Techna-Clip
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Techna-Clip

Member #
    Liked
    4812 times

Techna-Clip

I bought a techna clip for my shield for ultra thin carry option, my problem is it sits so high on the gun that it actually sits completely inside my waist band of my pants making it almost impossible to draw without a bunch of effort. Anybody use these and have any suggestions?
    Name:  20190727_212405.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  2.71 MB

Member #
    Liked
    5130 times
    Suggestion- Take it off and throw it away.
    I had something similar on a P3AT years ago. Every time I fired the gun it would slice my hand.
    Good idea but fails in execution every time.

Member #
    Liked
    5411 times
    I used something similar but as an OWB option. Worked great if OWB is your thing. It is reversible? Could you just unscrew it and roll it over to the other side of the slide? Or return it for a left side clip - looks like Technaclip offers that option on their website. Just a thought.
    Taurus PT111G2 - Ruger LCPII - Charter Undercover .38 Spc - M'berg Mav88 Pistol Grip - M'berg 715T - Charles Daly Superior 12g O/U Trap - Heritage Rough Rider .22LR/WMR - Henry Classic Lever .22LR - Marlin 336W .30-30 Lever - Phoenix HP22LR - NAA .22WMR Mini-Revolver w/ Pocket Clip - GSG 1911-22 - Hi-Point 995TS - H&R Young American .32 Safety Hammer NF (circa 1890)

USCG '77-'83 Semper Paratus - CGC Point Evans WPB82376 - MSO LA/LB SaR & Drug Interdiction Response Team

NRA / Tx LTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4812 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chefduane View Post
    I used something similar but as an OWB option. Worked great if OWB is your thing. It is reversible? Could you just unscrew it and roll it over to the other side of the slide? Or return it for a left side clip - looks like Technaclip offers that option on their website. Just a thought.
    It is reversible. I'll try that and see if it's any better. I've got one on my glock 27 and it works great.

Member #
    Liked
    4812 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeper1 View Post
    Suggestion- Take it off and throw it away.
    I had something similar on a P3AT years ago. Every time I fired the gun it would slice my hand.
    Good idea but fails in execution every time.
    I can't see any way this thing could make any contact with my hand unless I get a really high grip on it.

Member #
    Liked
    5130 times
    I should have mentioned I'm left-handed.

Member #
    Liked
    889 times
    Hmmm.....IWB with nothing covering the trigger on a striker-fired weapon? Ummm.....I'll pass (but then I am mostly a revolver guy, anyway).
    Okie21 likes this.
    Scott USMC 1969-1973/BTPD 1975-1979

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31646 times
    If that gun doesn't have a manual safety, I'd say that you're taking a pretty big chance carrying that thing IWB. If anything rubs that trigger the wrong way, or you snag the trigger on something like a shirt tail while stuffing it in your pants, you're likely to know exactly what Plaxico Burress felt like when he invented the term "Glock-leg". I'm just saying, think it through.

I had a Keltec PF9 that had one of those and I actually used it once or twice. But the huge difference is, the PF9 trigger pull is like a double action revolver in that you have to really mean to pull the trigger, there is no accidentally brushing the trigger with that gun.
    Taurus1965 and Okie21 like this.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Member #
    Liked
    4812 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texastaurusguy View Post
    If that gun doesn't have a manual safety, I'd say that you're taking a pretty big chance carrying that thing IWB. If anything rubs that trigger the wrong way, or you snag the trigger on something like a shirt tail while stuffing it in your pants, you're likely to know exactly what Plaxico Burress felt like when he invented the term "Glock-leg". I'm just saying, think it through.

I had a Keltec PF9 that had one of those and I actually used it once or twice. But the huge difference is, the PF9 trigger pull is like a double action revolver in that you have to really mean to pull the trigger, there is no accidentally brushing the trigger with that gun.
    It has manual safety plus I use a trigger cover that attaches to my belt and pulls off when you draw the pistol.
    Name:  Screenshot_20190728-131804_eBay.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  382.1 KB
    texastaurusguy likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    31646 times
    Okay, well that is much better than not having anything over the trigger, and the manual safety should keep anything bad from happening.
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links