How do y'all carry extra magazines? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: How do y'all carry extra magazines?

Member #
    Liked
    7959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaShooter View Post
    I carry daily and everywhere I'm permitted (not permitted at work)

I've never carried a spare magazine and probably won't... But I do like reading about how others carry one or more
    I don't carry a spare mag for extra ammo.

I carry a spare mag because I don't trust ANY one single magazine with my life and the lives of my loved ones.
    william, olfarhors and Brian845 like this.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    21173 times
    In my pickup....
    TexasAviator likes this.
    "Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The problems we face today are there because the people
    who work for a living are out numbered by the people that vote for a living

"No man who refuses to bear arms can give sound reason why he should be allowed to live in a free country" Teddy Roosevelt

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Member #
    Liked
    27391 times
    left rear pocket ( i wear jeans 90% of the time), with the boolletts facing outward.
    its that position every time.
    Retired Firefighter, Advanced Georgia Master Gardener, Hazardous Material Response Member, Certified Hazardous Material Incident Commander, 1911 Addict and General Gun Lover.
    Currently Professionally Retired Old Person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8981 times
    I carry a single stack spare mag holder or have a back up gun. I use the New York reload.

Member #
    Liked
    621 times
    I don't usually carry a spare. When I do I just drop it into my left pocket. I'm not a cop, so if I;m ever in a prolonged shootout it probably means I've done something really stupid.
    Brian845, Czechbikr and vboy36 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1219 times
    Depends on the situation. Where I am going, what I am doing, and what I am carrying on the particular day. High capacity weapons 13 or more rounds. Generally no I don't carry extra mags. Something like my 1911. Yea I will carry an extra mag maybe 2. If I go to Memphis. I carry a box of ammo, body armor, two mp5k's a mac 10 for back up, a .38 in the an ankle holster, two M92's tucked under each arm, a super shorty tucked between the seats, the wife has two micro uzi's, a couple fragmentation grenades, her back up pistol, and we take the Abram tank. Really depends.
    olfarhors likes this.
    Speed doesn't kill you. It's the sudden stop. That's what gets you.

Member #
    Liked
    35213 times
    I very rarely carry extra ammo (I carry revolvers alot so I'm including speed strips), but if I do it's in a pocket, jeans or coat.
    jtg452 likes this.
    "Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem" (I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery) Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

"If everyone is thinking alike then someone isn't thinking!" General Patton

"If we waited for Washington to tell us when to plant, we should soon want bread." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    7959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAviator View Post
    I very rarely carry extra ammo (I carry revolvers alot so I'm including speed strips), but if I do it's in a pocket, jeans or coat.
    Speedloaders go in the strong side lower coat pocket. That's the advantage of being left handed and shooting wheelguns, you get to use your dominant hand to do all the fiddly bits of running a speedloader.
    Student of the ancient Chinese art of Bang Pow.

Gun Shui adviser

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant" (1933)

Make 2020 the year of MABA- Make Alex Bartend Again.

Member #
    Liked
    2431 times
    The 5.11 Tactical pants I wear have a lot of pockets on them, one of which being a smaller, more narrow pocket which fits a spare magazine perfectly.
    "If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" - Tuco Remírez - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk. - Same

Member #
    Liked
    4110 times
    Verrrry carefully ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links