Wisconsin Now Honors DE, DC, FL, OK and RI.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By GarySlider
  • 2 Post By GarySlider
  • 1 Post By Fishinkeylargo
  • 2 Post By GarySlider

Thread: Wisconsin Now Honors DE, DC, FL, OK and RI.

Member #
    Liked
    540 times

Wisconsin Now Honors DE, DC, FL, OK and RI.

Wisconsin has added Delaware, District of Columbia and Rhode Island to the list of state it will honor. They also added Florida, Louisiana and Oklahoma but with some restrictions.

Florida license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 08/01/2013. Wisconsin DOES NOT recognize Florida licenses issued with the prefixes of W, WJ, WR, WX or WY.

Louisiana license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 03/09/2015

Oklahoma license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 10/01/2018.

Wisconsin had listed Louisiana as a state they honored without any restrictions but now puts a restriction as listed above on Louisiana.

Wisconsin has some rules about how states they honor must do back ground checks etc and that is why they have restrictions on some states they honor. I am not sure of all the criteria Wisconsin applies to other states. You can see the complete listing of the states Wisconsin honors and the 8 states that have restrictions on what permit/licenses from those states they honor at https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib...ry/reciprocity

I believe Florida will add Wisconsin as a state they honor in the near future. Florida will honor any state that honors them but then again they don’t honor all Florida permits. Not honoring certain permits with certain prefixes is something I have not seen in my 24+ years of doing this and not sure if this will affect Florida honoring Wisconsin.

It will be after the weekend before I get the site updated. Those restrictions cause me a lot of work and it is the weekend!!!!
    Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySlider View Post
    Wisconsin has added Delaware, District of Columbia and Rhode Island to the list of state it will honor. They also added Florida, Louisiana and Oklahoma but with some restrictions.

Florida license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 08/01/2013. Wisconsin DOES NOT recognize Florida licenses issued with the prefixes of W, WJ, WR, WX or WY.

Louisiana license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 03/09/2015

Oklahoma license ISSUED OR RENEWED ON OR AFTER 10/01/2018.

Wisconsin had listed Louisiana as a state they honored without any restrictions but now puts a restriction as listed above on Louisiana.

Wisconsin has some rules about how states they honor must do back ground checks etc and that is why they have restrictions on some states they honor. I am not sure of all the criteria Wisconsin applies to other states. You can see the complete listing of the states Wisconsin honors and the 8 states that have restrictions on what permit/licenses from those states they honor at https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib...ry/reciprocity

I believe Florida will add Wisconsin as a state they honor in the near future. Florida will honor any state that honors them but then again they don’t honor all Florida permits. Not honoring certain permits with certain prefixes is something I have not seen in my 24+ years of doing this and not sure if this will affect Florida honoring Wisconsin.

It will be after the weekend before I get the site updated. Those restrictions cause me a lot of work and it is the weekend!!!!
    I found an explanation for the letter codes over on the Florida Concealed Carry forum and based on that information it appears that Wisconsin only honors Florida CCW licenses for Law Enforcement and Diplomats.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Member #
    Liked
    22537 times
    Question from another thread: Do you know the reason GA and NM don't recognize each other?
    Definition of clip

1: any of various devices that grip, clasp, or hook
    2: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/clip

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    540 times
    New Mexico Requires certain Criteria to honor another state + a signed agreement. I am not sure what all is required for NM to honor a state. New Mexico is the hold up as Georgia will honor anyone who honors them.
    glenwolde and daytonaredeye like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    46621 times
    So basically Wisconsin still does not honor Florida permits. I was originally told that WI does not honor FL because FL did not use NICS for background checks they use FDLE. At some point FL started also using NICS for background checks and WI would start honoring FL permits issued after that date. WI told me they were in negotiations with FL and FL told me they were waiting on WI and as soon as WI added FL FL would add WI. This was all several years ago when I contacted both WI and FL. I kind of gave up on it after a while.

WI could have easily said we honor FL permits issued after XX/XX/XXXX date. The whole prefix thing is stupid.
    Last edited by Fishinkeylargo; 07-19-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    daytonaredeye likes this.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting or shooting sports, it is about the citizens of this country having the means to protect themselves and the states from the tyranny, oppression, and misery of an over powering government. Modern rifles are a means for the citizens to stand up to an over powering government.

Taurusarmed.net Where are you map?

Member #
    Liked
    540 times
    Hearing the same thing. I am hearing that Florida Licenses with the prefix W, WJ, WR, WX or WY are licenses that are issued to civilians. Looks like the only Florida license that Wisconsin will honor is a license issued to Law Enforcement Officers or other groups association with security. I believe that with those restrictions Florida will not honor the Wisconsin permit. Things are getting more and more complicated when it comes to who honors who and so forth.

Our problem at Handgunlaw.us is we try to report the facts as put out by the states and their statutes/admin rules. The states keep making it more and more difficult for us to know and understand the rules which keep multiplying by factors of 10. We have difficulty keeping up with them so how is the average man going to keep up with them?
    Fishinkeylargo and Atlee like this.

Member #
    Liked
    402 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GarySlider View Post
    Hearing the same thing. I am hearing that Florida Licenses with the prefix W, WJ, WR, WX or WY are licenses that are issued to civilians. Looks like the only Florida license that Wisconsin will honor is a license issued to Law Enforcement Officers or other groups association with security. I believe that with those restrictions Florida will not honor the Wisconsin permit. Things are getting more and more complicated when it comes to who honors who and so forth.

Our problem at Handgunlaw.us is we try to report the facts as put out by the states and their statutes/admin rules. The states keep making it more and more difficult for us to know and understand the rules which keep multiplying by factors of 10. We have difficulty keeping up with them so how is the average man going to keep up with them?
    IIRC the WJ prefix is for Judges and for some strange reason I have always thought of Judges as part of Law Enforcement.
    The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy!

Sponsored Links