How do y'all carry extra magazines? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: How do y'all carry extra magazines?

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    32558 times
    I have no problem sitting on mine. I just moved my Copenhagen can from my back pocket to my shirt pocket, and pad the magazine with a bandana. Not wrapped mind you, just between the body and the magazine.
    ​All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.

Texas friendly, spoken here.

Member #
    Liked
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkystuf View Post
    I have a desk job, and spend a lot of time sitting.

Do you guys just sit on your spare mag? If so, is it comfortable? Do you use anything like a NeoMag to keep it in a specific spot?

I would really like to carry a spare, but can't seem to make it work. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

I don't carry, but I have a desk job as well. Would an ankle holster work to carry extra magazines?

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19335 times
    Ummm, DeltaBravoKS, you really should work towards CARRYING an actual gun before you worry about how to carry spare ammo. Unless you have a Godfrey like gun bearer you carry with you. I gotta admit that I’m finally curious enough to ask, why do you participate so supportively on a gun forum yet choose to not carry? Before I ever got my first carry permit I carried around my house/properties and kept a gun in my truck - Ga law recognizes vehicles as extensions of your home property. And boats. I grew up in Lake Hartwell and we kept a gun in our boat - even when visiting the SC shores if the lake. That was in the late ‘60s - late ‘70s: way before Carry permits came into being. So, just curious.
    NativeTexan likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

4. Remove Advertisements
    TaurusArmed.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    242 times
    I carry them in either my back left or front left pocket. If I carry a spare.
    Smokewagon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Ummm, DeltaBravoKS, you really should work towards CARRYING an actual gun before you worry about how to carry spare ammo. Unless you have a Godfrey like gun bearer you carry with you. I gotta admit that I’m finally curious enough to ask, why do you participate so supportively on a gun forum yet choose to not carry? Before I ever got my first carry permit I carried around my house/properties and kept a gun in my truck - Ga law recognizes vehicles as extensions of your home property. And boats. I grew up in Lake Hartwell and we kept a gun in our boat - even when visiting the SC shores if the lake. That was in the late ‘60s - late ‘70s: way before Carry permits came into being. So, just curious.
    I own quite a few Taurus guns. I thought it was a Taurus forum. I didn't realize it was limited to those who carry--concealed or otherwise.

The topic came up in the active list, so I answered the question. Then another post about a desk job (such as I have) asked for suggestions. In my present position, if I carried, that's probably how it would be--in an ankle holster. I'd probably have a magazine on the other leg. I'm just a few weeks short of being here for a year and plan to start contributing financially (if I make it that long). I didn't realize my legitimacy for being here would be questioned for chiming in, but if that is the feeling of the membership, I'll gladly leave.

Just for the record, I've never done pot, but I have no problem weighing in on it. I don't subscribe to the "you can't talk about it until you've done it" camp, but to each his own.
    daytonaredeye and Nimbly like this.

Super Moderator

Member #
    Liked
    19335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaBravoKS View Post
    I own quite a few Taurus guns. I thought it was a Taurus forum. I didn't realize it was limited to those who carry--concealed or otherwise.

The topic came up in the active list, so I answered the question. Then another post about a desk job (such as I have) asked for suggestions. In my present position, if I carried, that's probably how it would be--in an ankle holster. I'd probably have a magazine on the other leg. I'm just a few weeks short of being here for a year and plan to start contributing financially (if I make it that long). I didn't realize my legitimacy for being here would be questioned for chiming in, but if that is the feeling of the membership, I'll gladly leave.

Just for the record, I've never done pot, but I have no problem weighing in on it. I don't subscribe to the "you can't talk about it until you've done it" camp, but to each his own.
    Hey, I have no intent to impugne your personal habits. You are correct this is a forum for everyone and everyone has their opinions and personal freedoms to do as they wish. I was just curious that you hadn’t mentioned why you preferred to not carry. I’m cool with it and will gladly drop the subject.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

“Violent crime is feasible only when it’s victims are cowards. A victim who fights back makes the whole business impractical. - Col Jeff Cooper

With over 200 million firearms in private possession, in addition to a collective ammo round count of over a trillion rounds, it should be obvious that we in the firearm community and culture are NOT the problem!

Governments don’t create human rights; they either recognize them or suppress them

Member #
    Liked
    2192 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaredeye View Post
    Hey, I have no intent to impugne your personal habits. You are correct this is a forum for everyone and everyone has their opinions and personal freedoms to do as they wish. I was just curious that you hadn’t mentioned why you preferred to not carry. I’m cool with it and will gladly drop the subject.
    Hey, no problem. I cannot be offended. I thought I was being asked why I participate in a gun forum and don't carry. I didn't see the question as to why I prefer not to carry.

I don't see the need at this point, plus it is against my company policy. I'd have to leave it in the car (which doesn't appeal to me). I have carried less than 5 times in my life. Once open as a teenager when I accompanied my dad to the range, and a couple of times in the last year when my wife wanted me armed for one reason or another. I didn't carry any spare magazines (or speedloader) any of those times. I try to stay away from crowds and don't go to the bad parts of town so I just play the odds. I don't want to have to mind a gun on me while I am out and about. Fortunately here in KS I can whenever I want, but at this point, it has only been at the suggestion of the Mrs.

Super Moderator

Member #
    The end of the road between Sodom and Gomorrah Texas
    Liked
    30864 times
    I got taught the value of carrying at an early age, an incident I won't go into. So, I carried long before I could legally do so.

To each his or her own, though.
    Fishinkeylargo likes this.
    Taurus M85UL Rossi Sportsman .22
    Taurus M66 3" blue Rossi 3"M68
    Taurus M66 4" Nickel Rossi Carbine in .357 Mag
    Taurus 605 Poly Protector
    Taurus PT 145
    Taurus TH9c

Member #
    Liked
    6275 times
    On my shoulder holster I have 2 spare magazine pouches. I also have a double stack holder for my belt.
    Kevin Keith likes this.

Administrator

Member #
    Liked
    30979 times
    I just bought this rig for my Sig P226. It clips on to my belt in the back.

I don't prefer pocket carry because often, my back pockets are occupied with wallet and phone. And, my front pockets are full with keys and knife.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" - Benjamin Franklin

When Leonidas was preparing to make his stand, a Persian envoy arrived. The envoy explained to Leonidas the futility of trying to resist the advance of the huge Persian army and demanded that the Spartans lay down their arms. Leonidas told Xerxes "MOLON LABE", or "Come And Get Them."

NRA and TSRA member, and proud Texas LTC holder

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links