to the spot on the road i pulled off in the grass where i had seen it. Nothing, no blood , no deer. The two twenty year olds said he gone and gave up quick. I said hold on, he didn't go far. The grass went from knee high mowed to waist high un-mowed. I said spread out and move in a little . First step in high grass and he jumped up right in front of me. I snapped shot him in the heart. He tried to run but his back legs didn't work so when he jumped up he rolled forward and came back up on his front when i shot him center mass. No need to shoot again. They though it was a great shot and i'm a highly skilled hunter. Well yes i am, that is why i hit him when he scared the beejesus out of me. That skill was muscle memory and fear. All great hunters have the natural ability to say i do it all the time while trying to see if they peed themselves . We got back just in time for my order to be ready. I thank him for the rifle and asked if i could leave it out back for a few minutes while i ran lunch in for my work crew. He said what time was i getting off. Just come by after work and he would have it ready. The buck had been hit as one back quart was busted up bad. He had it butcher and rapped and shared out, To cool. I just get tickled by everybody , even a woman eating with her husband pulled a shooting iron of some kind when i said buck deer.
    Last edited by Ickthus; 08-05-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    4003 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sig_230 View Post
    It's at 416 State Rd 16 Rio, WI 53960.
    Little 'fur piece from outside of Memphis, however, definitely a Wisconsin bucket list establishment to visit....bet their brats are most worthy....

Linky to them....note wild game processing....they ARE good folks

https://johnsonssausage.com/
    https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/si...gpic4401_1.gif
    "Humans more important than hardware."

Member #
    Liked
    668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Trotline View Post
    Little 'fur piece from outside of Memphis, however, definitely a Wisconsin bucket list establishment to visit....bet their brats are most worthy....

Linky to them....note wild game processing....they ARE good folks

https://johnsonssausage.com/
    Long haul for me. I would have to drive around Ill in ois. I don't like to leave the country and be in a hostile country with dangerous cities unarmed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32599 times
    There was a steak place nearby that recently closed up (IRS issues), where the owner/cook, wore an old West gun belt with an old loaded six shooter in it. ‘Course he welcomed like minded patrons.
    gyro_cfi likes this.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links